Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by maple
Is this what I should be getting used to? [ ... ]

(1) No email confirmation for a reservation canceled online
(2) Reservations do not all show up on the profile or the app
(3) A reservation was paid and email received but online status shows "will be confirmed as soon as credit card company confirms payment" etc even though the charge has shown up (not pre-auth) on my statement... really not looking forward to arguing at check-in
(4) When logged in as Accor+ member, some lowest promo rates disappear and reappear when logged out... ie. you actually get some lower rates when *not* logged in as a member
Yes, these are all perfectly normal. Accor's IT now is about as reliable as Hilton 25 years ago. A few weeks ago, I'd have been surprised by #2 , but I've recently had that issue too. I have a reservation for Jan, two in Feb and one in Mar. The two in Feb don't appear on my upcoming stays list.

"Less than ideal" sums Accor up nicely.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
While all that is less than ideal, I tend to remind myself that what I need is a hotel chain where I get a good night's sleep weather in Frankfurt or Balikpapan.
It also matters to me that my benefits get applied properly. And if they don't, I call for the GM. Problem solved.

And that, I generally get.

That I can't load all reservations in my app, in 2019, is stupid. But I rather get my bed and good nights sleep.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
That I can't load all reservations in my app, in 2019, is stupid. But I rather get my bed and good nights sleep.
Quite understandable. If I can get a nice Novotel or Mercure for half the price of a Hilton and in a better location, I'll put up with Accor's incompetence. But they really should wake up to how much more business they could do if doing business with them was not such a nightmare and something some of us do under sufferance.

I just made another booking a few days ago for which the particular hotel didn't accept my stored credit card (Amex), so I had to use Visa. Apparently, this is being processed by the particular hotel. It was rejected by my bank, because this dodgy-looking processing from a foreign country triggered the bank's fraud-detection system. Received email from the bank, clicked on the button to indicate that, yes, I had tried to make that transaction. Then I was able to go back and make the booking all over again, enter all the details again. Easy. Just takes 20 times as long as booking with anyone else.
gilbertaue and hotel_user like this.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
So annoying that the website apparently does not give the Member rate when booking two rooms at once, despite the terms saying it is valid on a maximum of two rooms. Luckily I had booked a flexible rate so could cancel and rebook, saving some bucks...
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Since the launch of new ALL website, the list of executive lounges is buggy and wrong. And, while some bugs have been fixed, there are still many mistakes on this list. Among the problems I noticed :
- For Germany, Munich is the only city available in the scroll down list while there are lounges in other cities in Germany.
- In Istanbul, the recently (Nov 2019) open Sofitel is not listed while it has a lounge.

And there are probably others.

AccorHotels Concierge : would you mind forwarding this info to the relevant persons because this is an important list that members consult frequently so it needs to be accurate ? Thank you.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:34 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Indeed. Sofitel Berlin Ku'damm has been deleted from the list. I saw it was there earlier. And Novotel London Canary Wharf shouldn't be on the list since the hotel doesn't have an executive lounge any longer.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:23 am

Is there a way to find the calendar with the different rates for a hotel, as this was available with the previous website?
hotel_user likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Geert999
Is there a way to find the calendar with the different rates for a hotel, as this was available with the previous website?
using the new interface,
1) search a place,
2) at result page, simply click 1 hotel
3) then at the top panel there, click "hotel List", it will bring you back to old interface where you can see the rate calendar option
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
using the new interface,
1) search a place,
2) at result page, simply click 1 hotel
3) then at the top panel there, click "hotel List", it will bring you back to old interface where you can see the rate calendar option
Is this possible with iOS (iPhone) and OSX (Apple computer using Web Account) ?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Is this possible with iOS (iPhone) and OSX (Apple computer using Web Account) ?

sorry i just retry this method, not working anymore.

if you are accorplus member, can use accorplus.com to do hotel search, that still running old interface that can show rate calendar
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thumbs down inconsistencies...

At the time I started my recent stay at Novotel NY, I received an email from the hotel about a special offer : up to -25% on your next stay

There is no mention of a booking and stay period. As I will return to NY later this year, I looked at what it is. When you click on the link, you arrive to this page : it says that the offer is bookable and for stays until 31/12/2020. There is no mention of a minimum number of nights.

Then you click on "réservez" (book) and you arrive on this page which says that the offer is bookable until 31/03 and for stays until 30/04...
And even if you want to book, you cannot book less than 4 nights and this minimum is not a rule mentioned somewhere.

starflyergold and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Member's rate

This has already been reported for months (see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30916897-post547.html) but still the same issue when trying to book two (or more) rooms.
According to the sales condition I could find on Accorhotels.com : « Maximum 2 rooms at the Members’ Rate can be book per member, per staying date ».
But everytime I tried to book two rooms, I can’t see member’s rate. If I book one room and then another booking for one room I can access member's rate (which can be 10% cheaper).
And if you make two bookings (to get member's rate) during a point promotion, you are sure to have to argue with Accor CS to get the bonus points for the two bookings.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Sometimes, member rate can be more expensive than public rate...

Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by nrouxel

I could not replicate the above.
The best I could do is shown below.
Sometimes the "public" rate does not include taxes etc - that are then added on booking payment, where as the member rate does.
It is a sharp practice to exclude taxes on a public rate when people are comparing hotels and rates.

Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Paying with points oddities on All app and website

It seems that Bali could open to Indonesian domestic tourism by August and I would like finally having a long weekend beach holiday with family. I have a bunch of points to spend and was evaluating different options, I met some strange issues when trying to pay with points, not sure they are due to some obscure unofficial policies or just a bug.

I tried with Banyan Tree, Amanterra Villas and Movenpick Jimbaran; policy clearly state that can be used 2000 points and multiples up to maximum one million points per booking, in the past ever worked this way. Now when I go to the payment page, the option start from 6000 and multiples for all the hotels I tried above, this definitely leave less flexibility deciding how much balance to pay cash or point.
With Banyan there is a maximum amount to be used of 68,000 points even the official policy state otherwise, I would like to use more points (76,000) to cover the whole bill. Anyone ever faced similar issues?

Last edited by BobFF68; Jun 19, 2020 at 4:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.