Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Glitch. Email the hotel
Old Dec 16, 2017, 6:38 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I go the other way here.. I stay far away from the other two Sofitels. Too many misses there to consider them again.
I donít consider any of the Sofitelís a viable option in Singapore when it comes to value or substance.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by markis10

I donít consider any of the Sofitelís a viable option in Singapore when it comes to value or substance.
how so? I find the city center property a pretty gd one
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by cowism
how so? I find the city center property a pretty gd one
All of them offer poor value compared to other chains, I am lucky enough to carry status in SPG, IHG and Hyatt since I do 365 nights a year in hotels and find they have better upscale offerings, while I do like the Novotel at Clarke quay if I was to settle on Accor only. The much hyped Mercure Bugis would be my least favourite hotel in the Accor offerings.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:42 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

All of them offer poor value compared to other chains, I am lucky enough to carry status in SPG, IHG and Hyatt since I do 365 nights a year in hotels and find they have better upscale offerings, while I do like the Novotel at Clarke quay if I was to settle on Accor only. The much hyped Mercure Bugis would be my least favourite hotel in the Accor offerings.
Have you stayed at the new Sofitel?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum

Interesting preference. I stayed at the Mercure Bugis three times over the past year and really like it and the neighbourhood it is located in. Had also stayed at the Novotel Clarke Quay last December and did not care for it. I felt it was long past due for a refurbishment, It was very busy and the club floor was a zoo. I have also stayed at the Fairmont Singapore a couple times and liked the rooms and neighbourhood, however I was not taken by the pool deck. On a happier note, I am staying in the Sofitel City Centre later this week and am really looking forward to it
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

How do you determine good value? 🤔

I paid SGD300 a night at the Sofitel for welcome drinks, lounge access that served champagne, access to virgin active, very nice cheesecake for welcome amenity, breakfast for 2, free mini bar, nespresso capsules to name the benefits

i just returned from Novotel SG Stevens. At 140 a night, i got welcome amenity, free mini bar that came with alcohol, 2 x welcome drinks which i redeemed for a 1.5L evian and Tiger beer, lounge access with a 2 hr happy hours, breakfast, early check in at 11.30am and late check out at 4pm which they insisted if i require a late checkout, i can request.

I'm not sure how you define value. For me, it's definitely good value.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by cowism
How do you determine good value? 🤔

I paid SGD300 a night at the Sofitel for welcome drinks, lounge access that served champagne, access to virgin active, very nice cheesecake for welcome amenity, breakfast for 2, free mini bar, nespresso capsules to name the benefits

i just returned from Novotel SG Stevens. At 140 a night, i got welcome amenity, free mini bar that came with alcohol, 2 x welcome drinks which i redeemed for a 1.5L evian and Tiger beer, lounge access with a 2 hr happy hours, breakfast, early check in at 11.30am and late check out at 4pm which they insisted if i require a late checkout, i can request.

I'm not sure how you define value. For me, it's definitely good value.
As per your example, the Novotel has the value vs the Sofitel, keeping in mind I was commenting on the Sofitelís being poor value, not Accor options in general.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I got the following pre-arrival email from Sofitel Singapore City Centre but thereís was absolutely no mention of my Platinum status, which I feel is a missed opportunity for the hotel. But Iím used to lack of recognition, hence why Iíve already booked 30 nights so far with SPG next year and only 6 with Accor.

Here it is:

Bonjour Yorkboy24

Greetings from Sofitel Singapore City Centre!

We refer to your upcoming stay with us on 2
nd
December 2017.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your stay this time.

Do let us know if you have any preferences or special requests that you would like us to arrange before your arrival.

Kindly refer to the details below for information on how to reach our hotel:

Mode of Transport

Train

Guests arriving at the hotel by train (MRT) should take the green line and alight at Tanjong Pagar Station. Upon exit at the ticket gantry, please proceed to Exit A to arrive at the hotelís arrival lobby located at Peck Seah Street.

Private Vehicles / Taxi

Guests arriving at the hotel by taxi or private car should enter by the hotel driveway, situated near the entrance of Peck Seah Street.

Limousine Service

Airport Transfers can be arranged from SGD150++ per way. A surcharge of SGD15 is applicable for bookings between 10pm and 7am. Advance bookings are encouraged.

We look forward to your respond regarding your arrival time.

Thanks and Kind Regardsí
Reservations
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Virgin Velocity, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
Has any Gold member managed to get an upgrade from the hotel ?
I am stopping in Singapore for a few days in mid June, 2018, before continuing to Europe, and i am thinking of staying here

Last edited by desafinado74; Dec 19, 2017 at 8:29 am
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Currently at the hotel. So far, it has been a treat. Fabulous staff. However, I find it strange that for afternoon tea in the club lounge, the sandwiches are filled with processed ‘American’ cheese. ��
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:01 am

Defective bed at Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Just had a stay at the new Sofitel Singapore City Centre and had a nightmare of a stay. First I had to move rooms after being assigned a room with an interconnecting door with 2 young children in the next room making a lot of noise. Then in the other room I was assigned, after getting into bed past midnight, I felt something sharp against my body when I moved. Then I found quite a few feather tips coming through the bottom bed sheet. They were sharp like fish bones. The night duty manager came to the room and offered another room but it was already 1 am on a 1 night stay so I asked them to cover the bed with a duvet so I could lie on the duvet to sleep.

It is really not what I expected for a Sofitel and the price paid. At 2.5 times the price of the Mercure Bugis, I should have stayed there for another night.

They are offering 10% off the rate I paid, dinner for 2 next time OR a Prestige Suite upgrade next time. I donít care about the suite (as Plat only upgraded one level) and i have Accor Plus so dinner not worth much. Do you think points are a better compensation?

Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

i checked out yesterday. Had a pretty ok stay with some hits and misses. I'll email the guest experience manager about it and share with him about your experience too.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:02 am

Iím already in contact with the Guest Experience Manager but thanks for that. I donít really think the 10% off the room rate is sufficient for the troubles I encountered so Iím not sure what to do....
I had other issues too, particularly with the swimming pool experience but Iíll try to post more details later. I actually agreed to email the Guest Experience Manager all the minor concerns too.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Iím already in contact with the Guest Experience Manager but thanks for that. I donít really think the 10% off the room rate is sufficient for the troubles I encountered so Iím not sure what to do....
I had other issues too, particularly with the swimming pool experience but Iíll try to post more details later. I actually agreed to email the Guest Experience Manager all the minor concerns too.
My suggestion would be to tell the hotel what you think is fair and for them to take it internally to discuss.
A betterment offer for the future is tied to the next stay and not reflective of what happened during this stay.

As a second step if they decline, convert what you deem as an adequate amount into points. And come back with a points proposal.

​​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.