Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I book on accor.com or hotels.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, CC, US, BA
I'm staying at a Novotel. The only perks I can see would be an upgrade, but in this case the upgraded room doesn't have a sofa so it wouldn't work for us anyway.

I decided to book at hotels.com to get the Welcome Rewards. However, while the entire trip was available to book at the Accor hotel, only the first five days were available at hotels.com. So I booked the first 5 at hotels.com and the rest at the accor website and will call and have them combine the reservations later or just have them combined at the hotel.

I noticed that the hotels.com website was more expensive than the accor website for the same rooms. Anybody have any experience getting hotels.com to match the rate?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:08 pm

If you're trying to get Hotels.com to match you might as well switch the res. and do a BRG with Expedia because their prices are pretty much Hotel.com's (same company). You'll have to spend a bit of time on the phone, but they'll match Accor and you'll get a $50 coupon/night if you book 1 night at a time. You can only do 3 per calendar month though. They've made it a bit of a pain in the butt and keep you on hold a lot, but it's still worth it. Use the FT search function and it'll lay it out for you. If that's too much hassle, H.c does 'double rewards' a few times a year. Keep an eye out and rebook.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Don't forget to go through cash back portal to get cash back too!
One thing you might consider to book through Accor.com is that for 2000 Le Club points you'll get a voucher worth USD 50. You may want to take that into account when you decide where to book.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by holtju2
Hotels.com offers every tenth night free (average cost), has coupons and cashback too.
It took me 20 nights on hotels.com to get 10 that counted for this.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, CC, US, BA
Originally Posted by sosafan
It took me 20 nights on hotels.com to get 10 that counted for this.
Why is this?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mwwalk
Why is this?
Not all rates at all hotels are eligible but it does say when you book whether the rate you are booking is eligible for hotels.com rewards scheme.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
Not all rates at all hotels are eligible but it does say when you book whether the rate you are booking is eligible for hotels.com rewards scheme.
Really, there are a lot of non eligible hotels ? I've never booked a hotel that wasn't eligible & I've picked up 7 or 8 freebies. Of course, if you use a coupon, those nights don't count. H.c is best combined with Chase Ultimate Rewards where you get 3X extra points/$.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Really, there are a lot of non eligible hotels ? I've never booked a hotel that wasn't eligible & I've picked up 7 or 8 freebies. Of course, if you use a coupon, those nights don't count. H.c is best combined with Chase Ultimate Rewards where you get 3X extra points/$.
+ cashback website
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by macaron95
you'll not find cheaper rates on hotels.com vs Accorhotels.com
Two or three times I was getting considerably better price at Orbitz than at Accorhotels. Last time I booked at Accorhotels, because Orbitz was just marginally cheaper and I preferred to have a chance of free upgrade.

So I wouldn't agree on the point. From my experience, you get better offer on third party websites quite frequently.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Two or three times I was getting considerably better price at Orbitz than at Accorhotels. Last time I booked at Accorhotels, because Orbitz was just marginally cheaper and I preferred to have a chance of free upgrade.

So I wouldn't agree on the point. From my experience, you get better offer on third party websites quite frequently.
on flexible rates probably

but the best rates which are non cancelable non refundable are on accorhotels.com
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
A larger fraction of hotels outside the U.S. (where Accor hotels are located) are ineligible for welcome rewards at Hotels.com. I just looked for Brugge Belgium on September 24th for one night. There were 74 listed that offered Welcome Rewards, 133 that did not, and another 53 unavailable on the date I happened to choose. Of course the ones with Welcome Rewards were mostly listed first. I'm sure it also depends a bit on the hotels you happen to choose.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan
on flexible rates probably

but the best rates which are non cancelable non refundable are on accorhotels.com
Nope. For cheapest non-refundable at BKK Novotel:

via accor (Plat member): $159.63 with breakfast
via agoda: $127.13 with breakfast
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RoninTech
Nope. For cheapest non-refundable at BKK Novotel:

via accor (Plat member): $159.63 with breakfast
via agoda: $127.13 with breakfast
are all taxes already included with Agoda ?

can you earn Accor le Club points if booking thru Agoda?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:07 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

can you earn Accor le Club points if booking thru Agoda?
You can't.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:23 pm
Suspended

ok then, booking prepaid rates on accorhotels.com and using cashback remains for me the best solution

booking on 3rd party websites is good for people not interested in the loyalty program and only looking for the best price possible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.