FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2018941-explore-canada-promo-50-deal-until-june-2021-a.html)

CanadaDH Jun 3, 2020 3:43 pm

Explore Canada promo - 50% deal until June 2021

Similar to the BOGO promo that started at some Western Canada properties, it would appear the 50% off deal is now extended to all Canadian Fairmonts (and the one Sofitel in Canada). It is also now available out to June 2021. (Or, at least it says until June 2021, but so far, I'm not getting any results under that promo code for 2021 yet, so maybe the e-mail went out before they activated the code).

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/explorecanada/

Note the terms and conditions. I'm not used to seeing a rate where you can't redeem points, considering there is only 1 night deposit required. I always thought that you could always use points to settle any non-prepaid balance at check-out. But, there's no restriction on earning points or receiving benefits.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0a06b29d89.jpg

Accor Terms and Conditions:

Buy one night and receive a complimentary second night during the same stay. A 1 night prepaid fully-refundable deposit is required. This promotion is subject to availability and may not be combined with any other offers, promotions or packages. For stays through June 30, 2021. Blackout dates may apply.

You may also use your complimentary night as a second room on the same night. Should you wish to do so, please book a two night stay and then you must call the hotel directly to amend the reservation. The reservation will be amended to have two rooms in the same room category for the price of one for one night.

ALL Rewards points may not be redeemed to cover the cost of any charges associated with stays booked on this offer either at time of booking or during the stay. This includes, but is not limited to charges for room rate/restaurant/in-room dining/spa/golf.

Members who book through this offer will receive the on-property benefits associated with their tier level at time of stay.

Members will earn points at standard earn rates for room charges and all eligible spend that is charged to their room during the stay.

Jasper2009 Jun 3, 2020 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 32427211)

Note the terms and conditions. I'm not used to seeing a rate where you can't redeem points, considering there is only 1 night deposit required. I always thought that you could always use points to settle any non-prepaid balance at check-out. But, there's no restriction on earning points or receiving benefits.

Unfortunately Accor often adds that restriction to promotional rates, though most commonly to Accor-wide promotions such as the "private sales" or "continent X sale" etc. Another "delightful" feature of the ALL program.

However, not all properties always enforce that restriction.

Maelstrom Jun 3, 2020 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 32427591)
Unfortunately Accor often adds that restriction to promotional rates, though most commonly to Accor-wide promotions such as the "private sales" or "continent X sale" etc. Another "delightful" feature of the ALL program.

However, not all properties always enforce that restriction.

You are correct - in my experience, the promotional rates often cannot use points for prepayment. However, this is the first time I have seen a condition where points cannot be used for any extra incidentals. Hopefully it is not a sign of things to come across the company.

CanadaDH Jun 4, 2020 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom (Post 32427651)
You are correct - in my experience, the promotional rates often cannot use points for prepayment. However, this is the first time I have seen a condition where points cannot be used for any extra incidentals. Hopefully it is not a sign of things to come across the company.

I totally understand not using points for pre-payment. But, this promotion doesn't require a full prepayment, only a 1 night deposit. If I'm booking an 8 or 10-night stay, a very sizeable portion of the room rate is only due on check-out. I'll just hope they don't enforce that. I like to redeem points as I go and not save them up.

tcook052 Jun 4, 2020 8:47 pm

This offer is only available for new bookings made by June 16, 2020.

sfo Jun 5, 2020 11:11 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 32430828)
This offer is only available for new bookings made by June 16, 2020.

Is there a promotion code. I have looked at hotels for Jan, Feb and Mar in Vancouver that are offerred and find nothing regarding the offer when I do a dummy booking?

Jasper2009 Jun 5, 2020 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 32432308)
Is there a promotion code. I have looked at hotels for Jan, Feb and Mar in Vancouver that are offerred and find nothing regarding the offer when I do a dummy booking?

The promotional code is "PLCL".

escape4 Jun 6, 2020 1:02 am

Some hotels seem to have good rates indeed, but for some others the regular rates are boosted so much that even after 50% discount the rate is ok but nothing to write home about.

FlyerGoldII Jun 6, 2020 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 32432308)

I actually in the actual promotion do not see this last date of booking for Fairmont hotels (under T and C). I do see this last date of booking for the AC promo or the Avis promo.

sfo Jun 6, 2020 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 32432654)

The above code did not work for me. Maybe I am not putting it in the right place. I am logging in, click on special rates, it then shows me my loyalty number, and then there are three boxes to put information in. I selected the promo code box, and get an error responce

CanadaDH Jun 6, 2020 11:00 am

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 32434693)
The above code did not work for me. Maybe I am not putting it in the right place. I am logging in, click on special rates, it then shows me my loyalty number, and then there are three boxes to put information in. I selected the promo code box, and get an error responce

You might be getting both an error response, and getting results. You didn't specify exactly where and when you were searching, but mentioned Jan, Feb and Mar for Vancouver hotels. I did a search of the Pacific Rim for mid-March, get this result.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1919f06485.jpg
The first line says the rate type isn't found, but then the first list of rate options available, are the 50%-off rates. An IT glitch presumably. Or, maybe the promo code advertised is wrong, and so it finds nothing under the code, but pulls up the correct rates anyway. Many promo rates are displayed automatically even when not specifying a code.

tcook052 Jun 7, 2020 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 32432654)

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 32434693)

Promo code is PLCA.

sfo Jun 7, 2020 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 32437299)
Promo code is PLCA.

Well it still does not work for me.

When I check the Fairmont Pacific Rim for two nights March 9 March 11, I get the stay close to home rate of 50% off. The room rate is quoted at CAD $234.00 average night rate.
Then when I look at the total price for the two nights it is CAD $551.08 incl taxes. If I put in the PLCA code, I still get the error message code.

When I log out and book it with out signing in I get the exact same price.

CanadaDH Jun 7, 2020 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 32437564)
Well it still does not work for me.

When I check the Fairmont Pacific Rim for two nights March 9 March 11, I get the stay close to home rate of 50% off. The room rate is quoted at CAD $234.00 average night rate.
Then when I look at the total price for the two nights it is CAD $551.08 incl taxes. If I put in the PLCA code, I still get the error message code.

When I log out and book it with out signing in I get the exact same price.

That's exactly the way it should be. The Daily Rate for those dates on a Fairmont Room is $469/night. The Stay Close rate is $469 for the first night, and $0 for the second, and in the search result, they display it as an average nightly rate of $234.50. If you were staying 2 nights without this promo, you'd pay $1,102.14 including taxes.

I'm not seeing the problem? Sure, it gives an error message saying it can't find the promo, but then proceeds to display the promo rates correctly. That might be the result of them adding this Explore Canada promo with the same terms as the earlier Stay Close promo, but with longer availability dates, but not changing the promo code. While the error message is confusing, it is correctly giving you the discount.

sfo Jun 7, 2020 1:46 pm

Ok CanadaDH got it. Thanks for your assistance on this. I guess at 80yrs old my brain has a reduced thought process. :confused: ;)