Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Please post your A|Club Elite experiences" 2011 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Couldn't agree more... Sofitel are overpriced, especially in Paris.
If they were overpriced, they would be empty. But whenever I stay at a Sofitel in Europe or North Africa it always seems to be pretty full. Maybe it's only French companies that get the good rates? I know high level French governmental staff stay at Sofitels. Probably at half price.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:55 am

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by stimpy
If they were overpriced, they would be empty. But whenever I stay at a Sofitel in Europe or North Africa it always seems to be pretty full. Maybe it's only French companies that get the good rates? I know high level French governmental staff stay at Sofitels. Probably at half price.
Good point. It's very French... The government and French companies from the CAC40 get pretty decent rates there. I don't (only got -10% which is ridiculous)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
FWIW, my company which is not French but does have French subsidiary, we seem to have quite decent rates.. if only they recognized Plats better and allowed redemption on discounted rates they would get much more business IMO.. most colleagues whom I know travel frequently but always prefer IHG,MR and HH..
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
FWIW, my company which is not French but does have French subsidiary, we seem to have quite decent rates.. if only they recognized Plats better and allowed redemption on discounted rates they would get much more business IMO.. most colleagues whom I know travel frequently but always prefer IHG,MR and HH..
The Plat recognition is fine by me at Sofitel (other Accor hotels just don't give a damn) but definitely corporate rates could be better or special offers for plat members (that just never happens)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
The Plat recognition is fine by me at Sofitel (other Accor hotels just don't give a damn) but definitely corporate rates could be better or special offers for plat members (that just never happens)
Point I am making is that Accor properties seldom go out of their way for A-club Plats unless its mandated as per the program which is way unlike IHG's PC and Marriots MR which I have experience with..
I only have experience with Accor properties in Europe so all my views are based on this only..

I believe some hotels in SE Asia have real good treatment from the posts and threads I see in this forum..
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abhilife2001

I believe some hotels in SE Asia have real good treatment from the posts and threads I see in this forum..
Yes, this is true in my experience in SE. Asia...But I find that this is true across all the major programs that I participate(d) in.....IME and as always YMMV!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
brazil - no treatment, no goodies, just get whet u have paid for
Old Mar 26, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't think you can say an entire region is one way or the other. Some Euro hotels are good with upgrades, some aren't. Some properties in Paris are good, some aren't. I always get upgraded at the Lord Baltimore, both when it was Sofitel and now as M-Gallery. And the Sofitel and MGallery in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Mercure Auckland

I booked 2 Standard Queen rooms at Mercure Auckland for NZ$119 each room. As a Plat, I got 1 Superior King Harbour View room, plus 1 Junior Suite Harbour View room. I also received a personal welcome card from Duty Manager, with 4 welcome drinks voucher at Vue Restaurant or Attica Bar (I had 2 Spreights beer and my wife 2 coke), plus a box of almond chocolates on arrival. I am quite impressed, especially for the price I paid for the rooms. I will stay there again if I need to go to AKL and stay in the city (very convenient).
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edison
I booked 2 Standard Queen rooms at Mercure Auckland for NZ$119 each room. As a Plat, I got 1 Superior King Harbour View room, plus 1 Junior Suite Harbour View room. I also received a personal welcome card from Duty Manager, with 4 welcome drinks voucher at Vue Restaurant or Attica Bar (I had 2 Spreights beer and my wife 2 coke), plus a box of almond chocolates on arrival. I am quite impressed, especially for the price I paid for the rooms. I will stay there again if I need to go to AKL and stay in the city (very convenient).
Great^.....Sadly, I did NOT receive such a warm welcome in Tokyo last month at Mercure Ginza...and the room was way more than 119 NZD!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, HON, EK Gold
I don't think you can say an entire region is one way or the other. Some Euro hotels are good with upgrades, some aren't. Some properties in Paris are good, some aren't. I always get upgraded at the Lord Baltimore, both when it was Sofitel and now as M-Gallery. And the Sofitel and MGallery in Amsterdam.
The Lyon Sofitels also used to be very good for upgrades/nice welcome gifts - I remember a really good truffle oil....
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by yauee
Sofitel Silom x 2
- Check in at club floor
- Upgraded
- late check out
- Welcome drink V9 to replace the welcome gift
- Friendly

Sofitel Wanda Beijing
- Fast check in at 7am
- Upgrade to CLUB FLOOR only with no other benefit
- Late check out

Pullman King Power Bangkok x 2
- Booked deluxe room and upgrade to executive room
- check in at the executive floor
- late checkout
- recognized by the staff at the executive floor
- Friendly

Hotel Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
- Advantage Plus counter not in use / Gold or Plat also need long queue
-Miserable when come to check-in.
-No room available for upgrade, room became available when request for paid upgrade.
-The only different is the coffee making machine where the rooms are the same.

Novotel Singapore
-Long queue for check-in
-There is a Adv+ counter where not staff handling the counter.
-No Upgrade
-Booked superior Room, were requested to pay the different for standard room and superior room lucky we kept a copy of our booking.

Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore x 2
- No upgrade
- Room only ready after 1500
- Room rundown
- Bedsheet got holes
- Big parking issue

All Season Huamark x 2
- Fast Check-in
- Counter for Advantage Plus in use
- What surprise me the most, they gave upgrade for Advantage Plus/Gold/Plat something Novotel, Mercure need to learn from them.

From the past experience I think Novotel and Mercure hate us.
Oh no, I just made a-club plat and I'm thinking about staying at Mercure Roxy SG and it doesn't seem to be a good choice after all.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, A/Club Gold.
Sofitel recognize status in that they have always upgraded me to a higher room, but that's about it. No welcoming gift or anything of the sort. I did get a very nice message from the GM with a free bottle of champagne from the Brisbane Novotel though, which was nice and unexpected.

Funny story: while staying at the Brisbane Sofitel last year I was actually told that they could not accept the $60 voucher due to them removing themselves from the A/Club program. This was followed by a 10 minute rant from the checkout lady on how awful it was to have to deal with A/Club, and how they were always getting calls from customers because A/Club never posted points in time, etc.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Kitiara03
Funny story: while staying at the Brisbane Sofitel last year I was actually told that they could not accept the $60 voucher due to them removing themselves from the A/Club program. This was followed by a 10 minute rant from the checkout lady on how awful it was to have to deal with A/Club, and how they were always getting calls from customers because A/Club never posted points in time, etc.
The Brisbane Sofitel is not part of A-Club, confusing and very off to allow some of your flagship properties to opt out. If they can't be bothered they should be asked to leave the chain.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
The Brisbane Sofitel is not part of A-Club, confusing and very off to allow some of your flagship properties to opt out. If they can't be bothered they should be asked to leave the chain.
Ofcourse they shd be asked to leave the chain.. I wonder what prompted them to decide not to be a part of A-club or why even Accor has allowed this..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.