Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Richard Quest CNN and Sebastien Bazin "Can anything upset Accor's CEO?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:41 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

From a couple of days ago:

1. Funny how Richard has finally met his match - he was speechless a number of times.
2. Dear Sebastien, if your Customer Service continues to be as horrible as it is, AccorHotels.com remains as bad a platform as Airbnb.com without any customer engagement!
"The one big difference: They never talk to their customers". - NEITHER DO YOU!!!!
"I see you when you come to my hotel" - and YET you make loyal members feel like second class when they are told that there are no rooms for upgrade, when customers need to beg and reason.
"So I have a warm interaction with you..." - WHAT?! WHEN?!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
An interesting interview. If the numbers about tourists to US is true then Accor out of all the majors is the best placed at the moment.

And I wish the welcoming attitude on display was all the way down to the front desk. Again little things do not cost much but makes a world of difference for us members.. I cannot see the issue if the cost to the bottom line is very minimal. Is it that hotels think you only stay at their hotel when its the most convenient? I certainly go out of my way by quite a few kms to make sure its an Accor hotel.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:01 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
"The one big difference: They never talk to their customers". - NEITHER DO YOU!!!!
To be fair on that one, I did talk to Bazin once, at length. The issue is not the talking, it is listening and acting upon what you hear. I recall telling him his aversion to executive lounges in Europe was wrong. He did not buy it.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Did Bazin say why executive lounges in Europe not suitable?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: Hilton
Quest is pure ham. Straight off the bone.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:11 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Did Bazin say why executive lounges in Europe not suitable?
Claimed guests were not expecting them in Europe, too expensive and thus not needed.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:28 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Claimed guests were not expecting them in Europe, too expensive and thus not needed.
Of course. His 120million Chinese on package tours probably don't need a lounge.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Then i would have asked.. do other chains have lounges in Europe? Still not having a lounge will be mostly solved if they just offered free breakfasts to plats.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:48 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Then i would have asked.. do other chains have lounges in Europe? Still not having a lounge will be mostly solved if they just offered free breakfasts to plats.
Lots of other chains have lounges in Europe. Free breakfast is already a perk of elite members at many other chains, so offering it does not solve anything lounge-wise.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I have been into an hotel lounge in the following places in Europe: Frankfurt, London, Budapest, Athens, Tallinn, Dresden,Helsinki. None of this with Accor.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Well to be honest I have also used 2 of the 3 lounges in the accor network in London. Both are fine but nothing amazing but definately appreiciated. Berlin has a hotel with a lounge plus some more eastern european countries also have. But I am thinking more about Paris, France in general, lowland countries like Nerthlands, Italy and Spain.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:48 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I can not search for all chains but for Hilton:

France: Lounges in Hilton Opera, Hilton CDG (and I am in Hilton La Defense in two weeks so will check), Hilton Strasbourg.
Netherlands. Lounges in DT Amsterdam Station, Hilton Amsterdam, Hilton Rotterdam, Hilton Schiphol, Hilton Den Haag
Italy: Lounges in Hilton Milan, Hilton Rome Airport, Hilton Florence
Spain: Lounges in Hilton Barcelona
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Well then I Would be asking are these hotels more exspensive than accors hotels and if not why are french Accor hotels Just as exspensive as say hiltons but they can Have a lounge at the Same price. While it is a friendly chat need to catch these CEOs out so you get the real story not the bs excuse made from the sound of it. A lounge in say a Paris 5 star hotel would not need more than say 20/30 seating and compact but good quality spread of drinks and bites.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Anyway I know what I am getting in places like Paris so the mercure or Pullman is good enough for me. Seemed to me sofitels You pay a lot more for not much more. Amsterdam Sofitel is a bit cheaper than Paris and yet seemed better from the reviews.

Last edited by tris06; Mar 7, 2018 at 5:10 pm Reason: Mid night posting.. errors
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Anyway I know what I am getting in places like Paris so the mercure or Pullman is good enough for me. Seemed to me sofitels You pay a lot more for not much more. Amsterdam Sofitel Sofitel other hasofitela bit cheaper than Paris and yet seemed better from the reviews.
Nobody is arguing that lounges should be added to Four Points by Sheraton, Hilton Garden Inn, or Hyatt Place. So Mercure and Pullman are fine as is, and if you are happy there, then great. Just like there are people who are fine with 4P, HGI, and HP.

However, many Sheratons, Hiltons, and Hyatt Regencys have a lounge so the question is why Accor is not offering a choice with a lounge to its customers while competitors do.

If the CEO thinks lounges are expensive, then just charge more for club rooms. Or is it because he thinks he won't be able to sell those rooms at the higher price? Or is it because he does not like to give the lounge for free to Platinum customers, which is why it's "expensive"?

I would guess several Platinum customers who care about a lounge are sometimes going somewhere other than Accor because it's a negative point they consider in the overall equation when choosing a hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.