Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review: Mercure Ginza, Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:21 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
The Pullman will almost certainly offer more, even if the Mercure renovation is done well, but as always with large cities hotel choice should be driven -- or at least greatly influenced -- by location. What do you want to do and see in Tokyo?

The Mercure location works well for us. We'll probably stay again for that reason as well as trying the Pullman at some point.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I'm not really sure what we are going to do in Tokyo - we only have 2 days/3 nights there on our way to Finland, and one of those days will be to go to Disneyland or Disneysea. But other than that, I have no idea what we want to do there as I just haven't really looked into it.
I see that the Pullman is above a train line - so I'm guessing Transport around is easy - and it will be a brand new hotel, and a Pullman is always nicer than a Mercure!!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Hotel has just refreshed their rooms. Check out their Facebook page.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cowism
no wonder the price has gone up. I am looking on 3-5Nov and it is JPY 50,566 for 2 nights. This means 25K per night. This is crazy, even Marriott Tokyo is only 24K.

I think I will give it a miss as Courtyard Tokyo Station is only 19K per night.

I still cannot see Pullman on the search result..
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

wait for the sale.. relax..
clement7 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Has anyone stayed in the hotel since the mid 2018 rennovations ?

Is it possible to open the window for fresh air at this hotel ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; Dec 17, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Leverage
Stayed here last November. Location is great, but as mentioned prices are probably some of the highest amongst Mercure hotels. Also there's no easy way to get to the airport unless you're cabbing or getting a private shuttle.

As a Gold, I received a free drink coupon and an invitation to cocktail happy hour with mgmt.
shuttle to Airport is 2 blocks down opposite the old Sony building
OK, so I'm confused, we're planning on staying here for 3 nights in April next year. I was planning on getting the NEX as Tokyo station is only a 10-20 minute walk according to Google Maps (depending on the route), is this wrong?

Would people still recommend the getting a shuttle or limousine bus instead?

Thanks, stephenjc
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stephenjc
OK, so I'm confused, we're planning on staying here for 3 nights in April next year. I was planning on getting the NEX as Tokyo station is only a 10-20 minute walk according to Google Maps (depending on the route), is this wrong?

Would people still recommend the getting a shuttle or limousine bus instead?

Thanks, stephenjc
It's longgggg walk with luggage. Which airport r u coming from
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
NEX, so Narita. It's around 1km, hardly anything. However, spoke to the hotel and they said.....

From Narita Airport (NRT)
By Bus
Please kindly take LCC bus ‘The Access Narita’ to Ginza station, takes approximately 100 minutes, and costs 1,000JPY per person per one way(Inclusive of tax).
Please take taxi from Ginza Station to our hotel, takes 10 minutes and costs around 1,000JPY per car.
Or, you can arrive our hotel easily on foot.
For further information please see the link below:
THE ACCESS NARITA

By Train
Suggestion 1
Please kindly take JR Narita Express to Tokyo station, takes approximately 60 minutes and costs 3,020JPY per person per one way(Inclusive of tax).
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/
Please take taxi from Tokyo Station to our hotel, takes 10 minutes and costs around 1,000JPY per car.

Suggestion 2
Please take Keisei Skyliner from Narita AP to Ueno station, and change to Ginza subway line.
Ginza station (Exit A13) is the nearest from our hotel.

So, I'll probably just take the NEX and grab a taxi to the hotel.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire

So, I'll probably just take the NEX and grab a taxi to the hotel.
That is exactly what I did. It worked very well for me.

CT
stephenjc likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:46 am
IMH

I'll probably just take the NEX and grab a taxi to the hotel.
This is a good option. We have stayed at this hotel a few times and usually arrive and leave via Tokyo station. It's an easy walk if it isn't too cold, too hot, too humid or too wet -- but it's also a relatively inexpensive taxi ride if any of those weather factors apply or if heavy bags and/or jetlag are in play.

We'll be back at the property next week and I'll try to remember to address est-gratuite's questions about the renovations and whether or not windows can be opened.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:14 am
IMH

We had another pleasant stay at this property last week. The renovated common areas and rooms are in very good shape, although they didn’t necessarily make the stylistic choices I would have. There are quite a few non-functional ‘designer’ features (e.g. imitation hinges and clasps intended to make bedside tables look like chests). Our wardrobe mirrors featured an NYC-like skyscraper motif, while the lift doors bore a diamond mesh pattern reminiscent of early 20th century Europe. But it’s all been done well enough. The bathrooms have been refreshed (everything worked perfectly) but are still small and modular.

