Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA
Just booked a four-night stay here in February using a Third Night Free certificate. Booked the cheapest room (Fairmont Interior) because there's currently a promotion that I think is targeted at San Francisco residents, which we are, and only that room was eligible. Room Upgrade certificate will at least bump us up to Fairmont Exterior. Always wanted to stay here, and it's our wedding, so it seemed like a good excuse. Under $800 prepaid, including tax!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:45 pm

Quick Question: For those who have used a suite upgrade at this hotel would you recommend the main building or the tower? It seems the tower suites are smaller but more recently renovated, is that correct?

Cheers!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by faithwins
Quick Question: For those who have used a suite upgrade at this hotel would you recommend the main building or the tower? It seems the tower suites are smaller but more recently renovated, is that correct?

Cheers!
Stayed here several times. We've only stayed in the newer tower and like it. I think the tower suites are smaller than the main building but have sweet views of the bay and have more than enough space for a couple.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
The Fairmont San Francisco

Last time I upgraded there it was in the main building and to one of the named suites which are all very new and modern with individual balconies that overlook the roof garden deck and look easy to the city. I would totally take one of them again.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by faithwins

Cheers!
Your statement used to be true, but all the main building suite have been renovated during the last ~3 years.

Unless something has changed recently, the designated suite upgrade category is the Main Building Suite, I'm not aware of there being a choice.

All the suites are very nice IMO. The Tower Suites are somewhat smaller, but have great views while the Main Building Suites are more spacious.

Sometimes people receive a higher upgrade at check-in to one of the Main Building Corner Suites or the Main Building Balcony Suite (which are both fantastic IMO).
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Last time I upgraded there it was in the main building and to one of the named suites which are all very new and modern with individual balconies that overlook the roof garden deck and look easy to the city. I would totally take one of them again.
Afaik most of the suites (incl. the named ones) do not have a balcomy. Only the "Main Building Balcony Suites" do.

Just out of curiousity: Since I haven't stayed in one since the renos, do the Main Building Balcony Suites still only have one bathroom accessible from the bedroom?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Afaik most of the suites (incl. the named ones) do not have a balcomy. Only the "Main Building Balcony Suites" do.

Just out of curiousity: Since I haven't stayed in one since the renos, do the Main Building Balcony Suites still only have one bathroom accessible from the bedroom?

I've had balconies in both, main building named suites and the new tower suits. The new tower suits are higher up, and look to the bay whereas the named suites I've been in in the main building are lower like 3-5 floor and have very nice balconies that cover the entire room footprint, the main living room and the bedroom. We had nearly 15 people on one of the main bldg named suites, moving easily in and out of the double french doors of the living room and the balcony. Couple bottles of liquor from the LS on the nearest corner and it was a true soiree.

I don't recall a bathroom in the living room actually in the named suite in the main bldg, but in the tower suite there was a bathroom in the entry hallway.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:16 pm
fMD

Hello everyone, I have a stay coming up here in a main building balcony suite. Is there a different room you'd recommend?

The best bathtub and toddler friendliness possible are what we're looking for.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2016, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fMD
Hello everyone, I have a stay coming up here in a main building balcony suite. Is there a different room you'd recommend?

The best bathtub and toddler friendliness possible are what we're looking for.

Thanks!
The Main Building Balcony Suite is my favourite suite category at the Fairmont SFO.

That being, said I'm not entirely sure what qualifies as "toddler friendly". If you want to get the largest suite possible for a toddler to crawl around, the Main Building Corner Suites are quite a bit larger, if you want a smaller living room to watch the toddler, the Balcony Suite should work great.

Since all the suites were recently renovated afaik, there shouldn't be much a difference when it comes to the bathrooms.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:21 pm

The fairmont San Francisco

Can anyone tell me what type of fairmont room that I need to book in order to use free night voucher and suite upgrade voucher in San Francisco property?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by singhotdeal
Can anyone tell me what type of fairmont room that I need to book in order to use free night voucher and suite upgrade voucher in San Francisco property?
- free night cert: Fairmont Queen room
- suite upgrade cert: Main Building Suite
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:05 pm

Is there any other restrictions? By the way, there is some room are interior and exterior fairmont queen room, are they both okay for the free night redemption?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by singhotdeal
Is there any other restrictions? By the way, there is some room are interior and exterior fairmont queen room, are they both okay for the free night redemption?
Last time I checked only the Fairmont Queen (Interior) rooms were eligible for using a free night cert, not the Fairmont King (Exterior) rooms; but since policies change, I'd double-check.

No other restrictions except for the handful of black-out dates:
http://www.fairmont.de/promotions/limited/
Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:25 pm

It's been a little while since we have stayed here, just had another fine stay over the weekend.

FPC Plat phone support excellent, as usual, for the booking. (let's hope they don't go anywhere!)

2 rooms, for 1 room I applied a suite upgrade
- Let them know the stay was for a special event

Rooms were both ready for our early arrival.

They had further upgraded the suite from the basic main building suite to a main building balcony suite (http://www.fairmont.com/san-francisc...ations/suites/) Wow! The balcony was fantastic looking out at the Transamerica pyramid and beyond to the bay. It was huge as well, spanning the living room and bedroom of the suite, with comfortable furniture. Just a delightful place to sit and look out over the city and bay (*good weather weekend helped!).

We ate at the lobby lounge for some light bites and drinks, and everything was very good. Also did late night room service (sandwiches, fries, quesadilla type items) which was good.

Breakfast buffet was outstanding! I highly recommend it, high quality, great selection.

We valeted our car as well, the valet staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall a great stay, and love the location.

The upgrade to the balcony suite was truly memorable - Thanks Fairmont team! We appreciate it.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:58 pm

We recently stayed here for 2 nights. The suite cert got us the Bali Suite in the main building - very spacious (the walk in closet was bigger than my first college dorm room!). 1 bathroom that was on the small side. We didn't notice any street noise that others complained of. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had, however, they would not allow us to apply our dining/spa certs. I don't recall seeing this in the terms anywhere, but I could have missed it. Beautiful old hotel, great service, would definitely stay here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.