Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGallery by Sofitel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Update: After my complaints to the GM, he said it's totally subject to the availability and they do not do any upgrade before the arrival.

But a Junior suite suddenly seemed to show up, which I was offered for the remaining two nights. I just came back to the hotel at 10pm, and tomorrow will be pretty much the same. Then, I leave the hotel early, so there is no point to move...

I don't really expect a suite upgrade or even category upgrade, but I wonder if they could not just allocate me to a room with a better view (not inner but some city view). A tiny room without opening curtains really disgusts me. I would not recommend choosing this hotel in Cologne, the ibis am Dom is even better...
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Update: After my complaints to the GM, he said it's totally subject to the availability and they do not do any upgrade before the arrival.

But a Junior suite suddenly seemed to show up, which I was offered for the remaining two nights. I just came back to the hotel at 10pm, and tomorrow will be pretty much the same. Then, I leave the hotel early, so there is no point to move...

I don't really expect a suite upgrade or even category upgrade, but I wonder if they could not just allocate me to a room with a better view (not inner but some city view). A tiny room without opening curtains really disgusts me. I would not recommend choosing this hotel in Cologne, the ibis am Dom is even better...
Well since you know the GM now, you should pre-alert him to your next stay and make your wishes known in advance. If he cannot make sure you will be in a better room, then indeed switch hotels.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Well since you know the GM now, you should pre-alert him to your next stay and make your wishes known in advance. If he cannot make sure you will be in a better room, then indeed switch hotels.
So true. I wish there was an IHG property in Cologne. I miss the IC Cologne.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
So true. I wish there was an IHG property in Cologne. I miss the IC Cologne.
This GM seems to be a very "leave me alone" type.
I agree, they should at least make some effort to offer a decent basic room for members.

Just had a look at his profile. He hasn't been around much. 8 years here and prior to that 7 years at the old Sofitel in Frankfurt.
I have in my travels found the best GMs to be those who have experienced multiple hotel classes and different regions around the world. (just like the best salesmen )

Last edited by gilbertaue; Nov 15, 2016 at 3:41 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
This GM seems to be a very "leave me alone" type.
I agree, they should at least make some effort to offer a decent basic room for members.

Just had a look at his profile. He hasn't been around much. 8 years here and prior to that 7 years at the old Sofitel in Frankfurt.
I have in my travels found the best GMs to be those who have experienced multiple hotel classes and different regions around the world. (just like the best salesmen )
Yes, I felt the same. But also I wonder what the reservation manager was doing. I made the booking in March, then she/he did not do anything for several months? I wonder how this hotel has been allowed to join the MGallery by Sofitel collection...
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I stayed in this MGallery Cologne earlier this year and was not impressed at all. 2 rooms booked, no upgrade, tiny rooms. Will likely not return. If you want to stay with Accor in Cologne, go to the Pullman, it is much better and they comply with LCAH rules.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 10:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
the old Sofitel in Frankfurt
This was possibly the very worst MGallery around (Savigny), I pity the people who have had to work this old dog.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:33 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JTCz
This was possibly the very worst MGallery around (Savigny), I pity the people who have had to work this old dog.
That explains the GMs attitude.

On a brighter side, Frankfurt finally has a new Sofitel and is currently accepting bookings for their soft opening (introductory rates at around EUR200).
But once again, no lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More

On a brighter side, Frankfurt finally has a new Sofitel and is currently accepting bookings for their soft opening (introductory rates at around EUR200).
Club Lounges seem not to be part of the Sofitel concept (nor Novotel, Pullmann)? Budapest is an exception? The lounge there is nice by the way.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:34 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by submonte
Club Lounges seem not to be part of the Sofitel concept (nor Novotel, Pullmann)? Budapest is an exception?
I wouldn't say so. In Europe, Sofitel in Athens, Berlin Ku'damm, London Heathrow and Gatwick has lounge in addition to Budapest. In Asia, many Sofitel has lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I wouldn't say so. In Europe, Sofitel in Athens, Berlin Ku'damm, London Heathrow and Gatwick has lounge in addition to Budapest. In Asia, many Sofitel has lounge.
Ok, some have, some not, in Europe mainly not. The new Sofitel Frankfurt has not as gilbertaue writes elsewhere here.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Wow :-(
Was considering a stay in November. Think I'll look elsewhere now.
The proximity to & views of the Cathedral were a big plus but I don't want a crappy small room and poor Platinum recognition for the sort of money they charge.
Shame.
Cheers.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.

Why no lounge in what is suppose to be a premium brand in their hotel lineup ?
Annoying.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I stayed at Hotel Continental Zurich MGallery by Sofitel last week. Wasn't impressed. Rooms are looking old, air conditioning was noisy.
Breakfast buffet and restaurant was on the level of some Mercure/Novotel.
Not sure why it is branded as MGallery. Will probably not return.

By the way, I prepaid the stay online with a mix of points and credit card. Looks like the point never made it to the hotel. Will follow up on that with Accor soonish.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I stayed in this MGallery Cologne earlier this year and was not impressed at all. 2 rooms booked, no upgrade, tiny rooms. Will likely not return. If you want to stay with Accor in Cologne, go to the Pullman, it is much better and they comply with LCAH rules.

​​​​​​​Any updates about this place? This is the Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne right?? I just booked for this week, then saw this (worrying) topic (will report back later this week too).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.