Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL

I’m going to book a suite at the “Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa” for an upcoming family holiday. I am undecided between the Prestige Suite (with Club Millesime access) or the Beach Suite. They are both similar prices, but from what I can tell the latter does not provide Club Millesime access. I’ve done quite a bit of online research but cannot determine if the Beach Suite has any additional benefits over the Prestige Suite.

The Prestige Suite seems to be the obvious choice, but I wanted to check with the forum before committing to the booking in case I am missing something here…does anyone have any insights they can share please?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Or, you could contact the hotel directly for a concrete answer
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Pictures of Sofitel Dubai The Palm

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

The Palm Jumeirah East Crescent Road Dubai, AE 55558

Pictures of Sofitel Dubai The Palm (19 Photos)

This is not a real review, as I haven't stayed there. But I had lunch in this property, while being in Dubai and so I took some pictures of lobby, pool and beach area, as I thought it could interest you. It seems to be a very decent property. Enjoy !

IMG_8028.JPG

Note : unfortunately, this was not my (rental) car ;-)

Main lobby:

IMG_8010.JPGIMG_8011.JPGIMG_8012.JPGIMG_8013.JPG

Pool & bar area:

IMG_8014.JPGIMG_8015.JPGIMG_8016.JPGIMG_8017.JPG1_IMG_8018.JPGIMG_8019.JPGIMG_8020.JPGIMG_8021.JPGIMG_8022.JPG

Beach:

IMG_8023.JPGIMG_8024.JPGIMG_8025.JPG

Seafood restaurant:

IMG_8026.JPGIMG_8027.JPG

Pictures of Sofitel Dubai The Palm

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Dubai The Palm Resort & Spa?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
@Goldorak - many thanks for posting the pictures

Having just returned home, I can confirm that this is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel was fully booked while I was there, but the resort did not feel overly crowded. In the end, we were upgraded to a Beach Suite at reception due to my status. The room was fantastic, with more than enough space for all 4 of us. The kids (11 and 9) were very comfortable on the sofa bed. There was also a very large balcony which covered two sides of the suite. With ample activities for the kids to enjoy, and numerous restaurant selections to choose from, there was always something new to try each day

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone looking for a relaxing resort experience on the palm. However, be warned that if you are looking to venture off the palm then you should be prepared to contend with some fairly heavy traffic
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Sproutweasel
@Goldorak - many thanks for posting the pictures

Having just returned home, I can confirm that this is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel was fully booked while I was there, but the resort did not feel overly crowded. In the end, we were upgraded to a Beach Suite at reception due to my status. The room was fantastic, with more than enough space for all 4 of us. The kids (11 and 9) were very comfortable on the sofa bed. There was also a very large balcony which covered two sides of the suite. With ample activities for the kids to enjoy, and numerous restaurant selections to choose from, there was always something new to try each day

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone looking for a relaxing resort experience on the palm. However, be warned that if you are looking to venture off the palm then you should be prepared to contend with some fairly heavy traffic
Excellent ! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Good to see… and I stumble across Goldorak everywhere so it seems…
I will be there with my son in March…. Looks good.
Any other reviews? Or tips / tricks?
Goldorak and remymartin like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: FB Ultimate and PFL & ALL Accor Diamond
Great stay and great hotel with good location. Friendly staff.
Beaches are nice, junior suite is great, pool is good and the premier lounge is a real added value!
Super clean.

Would go there again, no doubts.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 1:24 pm

Anyone stayed here recently? How are the standards? I know it is one of the older hotels on the palm.

Also thinking whether to book the suite or chance they upgrade me as a plus platinum?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by Karloritus
Anyone stayed here recently? How are the standards? I know it is one of the older hotels on the palm.

Also thinking whether to book the suite or chance they upgrade me as a plus platinum?
stayed there a month ago

as diamond i got an upgrade from entry level room to junior suite. I think junior suite is probably the highest you can expect for a free upgrade during the busy season

rooms are tired, but hotel is in good condition overall and service was OK. Main pool was way too crowded but you have a few smaller pools scathered around the complex which were less busy

i would say its a decent hotel and its usually priced fairly - so you will pay quite less than Waldorf, Anantara, Taj etc
Karloritus likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by CanaryWharf
stayed there a month ago

as diamond i got an upgrade from entry level room to junior suite. I think junior suite is probably the highest you can expect for a free upgrade during the busy season

rooms are tired, but hotel is in good condition overall and service was OK. Main pool was way too crowded but you have a few smaller pools scathered around the complex which were less busy

i would say its a decent hotel and its usually priced fairly - so you will pay quite less than Waldorf, Anantara, Taj etc
Thanks for the review! That's a shame I did think it would be a bit tired considering the age of the hotel but hope they would renew.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:41 am

Stayed here for a very frustrating one night over the weekend, having booked one of the renovated Siganture Palm suites, which was being sold as some kind of an "elevated experience". Well, the check-in process which took 45 minutes and involved going to three different check-in receptions certainly did not feel very elevated (and the rest of the stay never got any better).

Room was nicely renovated, but I will not return for the foreseeable future due to the awful service. It was very unusual to experience the kind of service in Dubai where the staff ignore you, treat you like an inconvenience and are just so miserable - seems to be a pervasive thing presumably flowing down from the management.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.