Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Singapore City Centre

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Anyone know if Singapore has a sale for dates over Christmas/New Year? Keen to try this out but rates are not cheap (although cheaper than other Sofitels in Singapore)
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:18 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
I just contacted the hotel and Reservations department has informed me that the Hotel's Soft Opening is on 18 Sept. I asked if facilities (Including Club Lounge) will all be opened immediately upon soft Opening and they said yes. (Unlike the Sister hotel in KL)

So as of now, with hopes of no more delays, 18 Sept is the opening. I'll most probably give them 1-2 months before trying them out so they can iron out their services.

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Aug 14, 2017 at 8:29 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:24 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
The fact that the pool will be used by Virgin Active members next door, won't it mean super crowded pool?....
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
Sounds promising. We booked in Oct 16th, so hopefully most kinks worked out (including club!).

I have had experience with 1 soft opening, and it was more half the place was still under construction. Paid for 1 night in 3 if i remember. So came home with money in pocket and did not pay for food during stay (kitchen practise). Was not what i was expecting, but also could not complain.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Sofitel KL

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
I just contacted the hotel and Reservations department has informed me that the Hotel's Soft Opening is on 18 Sept. I asked if facilities (Including Club Lounge) will all be opened immediately upon soft Opening and they said yes. (Unlike the Sister hotel in KL)

So as of now, with hopes of no more delays, 18 Sept is the opening. I'll most probably give them 1-2 months before trying them out so they can iron out their services.
What's your source? I've been informed by the asst mgt. of rooms at the Sofitel KL that all facilities are open for hotel guests on the opening on 12 Aug.
I have a stay there this week, and will update accordingly.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaffir76
What's your source? I've been informed by the asst mgt. of rooms at the Sofitel KL that all facilities are open for hotel guests on the opening on 12 Aug.
A report in the hotels thread by an actual guest suggests otherwise

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28755364-post35.html
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:13 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaffir76
The source is reservation department. But now I just talked to my Accor Plus Contact. I would't believe anything the reservation department from Sofitel City Centre says. They literally lied in my face. I asked if the Complimentary nights has been released, they said yes, and all comp nights have been booked till Feb.

But when I called Accor Plus to confirm this, they said Comp Nights has not been released yet. So honestly, when the hotel opens, I am gonna go to the hotel and make a very big fuss about this. I ask the reservation agent 3 times if she is sure the Comp nights have been released, she said yes. But when I called Accor Plus, they said not released yet. So much for Platinum recognition and customer service
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The source is reservation department. But now I just talked to my Accor Plus Contact. I would't believe anything the reservation department from Sofitel City Centre says. They literally lied in my face. I asked if the Complimentary nights has been released, they said yes, and all comp nights have been booked till Feb.

But when I called Accor Plus to confirm this, they said Comp Nights has not been released yet. So honestly, when the hotel opens, I am gonna go to the hotel and make a very big fuss about this. I ask the reservation agent 3 times if she is sure the Comp nights have been released, she said yes. But when I called Accor Plus, they said not released yet. So much for Platinum recognition and customer service
Relax, have a kit kat.
I'm sure someone somewhere is telling them what to say.

I doubt with the hotel not being open yet that they would open the Accor+ bookings. Probably wait till the hotel is really open and then check.

But for your appeasement I have checked with my contact at Accor+ too and there is no information yet.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:04 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Sorry for the wrong information provided, I got word from the hotel that the Club Lounge might not open when the hotel opens. The lady said there was not official word regarding if the Lounge will open on the same day as the hotel.

So do take note should you be staying there within the first few days/weeks of opening.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Indeed true

Originally Posted by markis10
A report in the hotels thread by an actual guest suggests otherwise

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28755364-post35.html
I asked the friendly lounge staff D. & this was indeed true. The lounge opened about 2 weeks later (after the hotel's official opening on 12 Aug)

However he mentioned that all guests, who had lounge access, were given the benefits of breakfast, happy hour etc. in the hotel lobby cafe/restaurant. I did not ask about afternoon tea, but this was a good service recovery move for the hotel.

I'm not sure why I was told that all facilities would be ready on opening day
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:35 am

accor press release

accor press release (dated the 7th!) says opens october....

in other news... droid butlers?!?!

http://press.accorhotels.group/asia-...-asia-pacific/
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:04 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ozmouse
accor press release (dated the 7th!) says opens october....

in other news... droid butlers?!?!

http://press.accorhotels.group/asia-...-asia-pacific/
WOW, dated 7th Sept, released earlier. Accor IT at its best, hahaha And well, a step to the future perhaps, droids in Hotels, not the first in Singapore nonetheless. I understand M Social has them too
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:50 am

and the first bad review....

... or just complaint about handling reservation for this past weekend....

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...Singapore.html
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ozmouse
... or just complaint about handling reservation for this past weekend....

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...Singapore.html
disappointing. Have u tried calling them?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:10 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Deleted - Not relevant anymore

Last edited by ContinentalVoyager7; Sep 6, 2017 at 4:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.