Priority Pass

A Quick Guide to US Priority Pass Restaurants

A Quick Guide to US Priority Pass Restaurants
Taylor Rains

Priority Pass, is a must-have for frequent flyers. The pass gives access to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide, most of which offer free WiFi, food, alcoholic beverages, comfortable seating, and showers. But, what not quite as many people know is that Priority Pass also gives you free credits for food and drinks at a ton of airport restaurants. Because it can be a pain to manually search for what places participate, here is a quick guide to Priority Pass restaurants around the world that you can get dining credit for.

United States

The United States has 29 restaurants participating in Priority Pass and most offer a $28 credit per person, except for Corona Beach House in Miami and PGA MSP Lounge in Minneapolis. To find these restaurants, enter the airport code into the Priority Pass app and click the appropriate terminal or concourse to bring up the lounge options. Participating restaurants will show up on the list with their own page with information on location, hours, facilities, notes, and conditions.

International

The restaurant perk is more common in the United States than in many other places around the world, but it does make an appearance here and there.

How Do I Get Priority Pass?

Priority Pass is a perk I get from my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card, but you can also get the pass from other cards, such as American Express Platinum (however, as of August 2019 American Express Platinum no longer gives restaurant credits) or Citi Prestige, or by buying an annual membership through Priority Pass itself.

Terms and Conditions

If you have a Priority Pass, these restaurants are an amazing way to get a free (or highly discounted) meal before catching a flight. However, there are strict guidelines that must be understood to avoid any issues.

1. No cash value. The credit can only be used for purchases at the restaurant and cannot be cashed out.
  2. Guests. Depending on the avenue in which you have your Priority Pass (credit card or annual membership), the number of guests also given a dining credit varies. For my Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, I have brought two guests along without fail dozens of times. Each of us got our own credit, which added up nicely.
  3. Same-day boarding pass. To be eligible to receive dining credit, you must be able to present a “boarding pass with confirmed same-day travel.” In my experience, I have never been asked for a boarding pass, so I have been able to eat at the restaurants on departure and arrival. And technically, the conditions do not specify that the boarding pass must be for a departing flight, so if asked, you could use that as your loophole after an arriving flight.
  4. Gratuity and any charges beyond the credit limit. These restaurants offer a maximum credit limit. If you go over that limit, then you are responsible for paying the remaining bill. Furthermore, dining credit cannot be used to tip the waiters, so if you have any leftover after you pay, that cannot be used for gratuity, which must come out of your own pocket.
  5. Plan accordingly. Because this is such a great steal for Priority Pass holders, these restaurants fill up fast, so expect a possible wait and plan enough time to wait for a table, eat, and get to your gate before your flight departs.

1. mvoight

January 16, 2020 at 9:48 pm

Amazing. I looked at the info for the first one
    Guests or PP Pay per visit members would get $28 in credit.. Kind of interesting since PP charges $32 for guests and members with a per visit plan.

2. cordobatim

January 17, 2020 at 5:50 am

People who get Priority Pass via American Express do not get access to these restaurants. Probably worth pointing out.

3. PointsAdams

January 17, 2020 at 5:59 am

Priority Pass vía Amex Platinum no longer gives restaurant credits.

4. radonc1

January 17, 2020 at 6:24 am

Amex issued PP no longer gives it’s cardholders the above described benefit. It should be corrected in the article.

5. shadesofgrey1x

January 17, 2020 at 7:14 am

This list has obviously been recycled aka cut and pasted from an older article. If you go to the priority pass site you will find its out of date.

For example the listing for FLL is no longer valid.

6. DCAFly

January 17, 2020 at 8:16 am

If someone is looking for PP restaurant, it’s a whole lot easier to use the app than to search for some article on flyertalk that has an incomplete list. Honestly.

7. flys2much

January 17, 2020 at 8:26 am

I thought Priority Pass did away with restaurant access for any memberships associated with a credit card. I just looked at my Priority Pass app and there is not a single restaurant available. I have my Priority Pass through AMEX.

8. emcampbe

January 17, 2020 at 8:54 am

Not surprised to see the restaurant benefit being offered more in the US than internationally. That is because the PP lounge network is much stronger internationally than it is locally. So this is likely meant to make up for that.

Something else to know about the restaurant benefit is that some PP holders may not have access. Amex doesn’t participate in the restaurant program any longer, so you only get access to the lounges, not the restaurant credits if that’s how you have your membership . Be careful – and really hope Chase doesn’t copy that.

9. PTK346

January 17, 2020 at 9:30 am

Just to reinforce the above data points, I have PP via AMEX Hilton Aspire. No luck at Bambuza in SEA yesterday.

10. bh22

January 17, 2020 at 9:35 am

I believe the restaurant benefit is not available if you have a “Priority Pass Select” membership, which is what comes from the credit cards you mention. Or does Chase Sapphire have a different deal than those other cards?

11. Taylor Rains

January 17, 2020 at 10:51 am

Chase Sapphire Reserve has the restaurants – and Fort Lauderdale was showing on my app today, as well as all of the others. I did not realize AMEX was no longer offering those when I made the article – sorry for the confusion. I hope Chase doesn’t do away with this benefit either! The article has been updated.

12. Dr.Ells

January 18, 2020 at 1:04 am

Never heard of any of these programs. I’m happy to pay for quality food (if one can find it; otherwise, I’m happy to stay skinny!).

13. CaliforniaSteve

January 18, 2020 at 6:12 am

At SFO, the poke dish at Yankee Pier is decent. The rest of the menu, not so much. And At the Giants place, do NOT get the fries. You basically get oil with a few chunks of potatoes.

Internationally, The Green Market at Changi in Singapore is quite good. Japanese/Korean food that’s consistent and pretty tasty.

14. edgewood49

January 18, 2020 at 4:34 pm

It’s been off for months now