Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
MGallery by Sofitel

I spotted this today

http://www.accorhotels-group.com/en/...-location.html

This is really confusing now. I thought MGallery was a stand alone brand. What's this business "by Sofitel"?

Last edited by starflyergold; Sep 29, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:03 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Oh God, this is bad...
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very confusing indeed ! First time I see this.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
MGallery by Sofitel has just added an unusual new address to its collection. The Cour des Consuls Hotel & Spa, the leading five-star hotel in Toulouse, opened on 14 September, much to the delight of guests who enjoy offbeat experiences.
Well, the description says it all. an unusual new address to its collection
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, bw diamond.Hilton diamond

By the end of 2016 accor is aiming to open up 300 new properties in the high end segment all mgallerie hotels are being upgraded where possible to fit in the lux segment where not possible downgraded to mercure grand pullman and or mercure.

M gallery is aiming to be into the 4 plus and 5 star segment and therefore being on top of accor's ladder together with sofitel with sofitel being the modern part and m gallery by sofitel the more boutique part .
set in more unusual place like historic building and sites and prime locations.

M gallery by sofitel is happening but should not be out yet !

more premature spills but prove that's happening unfrt i cant say to much. https://www.facebook.com/3Nagas
https://www.facebook.com/QueensHotelCheltenham
https://www.facebook.com/RotaryHotelGeneva?fref=photo

Feel free to ask if you have more questions

Last edited by starflyergold; Sep 30, 2015 at 11:50 am
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Why should we ask you questions, do you work for Accor?

By the way, I cannot think of an MGallery that would deserve a demotion to Mercure, at least until quite many Mercures I can think of are demoted themselves. I can think of a few random ones that should rather be Sofitels or Pullmans but apparently there were properties with brand exclusivity in town.

MGallery is perhaps my favourite Accor brand and I hoped it would not be tampered with. I wouldn't be caught dead with a Mercure franchise had I run a decent boutique hotel, but joining the MGallery club would be enticing.

I think Accor might be running into the same issue as American big chains are - too many upscale chains, and nobody can tell the difference between all of them, so they start to be meaningless. Sofitel already has three sub-brands, weirdly only one of them Accor calls "luxury" - wouldn't it be time to curate the Sofitel brand more (and perhaps demote some properties) rather than spread it even more thinly?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
mercure grand pullman and or mercure
Grand Mercure or Grand Pullman??? Again something new if it was Grand Pullman.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

After some more digging this seems to be the current brand overview

Previously:

Funny how some hotels, e.g. the Rotary, who were once Sofitel, got downgraded because they weren't good enough are now "by Sofitel".
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:13 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
The MGallery by Sofitel branding has been used by the old Mercure Cheltenham since it rebranded as a MGallery earlier this month.

The Sofitel.com website now has a new tab on the home page "Sofitel Universe" which lists Legend, SO, Sofitel and MGallery as all being part of the overarching Sofitel brand. MGallery hotels however are currently not showing up as Sofitel destinations on the reservations part of the sofitel.com website. The sofitel.com website has had a minor makeover in terms of hotel destination listings.

If you link to MGallery from the sofitel.com website it simple redirects you to the old MGallery.com website which is still branded as MGallery by Accor.

Looks likely MGallery will increasingly migrate into the Sofitel website over the weeks ahead which unfortunately will probably mean more website downtime during the process.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:29 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Grand Mercure or Grand Pullman??? Again something new if it was Grand Pullman.
Just wait another year. That's when they'll introduce Pullman by Adagio and Sofitel Budget STYLES.

You'll have to wait until 2018 for the first ibis Legend properties, though.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by IMH
Just wait another year. That's when they'll introduce Pullman by Adagio and Sofitel Budget STYLES.

You'll have to wait until 2018 for the first ibis Legend properties, though.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:08 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
My weak attempt at humour pales beside Accor's -- I've only just seen that the graphic you posted actually includes something called "adagio Premium" in the same category as the various flavours of Sofitel. Very silly.

JTCz makes some very good points above.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by bigfootlikestotravel

By the end of 2016 accor is aiming to open up 300 new properties in the high end segment all mgallerie hotels are being upgraded where possible to fit in the lux segment where not possible downgraded to mercure grand pullman and or mercure.

M gallery is aiming to be into the 4 plus and 5 star segment and therefore being on top of accor's ladder together with sofitel with sofitel being the modern part and m gallery by sofitel the more boutique part .
set in more unusual place like historic building and sites and prime locations.

M gallery by sofitel is happening but should not be out yet !

more premature spills but prove that's happening unfrt i cant say to much. https://www.facebook.com/3Nagas
https://www.facebook.com/QueensHotelCheltenham
https://www.facebook.com/RotaryHotelGeneva?fref=photo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxvIvASTko

Feel free to ask if you have more questions
Good News.

I like the upgrading of M Gallery to a Sofitel sub brand. It could motivate me to spend more nights with Accor. The group needs a clearer and better definition of luxury and a wider choice. Anyway Sofitel is not always luxury enough (weak in Paris e.g.), they should have a brand on top like Barriere Hotels, that would fit perfectly.

Unclear remains for me how an M Gallery Hotel could fit into Mercure. What is Mercure? There are so many different qualities of Mercure.

What I urgently would wish also for Accor is a business brand with Club Lounge/Executive Lounge (Pullman?), like Hilton or Marriott, and comp. breakfast for Le Club Platinum.

And a website that works. Tried (without success) to book my 3 promotion nights on 20 Sep and could not log in the whole day. Wanted to change my password as I thought it could be a reason but got no mail till today, That was really disappointing, but I still believe Accor could be a first choice for me one day.

Last edited by submonte; Sep 30, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
IMHO it seem overlapping between SO Sofitel and M Gallery by Sofitel
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:15 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Apparently the change over date is 1 April.

On 1st April, MGallery will join the Sofitel Brand Collection as MGallery by Sofitel. Discover more Memorable Moments with us through our growing network of luxury hotels around the world.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.