Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New hotel openings 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
New Movenpick Hotel Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

I was booked into the Ibis Styles in downtown Hobart for July. Received direct E mail from the hotel the other day saying that the government contract for quarantine has been extended to the end of the year. They have offered, it appears, the Movenpick that opened in Jan 2021. Is it normal to receive bails with alternative? It's not showing in the App only my existing booking. Movenpick looks quite nice. Anyone stated here?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Accor to open first Hyde Hotels property in Dubai

https://www.sbe.com/hotels/hyde/dubai
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
If, like most travellers, you expect to be coming to Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, in the near future, you're in luck: Accor is preparing to launch a new property, named The Emporium Plovdiv MGallery, in December of 2021. It appears this will be a directly-managed hotel, with Accor tapping the former Deputy GM of the Sofitel Grand Sopot to manage it. Interior visualizations have been released by the Sundukovy Sister duo, who have done many of recent Accor launches and remodellings, as well as work for other major hotel brands.

https://all.accor.com/hotel/B4U6/index.en.shtml
Old Jun 26, 2021, 2:14 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Formerly the historic Almenara Hotel (Near Cadiz) : https://www.traveldailymedia.com/acc...t-so-in-spain/
Opening is now scheduled for 28 July.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by JTCz
in the historic city of Kraków in Poland, launching as Mercure Krakow Fabryczna City in September, without much prior fanfare:
https://all.accor.com/hotel/B6A5/index.en.shtml
This hotel was supposed to open last year but they slowed down due to covid , happy to see new places added in krakow , the existing offer is nice for a city of such size but lacks diversity in accor's brands and location
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fifty_two
This hotel was supposed to open last year but they slowed down due to covid , happy to see new places added in krakow , the existing offer is nice for a city of such size but lacks diversity in accor's brands and location
... and there is also another Ibis Styles opening in Krakow round about the same time in broadly the same area of the city(Grzegórzki):ibis Styles Kraków Centrum. So that will make it 11 accor properties in Krakow.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
... and there is also another Ibis Styles opening in Krakow round about the same time in broadly the same area of the city(Grzegórzki):ibis Styles Kraków Centrum. So that will make it 11 accor properties in Krakow.
ohh really ?? thanks for information , there was nothing displayed on website/app last month, so i guess its pretty recent

i dont pass through this street (mogilska) anymore so i wasnt aware they are building a hotel there ..... iam amazed by the locations where new ALL hotels appear in poland
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:09 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

MGallery The Bodrum Hotel Yalıkavak

A popular location for world-famous brands in the recent years, Bodrum, the pearl of the Aegean, is welcoming MGallery, which is among Accor Group’s premium hotel brands. Standing out with simple, yet sophisticated, architecture and attractive indoor spaces, situated right by the sea in Bodrum Yalıkavak, MGallery The Bodrum Hotel Yalıkavak opens its doors on July 1, 2021, as one of the newest, most prestigious hotels in the region.....MGallery The Bodrum Hotel Yalıkavak was established on a 13-decare seafront land situated in Yalıkavak, the smallest and calmest bay of the town, and one of Bodrum’s most popular destinations located in the northwest of Bodrum peninsula. Located just a few minutes away from the Yalıkavak Marina, the heart of Bodrum, featuring world-famous brands, restaurants and nightclubs. Having 102 rooms, 35 of which are suites, the hotel also features a private sandy beach, outdoor infinity pool and a fully equipped gym for sports fans, an indoor pool and Spa.
https://www.hotelnewsme.com/news/acc...ens-its-doors/
JTCz likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:37 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Mercure Rhodes Alexia, Greece

Accor has debuted its Mercure brand in Greece, with a property located on the island of Rhodes.

Mercure Rhodes Alexia (formerly the Alexia Premier City Hotel) is located 50 metres from Niochori Beach and 15km from the island’s international airport. Nearby cultural attractions include Mandraki Port, the Palace of Grand Master of the Knights, and the Castle of the Old Town.
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...rty-in-greece/
Goldorak and JTCz like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Choosing the best of possible times, Raffles Udaipur opens for business next week:

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...august-2-2021/
https://www.raffles.com/udaipur/

If you'd rather have the original Delta variant of the coronavirus rather than some second-hand knockoffs or variations, this place has it all: palatial building located on its own island, opulent interiors that are somehow both European historic revival and Indian themed, a marble staircase and a wood-clad drawing room / lounge / gentlemen's club.

Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Heritage Hotel Fermai - Split (Croatia)

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I never saw that posted before (apologies if the case).
A new MGallery hotel is about to open in Split, Croatia in an historical buiding. It will be a small hotel : 35 rooms.
https://press.accor.com/continental-...split/?lang=en

You really wonder why they open in May, but will operate under MGallery/Accor only from July
But a very good news of course to have this new beautiful hotel joining the MGallery brand.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hi from Split, Croatia
today, I walked by the future MGallery.
still no sign of Accor, MGallery but it is supposed to operate under this brand from July only. It is now bookable via Accor even before july (I just tried a dummy booking for end May).
I looked at this hotel for a possible stay in the coming days, but now ALL website says it will operate under MGallery in september, instead of from July as previously announced. The hotel is bookable on ALL site/app for stays now, but no points earning/spending and no status benefits. And it is not cheap (250-350 EUR/night). I pass...
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Ugh... where do I start? This is just greed, plain and simple.

Not to mention that the hotel doesn't really offer much, just bed and breakfast. No pool, no spa, nothing. Like I care if the building is beautiful!
I have no idea how they justify their prices, but they won't be getting any money from me until they become reasonable. And join MGallery. First it said it would be joining MGallery in July, then August, now September... By the way, I've been following this hotel for months now and the prices on ALL website were actually much higher than on the hotel's own website and not all the rooms were offered on the ALL website, just 4 types of rooms and no suites. I have no idea what's going on here.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
Ugh... where do I start? This is just greed, plain and simple.

Not to mention that the hotel doesn't really offer much, just bed and breakfast. No pool, no spa, nothing. Like I care if the building is beautiful!
I have no idea how they justify their prices, but they won't be getting any money from me until they become reasonable. And join MGallery. First it said it would be joining MGallery in July, then August, now September... By the way, I've been following this hotel for months now and the prices on ALL website were actually much higher than on the hotel's own website and not all the rooms were offered on the ALL website, just 4 types of rooms and no suites. I have no idea what's going on here.
Interesting and fully agree with you. I walked by the hotel today. It is open but zero external sign of Accor or MGallery.
I found a very decent hotel, 20 min walking from the old town, with a pool for half the price of the Fermai.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
BreakFree Wirrina Cove (New Terry)

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...new-terry.html
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It's technically not a new opening but the Mercure Istanbul Plaza Hotel in the Gayrettepe district in Istanbul is now a Mövenpick.

Last year, there was construction going on inside this hotel.

Goldorak, BinSabai, JTCz and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.