Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
Originally Posted by cowism
disappointing. Have u tried calling them?
sorry ... that was not me... just passing on info off the interwebs.

Have no idea of background or circumstances.

my ressie is oct 18th... you'll hear all about it... good or bad....
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry about that. Looking forward to your review. The hotel now doesn't seem to be bookable now
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:13 am

contacted them on hotel facebook page (just as a test), received reply below overnight

so have now sent email with reservation details direct to hotel, asking for clarification - i'm starting to get uncomfortable now

PS also sent email to accor plus asking for info, no reply.

Greetings from Sofitel Singapore City Centre!

We are pleased to inform that hotel will open its doors in October 2017. Dining reservations are accepted from 1 October 2017 onwards. Should you have any hotel or booking enquiries, please contact us at 6428 5000 or [email protected]. Alternatively, you may visit us at our website http://sofitel-singapore-citycentre.com.

We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Best Regards,

Last edited by ozmouse; Sep 7, 2017 at 12:21 am
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:01 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by ozmouse
contacted them on hotel facebook page (just as a test), received reply below overnight

so have now sent email with reservation details direct to hotel, asking for clarification - i'm starting to get uncomfortable now

PS also sent email to accor plus asking for info, no reply.

Greetings from Sofitel Singapore City Centre!

We are pleased to inform that hotel will open its doors in October 2017. Dining reservations are accepted from 1 October 2017 onwards. Should you have any hotel or booking enquiries, please contact us at 6428 5000 or [email protected]. Alternatively, you may visit us at our website http://sofitel-singapore-citycentre.com.

We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Best Regards,
That's werid, when I called their reservation department about 4 days ago, they said the are opening on the 18th Sept. Perhaps its soft opening on 18th and full opening in Oct.

But I will said without a doubt, this is one of the worst handling of opening of hotel in SG that I have personally encountered. Even the Mercure Bugis team had better knowledge when the hotel was opening when I contacted them last time.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:48 am

reply to my email my very prompt... but not reassuring imo...

Warm Greetings from Sofitel Singapore City Centre and thank you for your email.

In line with our commitment to provide all our guests the most memorable and magnifique Sofitel Singapore City Centre experience, kindly be advised that the official hotel opening has been rescheduled October 2017 due to further improvements in our facilities and products. The actual date will be advised once available.

All our F&B outlets, gym and pool facilities will be ready on opening, with the exception of Club Millisime.

In the event of a further delay, we will be contacting you with alternative arrangements, in order to minimize any disruptions to your travel plans.

Mr ****, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and we seek your kind understanding that as a new hotel, there are operational developments and unforeseen changes which are beyond our control.

Kindly contact us anytime should you require further assistance and we will be happy to assist you in the best way possible.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
In line with our commitment to provide all our guests the most memorable and magnifique Sofitel Singapore City Centre experience, kindly be advised that the official hotel opening has been rescheduled October 2017 due to further improvements in our facilities and products. The actual date will be advised once available.

All our F&B outlets, gym and pool facilities will be ready on opening, with the exception of Club Millisime.

In the event of a further delay, we will be contacting you with alternative arrangements, in order to minimize any disruptions to your travel plans.
Well that settles it for me. Have been holding off on a potential booking for mid October but with no real end in sight for the general uncertainty and now this comment about the club not being open from the start, I'm going elsewhere. Does seem to be a shambles!
ozmouse likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Cool Re: the "very uncouth and irresponsible .. hotel chain like Sofitel"

... or just complaint about handling reservation for this past weekend....

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...Singapore.html
Not sure what the TA member was expecting, but IMO the Sofitel already did the best they could by moving the guest to the other Sofitel in Sentosa.
Of course, it's not a pleasant experience & definitely not convenient to his plans for the F1 (if I read correctly).

He did not mention if the Sofitel offered him a full refund, and if they did then he is free to re-book at another hotel of his choice.

As we all know, opening dates are extremely fluid due to a variety of operational reasons. I've been told by hotel staff themselves that the owner of the hotel will push for an earlier opening date just so the revenue can start coming in, against the advice of the pre-opening team & the GM etc.

That's when the repeated delays begin.

