FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's awfully nice in Nice, BA SIN-LHR-NCE in Y+ and C
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:03 am
SQTraveller

BA11 (A380) London - Singapore (LHR-SIN)

VIEW THE TRIP REPORT HERE AS WELL
And if you enjoy reading it, please subscribe to my blog by selecting the follow button on the top right hand side. Thanks!!

Previous components to this trip:
JetQuay CIP Terminal
BA16 (A380) in Y+ Singapore – London (SIN-LHR)
Restaurant Review: Zedel
BA342 (A320) in C London – Nice (LHR-NCE)
Apartment Massena from Booking.com
Restaurants in Nice
BA345 (A320) Nice - London (NCE-LHR)

IMG_1494 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr

If you have read any of my previous trip reports, you will know that I hate arriving late to the airport. Some like to arrive just in time to board. Not me.

So at 5pm, I made it to the airport; some two hours before departure. On days like this, when there is virtually no one around, the check in hall of Terminal 5 is really really cavernous. And with it being so quiet, it really doesn’t seem like it is one of the busiest airports in the world.

IMG_9421 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr

Check in was a breeze. Though the same can’t really be said for security. Although they were doing their level best, there were some travellers who were really taking their sweet time about removing everything.

Nevertheless, about 10 minutes after joining the security queue I was through and on my way to the Aspire Lounge. I get access to the Aspire Lounge at Heathrow terminal 5 due to my Priority Pass.

My Priority Pass access comes from holding a Citibank Prestige card. I wrote more in detail about it in the post Which Reward Card do I use?

Among the other benefits the Prestige card offers
  • Complimentary night stay at any hotel of your choice with a minimum, consecutive 4-night booking.
  • Complimentary one-way airport limousine transfers eight times a year.
  • Access to JetQuay Private Terminal

IMG_9438 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr

The big bug bear I have is that this is the only Priority Pass lounge on the airside of Heathrow Terminal 5,so it can get really busy, like it did this evening.

I have used it when the airport was incredibly busy, and it was not a pleasant experience. This time wasn’t too crowded, and I was able to find a perch.

What I was really unimpressed with was the staff. One particular member of staff seemed to have a real attitude. She came out while I was getting my card processed and started arguing with the manager.

She wanted to go on break, and he told her she had to wait for another colleague as she arrived 30 minutes late. And then she lost it. Swearing and slamming the door to the kitchen. Then when she came out to put out the food, she threw it down. I was impressed that the manager didn’t lose his cool.

IMG_9430 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr

After that excitement, I helped myself to some munchies. I’m not a big fan of pasta before I fly. It just fills me up. I guess some people do like it, but I only do that if I am carb loading. And if I’m carb loading, why don’t I just eat pizza ��

IMG_1487 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr

I also managed to grab a glass of bubbly — most likely prosecco. But had to quaff it down as I was running late for the flight and it was annoyingly at C gates.

You build a brand terminal, and yet you can’t get all the gates in one location. I’m not convinced that’s the greatest planning.

IMG_1494 by Globe Trekka, on Flickr

You can find me also on (not so much presence)
YouTube
Instagram

And if you enjoyed this report I'd appreciate support if you'd follow my blog and me on youtube and instagram.
Thanks!!