Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL - Accor Live Limitless (to replace Le Club from 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Got 3 for this stay .... next year after ALL would that become 5 ?
Dav77 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

Evening Amenity .... doesn’t need to be too flash ... brand appropriate .... small chocolate or fruit plate whatever ..... just as a small sign of recognition .... effort depending on hotel brand
Wait. Don't we already get something like that? I've always had something provided in the evening at turndown. Sometimes it's a cheese plate. Or chocolates. Usually something local. Fresh flowers are replaced daily. That sort of thing. Not usually fancy, and often smaller than the welcome amenity on arrival, but there's normally something left in addition to my turndown service water bottles. However, my experiences are limited to Fairmont and Raffles.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
- We would like worldwide all week free breakfast.
- We would like suite upgrade certs which cover not a night but a min of 3 or 5 nights.

What else would we want from Diamond?
fully agree with your 2 suggestions. I would add that all benefits like upgrade, early check-in/late checkout should be guaranteed and not upon availability, if the weather is good, if Venus, Neptun and Saturn were aligned the night before, etc
And for early check-in/late checkout, some times should be guaranteed like 8 am for early and 6 pm for late.
IMH, Jasper2009 and hotel_user like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:15 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
8 am means a free room before the cleaning staff starts their day, same for 6 pm which is after housekeeping left. This is effectively asking for a free night. I think this is a bit unrealistic and would propose 10 AM to 4 PM.
Firsttime4me2 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
8 am means a free room before the cleaning staff starts their day, same for 6 pm which is after housekeeping left. This is effectively asking for a free night. I think this is a bit unrealistic and would propose 10 AM to 4 PM.
4pm guaranteed is certainly not enough for Diamond. That’s what it should be for Platinum. 6 pm is a strict minimum for Diamond IMO. For early check-in, I hear your argument and you have for sure a valid point here.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Wait. Don't we already get something like that? I've always had something provided in the evening at turndown. Sometimes it's a cheese plate. Or chocolates. Usually something local. Fresh flowers are replaced daily. That sort of thing. Not usually fancy, and often smaller than the welcome amenity on arrival, but there's normally something left in addition to my turndown service water bottles. However, my experiences are limited to Fairmont and Raffles.
I know it already happens in Raffles (Jakarta/Siem Reap but not Phnom Penh for me).

I was thinking for other brands.

i only tried one Fairmont (Jakarta). Just three check ins but nothing at night.

Received nice chocolates at one Pullman recently in Phuket at night, but only one night of a 3 night Stay.

Cannot remember anywhere else. Maybe there was somewhere but I can’t remember. Maybe Sofitel in Phnom Penh. Vague memory. Definitely not Sofitel in KL. Certainly not at Banyan Tree KL for 3 check ins and even Welcome fruit was quite poor.

Anyway, when I made the suggestion I was remembering Raffles (and St Regis/MO) but thinking of all other brands. I said nothing fancy but was not thinking at all about a plate of Apples unless maybe economy brand.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Sep 7, 2019 at 1:27 pm
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:17 pm

Understand your early check in/housekeeping issue.

Just some vague anecdotal memories:

I remember Keraton Jakarta (Luxury Collection) during Starwood days used to advertise on their website that check in was available from 7 am and not on a Your24 basis where the guest must be out 24 hours later. Late check out was also available. It was a very popular hotel.

But this was a standard set by this particular hotel. They blocked rooms. It was not a brand standard for Luxury Collection.

I don’t read the Marriott board much anymore but am pretty sure there were reports about this hotel going down hill over the last 2 years or so. I have no first hand experience.

Dont know how many Diamonds there will be but perhaps blocking rooms could be possible at certain brands depending on occupancy and if Loyalty focussed.

Or at least some sort of priority service to get guests checked in very early when possible.

I definitely remember calling regular Starwood hotels as Ambassador from 7 am in certain circumstances, and waiting in the Club Lounge while rooms were rushed if not already available. Even remember not asking for early check ins and still receiving notifications at 7 am saying rooms/Suites were available after those App notifications began (Marriott time). This included Premium brands (especially where I was regular), and one Aloft that had a cleaning team over night to keep rooms available early after midnight check outs for airport or whatever. Excellent GM at that time.