Just look at Sofitel KL. I don't remember the original opening date (Mar. 2017?) but it was re-scheduled to open in May 2017, then Sep 1 & finally the official opening date was Aug 12.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
Not sure what the TA member was expecting, but IMO the Sofitel already did the best they could by moving the guest to the other Sofitel in Sentosa..
yes i agree. when originally posted, the sofitel response was not posted. we never know what the other side of the story is....

I just LOVE the bad reviews on tripadvisor... they are the best part. very amusing.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver, KF Gold
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Perhaps its soft opening on 18th and full opening in Oct.
While waiting for my elevator down to go to work I can overlook the hotel upper open floor facing my building each morning.

I can say that the pool side + garden decorations are ready. Pool is fully cleaned/filled/lit in the evening. They are putting the final furniture in the restaurant/breakfast areas and seemed to be practicing with waiters this morning.

Have only seen one room with light on this morning, clearly no guests in so far. Their brand new shiny luggage trolleys were getting prepared last week-end and the elevator floor lobby already has the distinctive Sofitel ambient smell (you can smell it through the closed doors :-P).

I booked a "LUXURY ROOM, 1 King Size Bed" under the "Asia Private Sale -Up to 40% off, Room only" and tentatively added a "Lunch Set Meal" package at S$38 for early November. I do hope the Millesime Lounge will be opened... Love the Melbourne one and will try the Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour one early December!

Julien
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:48 am

Thanks Julian... you are now the official reporter on the spot!!

Any tidbits you have will keep us entertained!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Thanks Julian... you are now the official reporter on the spot!!

Any tidbits you have will keep us entertained!
Have to admit its nice that Sofitel has the same ambient smell in all their hotels around the world. Gives a feeling of familiarity.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:07 am

Spoke to the sales and marketing director earlier and he mentioned that the delay was due to licensing issue. They are hoping to open the property as soon as possible too, so we'll see...
ozmouse likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: *G / Accor Platinum
Opening in late September and not October

Hello dear FlyerTalk members,

I read your forum quite a lot, and for once I have something to share so I decided to register :-)

It seems that the hotel will open in September. See below the email I just received. Everything may not be ready, but I get free Dinner for my entire stay, which is quite a nice perk as my room is booked for 2 people.

Dear Mr XXX

RE: Your confirmed booking for 24th – 30th September 2017 at Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Bonjour and Greetings from the Garden City of Singapore.

As part of our commitment to provide you, our valued guest the most memorable experiences, we would like to reach out to you prior to your arrival just to assure that your booking with us is confirmed and we look forward to seeing you soon.

We also would like to take this opportunity to update you of the latest developments in our hotel. As you are probably aware, Sofitel Singapore City Centre is a brand new hotel and you will be amongst the very first to have a sneak preview of our hotel which also happens to be the 800th ACCOR hotel in Asia Pacific. We seek your understanding in advance that there are areas in the hotel which are still in progressive development stage and some of the hotel’s facilities might not be available during your stay with us.

In addition to your Platinum benefits which includes breakfast and Apero Chic (Evening Cocktail and Hors d'oeuvres from 17:30 – 19:30), as a simple token of goodwill and to enhance your experience with us it would be our pleasure to provide you complimentary dinner throughout the duration of your stay.
Mr XXX, should these arrangements fall below your expectations and wishes to move to another hotel, kindly let us know and we will assist accordingly and will be happy to suggest alternative and equally premium accommodation options.

Thank you once again for choosing us and your loyalty to Accor Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you here at Sofitel Singapore City Centre.

Yours sincerely
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver, KF Gold
This morning view:

And corporate marketing updates (Facebook):

Julien
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Kairngorm
Hello dear FlyerTalk members,

I read your forum quite a lot, and for once I have something to share so I decided to register :-)

It seems that the hotel will open in September. See below the email I just received. Everything may not be ready, but I get free Dinner for my entire stay, which is quite a nice perk as my room is booked for 2 people.
welcome to the boards and thanks for your input. Great news to hear from them!

From my impression it would appear with the exception of the club, they are moving directly into soft opening mode. While they are offering you free dining, my email stated dining reservations were being accepted oct 1st .... you might be the guinea pigs!!

I experienced similar with another new property and the food just kept coming and coming.... but it certainly was kitchen and service staff training time.

I am assuming you are accepting the terms? (PS.... No club at Sentosa and So)

Will be interested in situation middle of October when I have booked club room with gold status.

Last edited by ozmouse; Sep 14, 2017 at 1:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.