Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Looking for a hotel in Paris for a stay in July and the Mercury Paris Notre Dame is offering a Valentine’s Day special of a free half bottle of champagne for stays between February 12 and 14.
Valentine's in July - a new tradition to rival Christmas in July
fifty_two and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
quick questions , as i dont want to create a thread for such small topic .
  • anyone got in touch with customer service recently by submitting requests from website ?
  • did someone received his/her physical cards recently by mail
If yes then when ? cause i have issues with both
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two
did someone received his/her physical cards recently by mail
I never received my 2020 Diamond physical card (while they were apparently sent) and nothing in 2021 as well. Not having a physical card to present at checkin is really a problem IMO, when you have a status, because it's a way to remind the hotel staff that you are entitled to some benefits (in case they are blind and don't see the info on their screen and we know that blindness is a disease affecting many hotel employees, particularly in France )
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I mean, I just checked in at the Fairmont Whistler, they were obviously not blind as "I see your Gold status", but I still had to remind them that I'm entitled to a drink voucher (which was pre-printed with my name on it as it turns out...)
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I never received my 2020 Diamond physical card (while they were apparently sent) and nothing in 2021 as well.
ok thanks , i only wanted to have something nice and updated in my physicall wallet , nothing more , as i really like the new designs of the cards compared to LCAH

one more question , are the status periods still based on calendar year or dynamic like AFKL FB , iam close to next threshold but i wanted to keep my status validity in the same month

Originally Posted by Goldorak
because it's a way to remind the hotel staff that you are entitled to some benefits (in case they are blind and don't see the info on their screen and we know that blindness is a disease affecting many hotel employees, particularly in France )
True, but in most cases , just a simple question about the benefits they forgot is enough to remind them to check

Last edited by fifty_two; Jun 30, 2021 at 5:11 am
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two
ok thanks , i only wanted to have something updated in my physicall wallet , nothing more

one more question , are the status periods still based on calendar year or dynamic like AFKL FB , iam close to next threshold but i wanted to keep my status validity in the same month
The status periods are still based on nights/points earned in a calendar year.
It's not dynamic like FlyingBlue or BA Executive Club.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is what you see when looking at room rate conditions for Sofitel Dubai downtown

which can be translated into "Since 31/03/2014, Dubai hotels charge a stay tax (Tourism Dirham) per room per night, for reservations made before 1 January 2018". We are in mid-2021, it should be time to update

And the next one is a very good one :

We are happy to learn that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is leveraging taxes on hotel stays in the UAE
starflyergold likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:59 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Accor lost me as a customer in 2020.

Do not miss to wonder weather I have to ask to get the drink voucher(s) or not…..
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
30 nights or 27 nights ???

Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am trying to cancel the automatic conversion of my points to Iberia.

The website button for 'Disable automatic conversion' does not work, irrespective of browser or device.

An email to Accor brought a reply that, for security reasons, they cannot disable it for me. They did helpfully send me instructions on how to do it myself .... which applied to the old website, not the new one.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:38 pm

Charge completed, money gone, hotel not seeing it

Hi,
i was making a booking for a prepaid stay on their website. The transaction and the 3DSecure auth went through, then the website displayed an error saying that the booking hasn't been completed and try again.
I called the ALL CS and they saw the booking but with payment refused and told me to contact the hotel directly. They still claim they don't see the money but this morning it's appearing as a final charge.

What are my options? Should I initiate a chargeback? Is it better to fight with CS or with the hotel when they are explicitly saying not seeing the money.
Not saying if it helps but I'm a gold member, do I have any preferred options?

Thanks
BinSabai likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mollaka
What are my options? Should I initiate a chargeback? Is it better to fight with CS or with the hotel when they are explicitly saying not seeing the money.
Not saying if it helps but I'm a gold member, do I have any preferred options?

Thanks
Its possible there was an issue in the middle with payment provider , during the transaction your bank didnt received the last part of the conversation who said "payment failed", so most probably the charge will be released after few days , if accor doesnt come and take it

This shows how wonderful the 3ds and card transactions are build , always assuming best case scenario and never think about the 0,001% failure (which seems like nothing but when you know how many online transactions are done every day , it just gives you an idea)

i would suggest not to wait and get back to the CS , in order to get written confirmation that payment failed , as accor is the "middle man" who got your money , not the hotel

Afterwards , initiate a charge back and attach the mails to your bank's claim
nrouxel likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 21, 2021 at 10:24 am
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Andorra has now adopted the one drink per member rule, as in France.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Yesterday, my wife booked three nights at an ACCOR hotel in Dubai. All went well. Then she tried to book a different night in the same city and her credit card was rejected by the Accor site. I called Visa and they said it was nothing to do with Visa red flagging the card. It was Accor saying the billing address was not correct...even though it is the same billing address used for 20 years! Tried again today, and still the same problem. ... Accor?????
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So I cancelled a prepaid rate far 3rd December at one of the ibis Budgets in Zurich. On the reservation it states in English "no cancellation charge applies prior to 18:00 up to 3 days prior to arrival". So that seems good. But lower down is says in German that prepaid rates cannot be refunded. Presumably the English text will override the German, the latter of which is part of the series of "information" texts at the bottom of the reservation.

No sign of the refund yet. Anybody any experience with this? TBH I found my first stay in an ibis Budget so truly horrible that I do not want to stay at that brand again. It's awful.
fifty_two likes this.

Last edited by Concerto; Nov 8, 2021 at 9:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.