With Accor, I can remember two small Mercures notifying me at 9 am without any request from me. Other Accor brands in Jakarta and Thailand happy to provide an early check in time the night before once occupancy settled. Priority basis, not guaranteed.

A few Accor hotels have certainly blocked rooms several days ahead without me asking for anything at all and emailed me a time for morning check in .... Luxury brands ... Raffles and something else. One Pullman in KL seems to have a 7 am proactive service where the Lounge staff will call at 7 am based on check ins this year .... not guaranteed but priority service based on availability.

Maybe such service falls under the category of Personalised Service listed on the new ALL Award Chart.

Only my second year with Accor so not a lot of experience but my guess is that well managed, Loyalty focussed hotels would not have a big problem proactively helping with advanced notice of early check in at 7 or 8 am if low occupancy and guest not needing Suite whether Diamond or regular Stay Platinum. Some though seem to always say 11 am no matter what. Seems like particular hotel standard.

Certainly any subject to availability type situation allows hotels to do what they want.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Sep 7, 2019 at 2:39 pm
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:23 pm

Deleted mistaken double post

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Sep 7, 2019 at 2:28 pm Reason: Double posting, quoted rather than edited
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:20 pm

How about - if there is a diamond benefit that is subject to availability eg suite upgrade or early check-in and the hotel says its not available but you can have it for $X , then the hotel must pay the guest the $X as compensation for failure of service delivery @:-)
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum
- We would like suite upgrade certs which cover not a night but a min of 3 or 5 nights.

Daily welcome drinks for hotels with no lounge + unrestricted welcome drinks menu
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
8am early check in and 6pm late checkout when available
or alternatively
10 am early check in and 4pm late check out guaranteed

that should be good benefit for diamond and above.

Bonvoy do give guaranteed 4pm checkout for non resort property for their platinum and above (50nights stayer)
fransknorge likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

We need guaranteed benefits with Diamond IMO. This is plainly justified knowing the spending required. Otherwise, we know enough how a significant number of Accor hotels manage loyalty : if it is “if available”, they will find any excuse to not provide it.
R2, gilbertaue, IMH and 5 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:54 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Many hotels have 24h housekeeping. I had my room made up at 2am at the W HK not long ago.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:05 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
In countries with sensible working regulations this is not possible, thank God.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Goldorak
We need guaranteed benefits with Diamond IMO. This is plainly justified knowing the spending required. Otherwise, we know enough how a significant number of Accor hotels manage loyalty : if it is “if available”, they will find any excuse to not provide it.
@Goldorak nailed it. Suite upgrade certificates confirmed at time of booking are nice (= same as Hyatt), but where Accor fails is when it's about suite upgrades when NOT using a certificate, which means 90%+ of stays. If Accor does not put a system in place such that Diamonds systematically get suite upgrades when such non-premium suites are available at time of check-in, then Diamond status will simply not be worth it relative to the competition. Hilton does not have suite upgrade certs but suite upgrade success is generally higher than Accor by virtue of hotels having more willingness to upgrade. It's not all of them, but it's a greater proportion than Accor, if comparing similar geographies. Hyatt and Marriott have become almost automatic that when there is a suite available, the elite guest will get it. Accor lags tremendously behind, and Hilton lags as well but to a lesser extent.

I find it cumbersome to have to do a lot of research to find out if Accor property XYZ is one of those that will upgrade generously upon availability, or if it's a property that will upgrade only if you twist their arm, or if they will not upgrade come hell or high water. Elite guests just want to know they will be treated well at any Accor property if circumstances allow the hotel to treat guests well (= hotel not full) and then book at Accor hotels without second thoughts.

Suite upgrade certs should be more generous than one night but that is a far easier fix than the problem above where there is widespread bad behavior from several Accor hotels being stingy, which ultimately affects the hotels which are generous because some people will shun the latter based on their overall experience at Accor, without knowing that a specific property does not have the stinginess issue. This is unfortunate.

And of course breakfast 7/7 is another easy fix, for this one it's Accor corporate which looks stingy, not specific properties. But it sets the tone...
IMH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.