FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Richard Quest CNN and Sebastien Bazin "Can anything upset Accor's CEO?"
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:57 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by tris06
Anyway I know what I am getting in places like Paris so the mercure or Pullman is good enough for me. Seemed to me sofitels You pay a lot more for not much more. Amsterdam Sofitel Sofitel other hasofitela bit cheaper than Paris and yet seemed better from the reviews.
Nobody is arguing that lounges should be added to Four Points by Sheraton, Hilton Garden Inn, or Hyatt Place. So Mercure and Pullman are fine as is, and if you are happy there, then great. Just like there are people who are fine with 4P, HGI, and HP.

However, many Sheratons, Hiltons, and Hyatt Regencys have a lounge so the question is why Accor is not offering a choice with a lounge to its customers while competitors do.

If the CEO thinks lounges are expensive, then just charge more for club rooms. Or is it because he thinks he won't be able to sell those rooms at the higher price? Or is it because he does not like to give the lounge for free to Platinum customers, which is why it's "expensive"?

I would guess several Platinum customers who care about a lounge are sometimes going somewhere other than Accor because it's a negative point they consider in the overall equation when choosing a hotel.