Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking room for others

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Booking room for others

Usually for SPG, I can book room under my name+perks but have someone else checked in (need to call prior to add their name to the room) and I still earn my points even if i never show up. Just wondering if Accor Hotels let us do that or we need to be physically present? Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
pretty sure you need to be there yourself.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I book sometimes rooms for my parents.

I book not refundable rate (payment in advance) and I ask the hotel to send me invoice under my name explaining them my parents will be the guests

always got points (and my parents sometimes the welcome drinks), except if Im having a stay on the same dates.

When I had an overlapping stay, ive been able to manage with Accor CC, choosing on what stay (mine or my parents one) I want to be credited the points
sycokid and Firsttime4me2 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dav77
I book sometimes rooms for my parents.

I book not refundable rate (payment in advance) and I ask the hotel to send me invoice under my name explaining them my parents will be the guests

always got points (and my parents sometimes the welcome drinks), except if Im having a stay on the same dates.

When I had an overlapping stay, ive been able to manage with Accor CC, choosing on what stay (mine or my parents one) I want to be credited the points
Thanks Dav77. So was the booking under your name or your parents name?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by beth_cing
Thanks Dav77. So was the booking under your name or your parents name?
Under my name (not refundable booking). Then I send the hotel a message explaining its a reservation for my parents with the names, asking to be sent immediately the invoice under my name (since they get pre payment)
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: ALL
The short answer is no. Only the member is entitled to the benefits when bookings an eligible rate through an eligible channel. Some hotels are apparently rather lax about it and may deliver points to non staying members.

it's covered in section 7.3 of the T&C : https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/l...tions.en.shtml

7.3. Eligible expenses

Only the following expenses are eligible to earn Points (and only if they are paid for by a Member who is actually staying at the hotel):
- Expenses for Member accommodation and, if applicable, for one other room at the same hotel on the same date (for a maximum of two invoiced rooms), provided that (i) the Member is staying in one of these rooms and that (ii) the second room is not occupied by another Member. Note that if the Member books two rooms, Points are earned for these two rooms, but the number of Eligible Nights is based only on the Member's room;
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by beth_cing
Usually for SPG, I can book room under my name+perks but have someone else checked in (need to call prior to add their name to the room) and I still earn my points even if i never show up. Just wondering if Accor Hotels let us do that or we need to be physically present? Thanks!
SPG and its descendant Bonvoy T&C actually does not allow points and night credit earning if the member never show up. But some hotel ignore this.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I booked a room at a Novotel and had purchased a voucher for a room at a charity auction. When we stayed we all got the welcome drinks, but I was there with them though. Not the same as your situation.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:40 am

I've done this for a staff member both when they are travelling independently and when we are together (2 or 3 rooms at once sometimes) and never had issues. I just mention in the booking notes who the guest will be and they've always had the same privileges (Pullmans in Sydney and Melbourne). Always paid fully in advance anyway.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I’d be really careful. The Privileges are meant for the loyalty member plus one guest. If you have no intent of even showing up and If they called you on it, they might site you for fraud and suspend your Accor account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.