Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
As of 18 December 2020 Accor (finally) has a straightforward policy and a simple form to request a voucher. It may or may not work, however (it didn't work for IMH on 21.12.2020). The details in English are here: https://all.accor.com/event/information.en.shtml

The important part is as follows. I've removed the link to the form, however, as it's an individually generated URL.

Originally Posted by Accor
Booked a non-flexible rate directly with Accor and need to cancel?

Guest who planned to stay in one of our hotels prior to and inclusive of 28th February 2021 may modify their reservation for a later date without any modification fees subject to availability and applicable rates and conditions) or request a credit voucher for the full amount of the original booking value for use at a future date, (all at once or over several occasions), at the same hotel within 18 months of the voucher issue date. If the booked hotel is closed at the date of your stay, or if the hotel is not allowed to accommodate the guest based on official orders, you can cancel your reservation free of charge and receive a full refund.

➔ To cancel and get a credit voucher please use the following link
(valid for our hotels in Europe, Middle East, Africa Asia Pacific and Brazil)

Claim a voucher [ -- link removed -- ]

➔ To modify or cancel the dates of your stay, please contact the hotel directly.

Print Wikipost

Accor Coronavirus Policy (bookings, status etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:01 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Hilton : covid19 informations

IHG : covid19 informations

Mariott : covid19 informations

Accor : Nothing !

Last edited by nrouxel; Mar 13, 2020 at 6:07 am
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
For what my 2c worth is :

Accor seem to be thinking that this will be over in a week or so, like some temporary hiccup in the system.

It will not be over by the summer, and will prob not be over until next year.

The whole industry will have changed, hotels will have gone bust along with some airlines and many other businesses large and small.

Corporate travel was already being replaced by facetime and such. This will make it even more likely that once business adapt to this,, they will not foot the bill for long trips in planes and hotel stays. VR and other IT solutions will become normal.

The business model will have to change. Leisure travel will become more and more important. That needs good Customer Service and good hotels ( as there will be loads to choose from all fighting for the guest )

Accor seems to be run by the franchise operators, and has been rapidly selling its own properties.

I am worried it will turn into a "Best Western" type of company.

They need to keep the leisure traveler on board, and the people who stay with them a lot ( status members ) happy.

The current policy will drive many away as they try other chains.

From my own perspective, we have just achieved Hilton Gold last year, and have had 4 stays this year. Each stay was much better and more enjoyable even at Gold compared with Platinum Accor.

Accor - get your act together - or there will be nothing of your group when "normality" returns - whatever that is or will become.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
@nrouxel I don't think your page has fully loaded, it takes a while till a dropdown shows on my browser:

But the information is disgraceful.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Incase the information does not load on your browser - it took 10 seconds to appear on mine ..... easily missed when you click through

Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
New policy just announced:

Global Policy: guests who booked a non-flexible rate with Accor prior to today and scheduled to arrive prior to 30 April 2020 may modify their reservation for future travel until 31 December 2020 without penalty by contacting the hotel directly.

Existing modification and cancellation waivers in place for specific regions due to Government restrictions:Guests traveling TO or FROM Mainland China; Hong Kong SAR, China; Macau SAR, China; Taiwan, China; and South Korea until 31 March 2020 will be able to modify or cancel a valid booking
Guests traveling TO Italy until 3 April 2020 will be able to modify or cancel an existing reservation.
Guests who booked and planned a stay between 10 March and 22 April 2002 TO UAE, Kuwait, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar and Saudi Arabia (KSA), may cancel or modify their stay until 30 September 2020 without penalty.
Too little, too late.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe all major hotel chains will adopt similar policy eventually.

The difference will be in when they actually published and implemented it.

Marriott was considered slow by those Bonvoy members and it seems like Accor is even slower
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The reason why I say "too late" is that the Accor policy does not take into account at all rapidly evolving situation of border closures and airline cancellations. For example the Czech Republic has closed its borders. Delta is stopping all flights to Europe, Turkish have stopped service from 9 European countries. So what are your guests to do Accor? Explain! Modify is not the answer.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Too little, too late.
Anyone been able to find it on there website? All I can find is an Facebook post. Would like to include the link in the email to the hotel.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
The new policy is pinned to the top of their twitter feed -

Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
They don't seem to have bothered telling the hotels of this change in policy - just called an IBIS to rearrange a booking I have for tomorrow and they denied all knowledge. They said if I sent an email they would "consider it".

Hopeless!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Too little, too late.
Are they aware that the US borders are closed to almost all Europeans starting tonight ? And that the French cannot go to many countries that are not part of their list ???
starflyergold likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hyatt is almost as bad as Accor. Sorry, in French.

Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:01 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
You can now find the new policy on all.accor.com (in french for the moment)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nrouxel
You can now find the new policy on all.accor.com (in french for the moment)
Now updated in English too - https://all.accor.com/help/specialev...ation.en.shtml
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I don't know where you found that link, and it does not work in Firefox for me. But at least Chrome says:
Les clients ayant réservé un tarif non-flexible avec Accor avant aujourd'hui et devant séjourner au plus tard le 30 avril 2020 inclus pourront modifier leur réservation pour une date future, jusqu'au 31 décembre 2020 inclus sans pénalité en contactant l'hôtel directement. Pour voir la liste d’hôtels, veuillez consulter https://all.accor.com/gb/world/hotels-accor-monde.shtml

Guests who booked a non-flexible rate with Accor prior to today and are scheduled to arrive prior to April 30, 2020, may modify their reservation for future travel through December 31, 2020 without penalty by contacting the hotel directly. For a list of hotels, please refer to https://all.accor.com/gb/world/hotels-accor-monde.shtml
(and then what seems to be the same free cancellation policy as before)

So I guess it's free re-booking world-wide, but no refund stemming from new restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.