The photos on the hotel websites give a good idea of the décor. Here's one of mine:

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum at the time of this stay (four nights in October 2019).

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
We booked a “deluxe queen” room and that's what we got, on the 8th floor (of 12).

Welcome drinks, amenities or any other special perks?
We were given a voucher for two drinks, a welcome letter, a half bottle of Faugères and a small bag of sablés:

Less positive: the drinks vouchers could only be redeemed for items on a special list of basic drinks (e.g. “beer”, “white wine”, “red wine”). I’m sure we’re seeing this more often this year.

Value for money? Would you return?
The price was okay, given that our stay coincided with the Rugby World Cup. We’ll almost certainly be back.

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Is it possible to open the window for fresh air at this hotel ?
No, not in any of the rooms we’ve stayed in.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: Cathay Gold
Stayed during the state of the emergency

Stayed one night at Mercure Tokyo Ginza before Olympic games had started(around Mid-July).Now this hotel is designated for Olympic media participants.

Tier:Platinum

Room: Booked semi-double room(the cheapest category), upgraded to Privilege Queen(highest room category)

Welcome Amenity: drink voucher, Some cookies, also anything from mini-bar(comes with the room)

Staff were very friendly as usual, Room was very clean.

I 've stayed at Pullman Tokyo tamachi few times but I found out that the member recognitions are much better here in Mercure rather than Pullman,
I've never received the substantial upgrade and l got the exactly same welcome letter with every single japanese word is the same.
ftakak likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Good stay, hotel well located

Mercure Tokyo Ginza

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Mercure Tokyo Ginza

2 9 4, Ginza, Chuo ku Tokyo, 1040061

Good stay, hotel well located (9 Photos)

Mercure Tokyo Ginza

4176A16F-D09C-47A0-9D18-54F86BF20136.jpeg

This review has to be read in conjunction with the one I just did for Pullman Tokyo Tamachi. This stay at Mercure was for one night, because Pullman had to close for one day. Booking, billing, transfers were all organized for me by the Pullman. 

This hotel is very conveniently located in Ginza district. I checked-in around 10:00 and was clearly announced/expected. No credit card was requested as guarantee because Pullman was my guarantee. For the drink voucher, I had to tell them now what I wanted (soft drinks only) and they give it to you at the front desk. 

The front desk area :

9E76F3F6-E79E-4D16-A329-AA949C963171.jpeg

Room

The room was ready, they gave me Privilege/Queen bed + Sofa room. The room was not huge but still large as per Japanese standards. Modern decor. The weak point was that it was a bit dark, but I was not planning to spend too much time in it so, no issue. I would not necessarily like it for a longer stay. There was a small desk. 

IMG_0314.jpegIMG_0321.jpeg

Welcome amenity included a small bottle of wine, some chocolates and some aperitif snacks. Minibar content was free. There was a Nespresso machine. 

IMG_0317.jpegIMG_0318.jpegIMG_0320.jpeg

Typical small Japanese bathroom, but it does the job well. 

IMG_0323.jpegIMG_0322.jpeg

Overall

Breakfast was the weak point, in my opinion : limited buffet, quality OKaiish but nothing to write home about. And the room is low ceiling and relatively small so it gets very noisy and crowded. 

They could not grant me a late checkout because of full occupancy, but it was not big deal as I could do without. The limo was waiting for me to return to Pullman at the exact booked time. 

It was certainly a OK stay. I could return, but the Pullman would be clearly my first choice if staying with Accor. This Mercure can be quite expensive, and sometimes more expensive than the Pullman. 

Good stay, hotel well located

Would you like to write a review on the Mercure Tokyo Ginza?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the Mercure Ginza a few weeks earlier than you, Goldorak, (end of May)and I entirely agree about the breakfast being the weak point of the hotel. Very limited selection and was missing something I truly enjoy in Japan: Eggs. This was the same at the Mercure in Osaka as well. I was told it was due to the bird flu, but I dont think most other hotels removed them. When returning to Japan next spring, I’m going to stick to Japanese chains.

Also at this hotel, I recall just seeing 2 elevators, so they got a bit busy at peak times, but since I was given a room on the 3rd floor, I ended up taking the stairs each time.

Last edited by wysiwyg; Jul 30, 2023 at 4:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.