Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
another bug in the Accor All App is that if you would like to move your Platinum card into Apple Wallet, an error message pops up....it works well with so many other member cards and it makes really things easy to keep all those in the Apple Wallet

anybody found a work around for this?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:08 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
On the booking search page, the drop-down list of currencies seems to be in a random order (not alphabetical) and only the three-letter currency abbreviations are shown, not the currency names or the state(s)/regions in which they are used. So it takes an age to find and select the currency one wants to use.

The default (guessing which currency I want based on my country of residence or the IP address I'm browsing from) is annoying. Am I alone in (usually) wanting to see and compare prices in the hotels' 'home' currency?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by IMH
On the booking search page, the drop-down list of currencies seems to be in a random order (not alphabetical) and only the three-letter currency abbreviations are shown, not the currency names or the state(s)/regions in which they are used. So it takes an age to find and select the currency … Am I alone in (usually) wanting to see and compare prices in the hotels' 'home' currency?
Absolutely agree 100%. Prices should always be initially displayed in the actual charging currency of the property, so consumers are fully aware of the price AND currency that will be charged by the property.

If I want, for information purposes only, to display it in any other currency using a random FX rate whose basis isn’t disclosed, that may be useful, but finding the currency in the list of seemingly random order acronyms is tricky.
IMH likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:43 am
IMH

Originally Posted by rjn21
finding the currency in the list of seemingly random order acronyms is tricky.
It is -- and I'm pretty sure that it's only been like that for a while, which is why I posted here. The system has always tried to decide which currency I want displayed, but until recently it allowed me to correct that easily. (IIRC the list was much shorter -- maybe the local currency and a handful of major world currencies? -- and was laid out more sensibly.)

EDITED TO ADD: Once the drop-down list is showing, repeatedly typing the first letter of the desired currency code will cycle you through the currencies beginning with that letter, e.g. a few presses of the "M" key will eventually bring you to MYR.

Last edited by IMH; Jul 4, 2022 at 2:45 am Reason: Additional information
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:42 am
IMH

I just did a search for London hotels and was surprised to see Calais and Boulogne Sur Mer at the top of the list when sorting by price. The map shows the area Accor's default settings consider "nearby":

SkyteamEP and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IMH
I just did a search for London hotels and was surprised to see Calais and Boulogne Sur Mer at the top of the list when sorting by price. The map shows the area Accor's default settings consider "nearby":

Is England trying to invade France ?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:28 pm

Anyone mentioned the misleading exchange rate? For example, these days USD to CHF is about 1.02. However the Accor assures me US$216.33 i.e. CHF221.00
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:02 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Anyone mentioned the misleading exchange rate? For example, these days USD to CHF is about 1.02. However the Accor assures me US$216.33 i.e. CHF221.00
Not misleading, just different rates, mid market vs reality
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
https://ibis.accor.com/promotions-of...kfast.en.shtml

Anyone been able to book this offer? When selecting room it says offer is advance rate. Should I just book and email hotel that they give me my free morning apple?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor
Originally Posted by emulator
https://ibis.accor.com/promotions-of...kfast.en.shtml

Anyone been able to book this offer? When selecting room it says offer is advance rate. Should I just book and email hotel that they give me my free morning apple?
It is only for this ................ Treat yourself to a generous and varied breakfast at our ibis, ibis Styles and ibis budget hotels
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:47 pm

Treat yourself to a generous and varied breakfast at our ibis, ibis Styles and ibis budget hotels. Why deprive yourself? It's included in the price!

*Prices start from, based on a one night stay in a standard double room for two guests. Supplementary services, breakfast and tourist/city tax are not included.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: Le Club Accor
If you're membership...
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:18 pm

Constitantly error message happened while using iOS app in the last step before finishing reservation,
"Something's gone wrong
All the data has not been correctly transferred. Please try again later"
consider to book from website but the rate is +15% higher
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Calendar

I need your help. I forgot to download a calendar at the time of booking, how can I download it? I don't see any facilities to do this in my booking (I do know I can do that in the app, but I don't sync mobile and desktop calendars). Does anyone know how to?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I cannot find the contact form anywhere, searched the entire "Support" area... Where is it?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.