Missing stay plus night

Old Oct 28, 18, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Missing stay plus night

Hi,

I recently rejoined the accor plus membership and made one booking using the stay plus benefit...

About a week after, I suddenly lost my second stay plus benefit while the my reservation page still only shows the one booking and nothing else..

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this issue as when I tried to contact the cs they just kept telling me to wait for them with no time frame given at all.

Thank you
Old Oct 28, 18, 8:18 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
There is nothing very much anyone here can do. I suggest contacting your relationship manager to help with the problem. Since your account has been transferred to Accor Plus, the Accor customer service team will just route any queries (if you sent any from Accor's website) to the office you sign up with.

A phone call to your relationship manager might help to expedite things.
Old Oct 29, 18, 3:24 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum AMB, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Gold, GarudaMiles Gold, QR Silver, QF Silver
I've experienced the same situation. I still got one stay plus left from previous calendar. Since my account was downgraded from Platinum to basic (the lowest Accor Plus level supposed to be Silver, don't have any ideas why...neither Accor +) for a month so I didn't use it. Then, when I renewed the Accor +, my stay plus stays ZERO (supposed to be 2+1) eventhough my membership was reinstated to Platinum, I emailed them asking why stay plus was missing, but no reply at all...However, in 4 days; all my stay plus were reinstated to 3 nights. Just emailed them then they will know how many stay plus that you have used.
Old Oct 29, 18, 6:07 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Hi All, that the stays plus is not in you account is a two edged sword. It should be in there of course, but I wouldn't push for it - as long as your Accor+ Manager and you are both aware of it, I would leave it as it is.

Why? Because the Stay+ cert is causing the issues with the booking platform. I have now gone through this test with them and have temporarily removed the stay+ cert. The system now load rates and rooms fine.

So IMO, don't rush to get them into your account online. Again: as long as you and your Accor+ liaison are on the same page!
Old Oct 29, 18, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, thanks for the reply...
Yes my sales agent is aware of the issue and has referred me to a member service person, but so far no real solution yet.
I've also tried to contact the call center and also sent a message from the contact us page on the website, but no response yet.
Fingers crossed it can be resolved soon.

On a side note, do you know why sometime we still have to pay a relatively small amount when we use the stay plus certificate ?
For example the Mercure Ginza in Tokyo even though it says free on the initial page, when we go to the next page it will show that usd 15 or so is still payable.

Thanks again everyone
Old Oct 29, 18, 9:11 pm

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Wait, you all have an allocated Accor+ manager? How do I find out who mine is?
Old Oct 29, 18, 9:33 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
the one that you bought your accor plus from? Mine is Gina from their Singapore office. I think the name of the customer service agent is Andrew.
Old Oct 29, 18, 11:11 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
Wait, you all have an allocated Accor+ manager? How do I find out who mine is?
"Manager" not necessarily in title, but someone who takes care of your account.
Who replies to you when you send Accor+ an email?

@edo.kg2 have you clicked on the T&C of the rate and then click on Details? Could it be some local room charge?
I think even here in Malaysia, where they charge a tourism tax of RM10, you can't avoid that even on a free night stay.
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Oct 30, 18, 12:02 am

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Ah, right. Well when I send A+ an email, there's one of two people who reply to my emails. I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 18, 7:02 am
Original Poster

I dont think its the local (city) tax, as I've checked the Ibis Shinjuku & Pullman Tamachi both show free / no amount payable until the end of booking page as well.
Well unless its a "very" local tax as in Ginza's area tax.

I did check the details and all 3 hotels show the same note about local tax payable at hotel during check in time.
Also another thing I noticed was that it shows different extra amount if I put 1 adult / 2 adults / 2 adults and 1 child.

Anyway, I will check on check in later and update here for everyone.
Old Oct 30, 18, 9:07 pm

Programs: Carte Bienvenue
Originally Posted by edo.kg2 View Post
Hi all, thanks for the reply...
On a side note, do you know why sometime we still have to pay a relatively small amount when we use the stay plus certificate ?
For example the Mercure Ginza in Tokyo even though it says free on the initial page, when we go to the next page it will show that usd 15 or so is still payable.
The Free night is available on the lead room type. Many hotels will price this rate on higher room types by simply pricing it as the upsell value : If the Best available rate is 100 on a superior room and 120 on a deluxe room, the hotel will price the the "Free Night" as FREE on the Superior and 20 on the deluxe.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: