Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Help: appalling website and customer service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade

Hi,

I'm a platinum le club member and stay with accor over 80 nights a year. I recently attempted to book the MGallery in Prague. If you remember, the accor site was having lots of issues with failed bookings recently.

I booked but didn't received a final booking confirmation. this has happened to me tens of times of late, including an incident when i had to cancel a trip as accor had cancelled my room! So of course I rebooked. I now realise that they booked me in twice.

I've reached out on twitter and this is the response I've had from "customer service". it is a a copy paste reply. there is no situation preventing me from staying on those dates, I still have another reservation for those dates!

Our customer service already informed you that this reservation was made under a promotional rate and is therefore subject to restrictive conditions.
These conditions do not allow for any form of cancellation, modification or refund.

We sincerely regret the situation which has prevented you from maintaining your reservation. However, in spite of this complication, you are engaged in a commitment of accepting that no refund is possible whatever the unforeseen difficulties which may arise.
This explains why we are unable to approach our hotels for a refund; having provided the exceptional opportunity to benefit from their best rate offer.
AccorHotels’s policy in offering it’s guests a best rate option with restrictive conditions, is identical to those in the international hotel business as well as other varieties of travel, such as airlines, cruises and railway companies.

We would like to take the opportunity to inform you that our hotels also offer a “daily” price with flexible conditions. This includes the security of being able to cancel or modify the reservation at no cost up to a specific time on the arrival day.

We thank you for your understanding and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you in one of our hotels in the near future.

thankfully amex are disputing this but is there anyone else I can reach out to? I'm getting sick of accor's terrible service.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Without doubting how many nights you stay, but wit so many nights you should know that if you want something cleared with a specific booking, at a specific hotel, just contact the hotel. The booking went to them, the payment went to them.

They know too that the Accor website is shoddy and general will help.

So my suggestion is to contact the hotel directly.

Originally Posted by sarahluv
Hi,

I'm a platinum le club member and stay with accor over 80 nights a year. I recently attempted to book the MGallery in Prague. If you remember, the accor site was having lots of issues with failed bookings recently.

I booked but didn't received a final booking confirmation. this has happened to me tens of times of late, including an incident when i had to cancel a trip as accor had cancelled my room! So of course I rebooked. I now realise that they booked me in twice.

I've reached out on twitter and this is the response I've had from "customer service". it is a a copy paste reply. there is no situation preventing me from staying on those dates, I still have another reservation for those dates!

Our customer service already informed you that this reservation was made under a promotional rate and is therefore subject to restrictive conditions.
These conditions do not allow for any form of cancellation, modification or refund.

thankfully amex are disputing this but is there anyone else I can reach out to? I'm getting sick of accor's terrible service.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Without doubting how many nights you stay, but wit so many nights you should know that if you want something cleared with a specific booking, at a specific hotel, just contact the hotel. The booking went to them, the payment went to them.

They know too that the Accor website is shoddy and general will help.

So my suggestion is to contact the hotel directly.
I appreciate that you are being helpful and trying to offer a solution, but this seems more complicated than just contacting a local hotel. In some countries, attempting to deal with the local hotel can be a waste of time. In my experience, the BKK Novotel illustrates my point.

This then gets to the central issue: Accor advertises itself as the one stop service point for its esteemed and valued customers. Some of us know that Accor is but a branding tool in some countries and that the majority owners in those countries do as they please. As long as Accor makes money, it tolerates the behaviour. The reality for me is that Accor has a loose set of standards for its member locations when compared to Hilton and Marriott.

Accor should be able to assist a platinum club member. If it cannot, then really, it's just another part of Accor's insincerity. That for me is what is at the heart of the issue. The customer has a problem. The customer should not have to chase down an individual operator. If Accor wishes to hold itself out as a hospitality entity and promote itself as one entity, then it needs to respond to customer inquiries in that matter. The customer in this case is transacting with Accor the brand, not an individual operator. Either Accor operates hotels and the Platinum status has some value or Accor's advertising is misleading and its brand has no value.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:35 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I appreciate that you are being helpful and trying to offer a solution, but this seems more complicated than just contacting a local hotel. In some countries, attempting to deal with the local hotel can be a waste of time. In my experience, the BKK Novotel illustrates my point.

This then gets to the central issue: Accor advertises itself as the one stop service point for its esteemed and valued customers. Some of us know that Accor is but a branding tool in some countries and that the majority owners in those countries do as they please. As long as Accor makes money, it tolerates the behaviour. The reality for me is that Accor has a loose set of standards for its member locations when compared to Hilton and Marriott.

Accor should be able to assist a platinum club member. If it cannot, then really, it's just another part of Accor's insincerity. That for me is what is at the heart of the issue. The customer has a problem. The customer should not have to chase down an individual operator. If Accor wishes to hold itself out as a hospitality entity and promote itself as one entity, then it needs to respond to customer inquiries in that matter. The customer in this case is transacting with Accor the brand, not an individual operator. Either Accor operates hotels and the Platinum status has some value or Accor's advertising is misleading and its brand has no value.
I fully agree with you. And I know that Accor is aware of this but the change can't come quickly.
If you also factor in the FRHI properties they have now roped into their portfolio, with very loyal members who have full respect for the FRHI CS, Accor has their work cut out for them.

I have so far not had a single hotel not reply to my emails (and solve any issues I've had) and I only stay in Accor properties in my travels. Certainly there are some properties that may be black sheep.

Nevertheless, this is a possible solution to sarahluv's current issue - and probably the only hope there is for now.

This is the MGaller Old town's email add: [email protected]
This is the Gm's email add: [email protected]

Last edited by gilbertaue; Aug 4, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by sarahluv
Hi,

The Customer Relations department or the Reservations Department are USELESS and are as useful as limp spaghetti at this point.

CALL the hotel directly and speak to the DUTY MANAGER and explain your situation with them. That is the only way really to get things sorted.

I had a similar situation when I accidentally booked a stay for the wrong month. When I reached the reservations department, they went through the usual excuse ..."Special rate. No changes etc" Nope. They won't listen to logic because everyone there is just a robot repeating the process. I opted to call the property directly and spoke to the Front Office Manager to understood the problem and changed the booking dates. I only had to pay a $10 surcharge as the dates I wanted were not available at the rate I had originally booked.

I'm sick and tired of the level of competence Le Club Accor even shows. And this is the chain that just bought Fairmont and Raffles Group of hotels !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Aug 10, 2016 at 10:15 am
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The Customer Relations department or the Reservations Department are USELESS and are as useful as limp spaghetti at this point.

CALL the hotel directly and speak to the DUTY MANAGER and explain your situation with them. That is the only way really to get things sorted.

I had a similar situation when I accidentally booked a stay for the wrong month. When I reached the reservations department, they went through the usual excuse ..."Special rate. No changes etc" Nope. They won't listen to logic because everyone there is just a robot repeating the process. I opted to call the property directly and spoke to the Front Office Manager to understood the problem and changed the booking dates. I only had to pay a $10 surcharge as the dates I wanted were not available at the rate I had originally booked.

I'm sick and tired of the level of competence Le Club Accor even shows. And this is the chain that just bought Fairmont and Raffles Group of hotels !

thanks. i'm giving them one more day and then i'm doing this. i've only lost 2000 points as they were used as part payment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.