Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I book on accor.com or hotels.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:08 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I just got an email from the Novotel Toulouse refusing to add my Club Accor (Plat) number to a reservation I made through booking.com

Not too shattered about it, just seems to be variable. The only strange thing is the rate is the same that was on the Accor website, it is just my brother did the booking before he knew I had status. If the rate was much lower I would understand, even then got a 40% off rate booked on Accor.com upgraded to a Suite.

Does not seem to be much rhyme or reason, but once again, I am OK with it, going on a nice vacation anyways
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:04 am
Suspended

well, Accor pays commission to third-party websites such as booking.com, hotels.com, expedia.com, etc...

if it was the same rate, you should have booked in accorhotels.com to earn your points and enjoy your status benefits
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:33 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by macaron95
well, Accor pays commission to third-party websites such as booking.com, hotels.com, expedia.com, etc...

if it was the same rate, you should have booked in accorhotels.com to earn your points and enjoy your status benefits
Yes, I understand completely, I misread an earlier post and thought someone had succesfully done it and was sharing my experience. My fault entirely!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by macaron95
Accor has very nice new properties in BKK and it's so convenient to get to the airport with the skytrain that i don't see any point of staying at the Novotel facing Suvarnabhumi

Novotel Bangkok Platinum will be my next stay
Please tell me EXACTLY how to do this, in order to board my 07:15am departure from BKK.
Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by yyzAAguy
Please tell me EXACTLY how to do this, in order to board my 07:15am departure from BKK.
Thanks.
Just take a taxi. There will be no traffic and the trains may not be running < 5am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.