Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Free breakfast for Platinum- only Asia-Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free breakfast for Platinum- only Asia-Pacific

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Thank you Expat_852.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Expat_852
From the web page explaining Executive Lounge benefits for Platinum members, Novotel New Plymouth Hobson does not have an Executive Lounge so as per the second section...

"breakfast will be offered to Le Club AccorHotels Platinum members (and registered guests staying in the same room) at the hotel’s restaurant"

www.accorhotels.com/leclub/user/hotels-lounge/index.en.shtml
I had breakfast vouchers for 2xguests in separate rooms on a recent stay (Mercure Dunedin NZ). May be because I spend many nights there.
I inquired as to whether the Platinum Breakfast was actually a thing, referencing this thread upon checking. They were only too happy to supply breakfast vouchers, but noted it was another "Upon Request" benefit at their property at least.
As it happened, we both had an early event to attend, so we were able to substitute the restaurant full breakfast for our choice on the room service menu at around 0600. A nice touch.
tris06 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wrijo
I had breakfast vouchers for 2xguests in separate rooms on a recent stay (Mercure Dunedin NZ). May be because I spend many nights there.
I inquired as to whether the Platinum Breakfast was actually a thing, referencing this thread upon checking. They were only too happy to supply breakfast vouchers, but noted it was another "Upon Request" benefit at their property at least.
As it happened, we both had an early event to attend, so we were able to substitute the restaurant full breakfast for our choice on the room service menu at around 0600. A nice touch.
Seems like if this gradually rolls out over the next few years to be one of the biggest benefits Accor has for plat members. Here is a question. They said it is for the room the platinum member stays in. So if I book a penthouse suite (4 rooms) I could get 8 adults breakfast each morning? Interesting to consider.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tris06
Seems like if this gradually rolls out over the next few years to be one of the biggest benefits Accor has for plat members. Here is a question. They said it is for the room the platinum member stays in. So if I book a penthouse suite (4 rooms) I could get 8 adults breakfast each morning? Interesting to consider.
​​​​​​they should honour right? I just did that for a 3BR suite for 4 pax too. 😂
Old May 30, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cowism
​​​​​​they should honour right? I just did that for a 3BR suite for 4 pax too. 😂
As long as they are registered guests.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum

Have had this confirmed in writing by Novotel Cathedral Square-Christchurch.
This is a huge benefit, not least for business stays. Makes life much easier in the morning.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Is this benefits now valid at Fairmont's property in Asia?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pvgman
Is this benefits now valid at Fairmont's property in Asia?
Yes
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cowism
Yes
I have contacted a Fairmont in Mainland China and they have informed me that they won't offer any breakfast, checking the list on Leclub website it seems that they should be offering complimentary breakfast.

Could be that the person who answer the email is not aware of the new rules, will report back after my visit.

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/user/hotels-lounge/index.en.shtml?utm_medium=email&utm_source=animation-marketing&utm_campaign=ml-%3C%=message.delivery.label%%3E-b5l5&utm_content=%3C%=utm_content%%3E&uauid=%3C%=gua_hash%%3E&utm_medium=email&utm_source=animation-marketing&utm_campaign=ml-acl-1808-en-1-cn-gb-14-0-b5l5&utm_content=CN-EN-NA-NA&uauid=ba574873f542f47ef2453e54ea24e18e0ede973de671 8f684e690e86c7cb1a57
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Sometimes it takes longer for things catch on in China. Having another weekend stay (Mid Autumn Fesitval) at Pullman forum Dongguan. Just checked in and they offered 1 breakfast only for the platinum guest. Had to correct them on this rule and used this thread as well as eventually going to the accor website to prove that all adults in the same room as the platinium member is given breakfast.

No welcome gift as well but I don't mind.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I'm going to qualify for accor Platinum soon and this benefit is quite important to me.

Would be good to have a a lot more updates on member's experiences in getting free breakfasts in Asia, especially at the 4 luxury brand properties:

FAIRMONT
SWISSOTEL
RAFFLES
SOFITEL

We can make this a master thread on reviews of free breakfasts in asia for platinum members.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 6, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:09 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
At the Fairmont Nanjing, I was offered complimentary breakfast for two people (two registered guests in the room) in the main restaurant.
Fairmont Gold is not extended to Platinum members.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
At the Fairmont Nanjing, I was offered complimentary breakfast for two people (two registered guests in the room) in the main restaurant.
That's good news !
How was the breakfast at that hotel ?
And do you know how much it would have cost if you paid for 2 people ?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:17 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I believe the breakfast would have cost about RMB 218 per person (about 27.5 Euros per person, according to XE currency).

The breakfast was very good. We were there at the start of the Golden Week national holiday, so it was very busy. We were sat at a table and given initial cups of tea and coffee, though we were never offered top ups.

With it being very busy, you could see the staff were having a bit of a tough time of it. During the "frenzy" peak rush, the chefs were struggling to keep the popular dishes topped up.

So that took the shine off a bit. But I'm willing to give them a pass on account of it being the start of Golden Week. We just went for breakfast a bit earlier on the second and third mornings and didn't have any issues with food running out, though they still didn't offer second rounds of tea or coffee.
est-gratuite likes this.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Nov 7, 2018 at 6:24 am
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:54 am

Here's what I've concluded so far regarding the platinum breakfast benefit at the luxury brands:

FAIRMONT = free breakfast (in asia pacific only), but NO lounge access anywhere
RAFFLES = free breakfast (in asia pacific only), but NO lounge access anywhere
SWISSOTEL = free breakfast IN THE LOUNGE ONLY (However louge access is granted worldwide, not just in asia pacific)

Feel free to amend or correct if I'm wrong or missed something.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 7, 2018 at 7:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.