FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's awfully nice in Nice, BA SIN-LHR-NCE in Y+ and C
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:10 am
SQTraveller

IMG_9871 by Globe Trekka on Flickr

Thanks for waiting. You can find the trip report on my travelling blog.

VIEW THE TRIP REPORT HERE AS WELL
And if you enjoy reading it, please subscribe to my blog by selecting the follow button on the top right hand side. Thanks!!

BA16 SIN-LHR
December 2016
B777
Class: Premium Economy
Estimated duration: 14hr 00mins
Scheduled Departure: 22:55
Actual Departure: 23:34
Scheduled Arrival: 04:55
Actual Arrival: 05:10
Plane registration: G-STBH

IMG_9874 by Globe Trekka on Flickr

This was really annoying. I had enjoyed my buggy ride over to the gate so much that I totally forgot to take a photo of the gate sign. Fortunately security had managed to clear all the passengers early so I was able to pop out, take my photo and then come back through security again. I’m pretty sure the gate security will not be reading this, but if you are, I apologise for making you clear me twice!

As soon as I cleared security, I went to fill up my water bottle. I always bring an empty bottle with me to fill up for the flight. Even if I am travelling in a premium cabin where water is supposed to be handed out frequently.

I don’t want to be the first boarding, especially on a long haul flight. It just isn’t good sitting down for 13 hours. And to sit down earlier than everyone else? Not for me.

This means that I usually one of the last to board, always. In economy it can be difficult to find storage for your cabin luggage but I almost always find space.

Once we got on board, I made my way to seat 24B, which is a premium economy seat. [confession time: this photo is from a previous flight(a380) but its still the same type of seat. My neighbour had already occupied her seat so I didn’t want her to feel awkward with me taking photos of the seat. ]

IMG_9389 by Globe Trekka on Flickr

I quickly put my bags into the overhead compartment – yes, there was plenty of space! And as soon I sat down, the cabin crew started to hand around the drinks. They offer champagne, but frankly I don’t really drink on planes any more, so just stuck with water. They also took the opportunity of a short delay in departure to hand out the dinner menus.

Here is the menu. [For those of you wanting an easy way to scan your photos and not having to use standard scanner, I can recommend Google PhotoScan available on Google Play or iTunes]

BBQC5340 by Globe Trekka on Flickr

There was no explanation for the delay, which was almost half an hour. However, since we are able to use the inflight (ironic given we are on the ground) entertainment before take off, it meant I was able to stuff in 3 movies this flight.

The only interesting part of the take off, was the captain’s pre take off announcement that the plane was close to Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW) and would have to speed down the runway which might result in a bit of a bumpy take off.

My seat is over the wing, so we got a good earful from the engine, but really I didn’t notice any more bumps on take off than normal.

For lunch I went for the Bacon and sage-stuff chicken. To be perfectly honest, I couldn’t really detect any stuffing. I could taste the bacon and the sage,I just question whether it was stuffing!

IMG_9876 by Globe Trekka on Flickr

After the meal, the lights were dimmed and most passengers went to sleep. I was not too tired, so decided to watch a couple of movies. So for this flight I managed to watch Ghostbusters (**; tries too hard to be funny), Independence Day: Resurgence (**; tries too hard to be the original), Morgan (****; very interesting movie, with a decent twist).

After going through those three movies, I was tempted to start on Star Trek Beyond, but decided to catch some sheep … so off I wandered to the land of nod.

A couple of hours before landing I woke up. After venturing to the toilet, I got back to my seat as they started to increase the lightening for breakfast service. I was pretty worried about the “light meal” being offered for breakfast. I had visions of a croissant or some such item and then gradually starving on the descent. However, when I was offered the full (unhealthy) English, I jumped at the opportunity. Yum Yum!!!

IMG_9878 by Globe Trekka on Flickr

I really hate that I like this so much. The quality is average but it brings back memories of school days! Love it.

After breakfast was served we enjoyed a gentle descent into London Heathrow. Fortunately there wasn’t too much delay so we were on the stand 10 minutes after landing.

Using the automated gates at immigration is supposed to speed up the clearance process but if half of them aren’t working, it clearly doesn’t improve the experience for anyone.

Though by the time I had made it through immigration my bags were waiting for me and off I sped through customs.

I had pre-booked a taxi, and after making a quick call, it was on its way from the holding area about 10 minutes outside Heathrow….

You can find me also on (not so much presence)
YouTube
Instagram

And if you enjoyed this report I'd appreciate support if you'd follow my blog and me on youtube and instagram.
Thanks!!

Last edited by SQTraveller; Jan 28, 2017 at 5:09 am