Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IMH
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

chistery's post 166 (here) includes the headings with the tags for bold text. Some members will find it easier to cut and paste from there.

Threads for stays in previous years can be found here:-
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:52 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Are you sure you are not mistaken ?? Or was it a special buffet (e.g. Christmas buffet or equivalent) ? Because I have stayed several times there and their buffet is wonderful but I never paid that price (more in the 25-30 Euros, which was of excellent value knowing the quality).
Hi Goldorak! I hope I made a mistake but we went down to the restaurant and asked about prize. We were told that seafood buffet they serve during weekends is 1,7 million VND and that's 69 EUR. We smiled nicely and turned away, heading back to the lounge.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Hi Goldorak! I hope I made a mistake but we went down to the restaurant and asked about prize. We were told that seafood buffet they serve during weekends is 1,7 million VND and that's 69 EUR. We smiled nicely and turned away, heading back to the lounge.
waouh. Crazy indeed ! As you said, better to be a refugee in the lounge
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:24 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
By the way, the restaurant (formerly known as Cafe Rivoli) has recently renovated and renaimed as Mezz. I also went to ask price for the buffet here I. Sofitel Plaza Hanoi and it's 880,000 VND (~35€) weekdays and weekends' seafood buffet is 990,000 (~40€), still way cheaper than what I was told in Saigon.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:33 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Are you sure you are not mistaken ?? Or was it a special buffet (e.g. Christmas buffet or equivalent) ? Because I have stayed several times there and their buffet is wonderful but I never paid that price (more in the 25-30 Euros, which was of excellent value knowing the quality).
Seeing this I was surprised too. So I Google for it. Most recent direct info I could find is here: http://auschamvn.org/mezz-sofitel-saigon-plazas-newest-interactive-buffet-restaurant/
(sorry I can't paste a proper link as I'm using the app). Price is stated as 1.2mil for the seafood buffet. Could it have been a Christmas day thing?

If you go on their FB site it has as one of their latest posts an ad for this specific buffet. Someone inquired in Vietnamese and the hotel replies that the cost is 1.2mil. So either some higher Christmas cost or a misinformed staff.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
- Name of the hotel: MGallery Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Generally yes, though not sure this hotel feels like a MGallery.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Classic Room, got Classic Room. I asked for a room overlooking the Dom but was told that the only such room was a smoking room. (Smoking rooms still exist in Germany?). So my room faced a very ugly internal courtyard.

- How are the rooms? Very small and feels very cramped for a couple. The room is so small that the TV cabinet cannot fit in front of the bed (otherwise, you can't walk across to the other side of the bed!) but is positioned at an angle, so too bad if you want to watch TV from the bed! There is not even space for a luggage rack.

Good: Free Wifi (premium tier available) but free version perfectly adequate as fast enough to stream video. Courtyard facing room was very quiet. Central location (right next to the Dom!) and can easily walk from hotel to all tourist attractions. Shower pressure was surprisingly good!

Bad: Small room. Hotel feels like an upgraded Novotel - none of the typical MGallery feel of a boutique property or something special about the property itself

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink and fruit plate but the welcome letter accompanying the fruit plate was addressed to someone else, so evidently they gave me the "wrong room". Asked for upgrade but said hotel was fully booked. I was granted 3pm late checkout though but front desk did not properly register this and someone called me at 1pm asking why I had not yet checked out and vacated the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not sure this property justifies the premium price unless location is very very important to you. On the day that I booked, this property was at least 20% more expensive than the Pullman. If I return to Cologne, I will probably be staying at the Pullman

Last edited by Zana711; Dec 29, 2015 at 4:33 am
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zana711
- Name of the hotel: MGallery Hotel Mondial am Dom Cologne
sounds pretty erratic...and a nice collection of poor handling and management
I'm trying the Pullman Cologne this week (1st time) and I hope it will be better.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:39 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
- Name of the hotel: Ibis Styles Barnsley

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior room. Allocated superior room. Enquired about upgrade to family room but receptionist advised they were still awaiting new sofa beds since converting to an Ibis so at present family rooms had two fixed double beds offering less free space.

- How are the rooms? Typical Ibis, clean, recently redecorated as part of Ibis rebrand.

Good: Recent rebrand from Ramada Encore to Ibis Styles. Hotel has had a limited decoration refresh although still incomplete. Receptionist advised been expecting new sofa beds to be delivered since September.

Bad: Bed rather hard for my taste.
Staff seemed to have little knowledge of the Le Club Accor scheme.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? None. No drink voucher offered and didn't press the issue as unlikely to use and expect little from Ibis hotels.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Hotel booked for £25 on Black Friday sale including usual Ibis Styles continental breakfast. For an 11 hour stay to break a long car journey was great value for money. Also received 4x points bonus in addition to usual points as categorised as a new opening. Nothing special about this hotel but if convenient at good rate would be happy to reuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.