Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass lounge choice

Old Jun 13, 18, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I will be traveling in November from Miami through DFW on the way home. I can choose an earlier flight from MIA with a 3 hour layover at DFW or a later flight with a shorter layover (75 minutes).

Having never been in either airport, would you recommend a priority pass lounge at MIA or DFW? I have researched and it looks like there aren't great options in either place.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Jun 13, 18, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Sounds like you have more choices in Miami vs DFW - question is if you'd be able to hit all the Priority Pass restaurants at Miami.

Miami - you have:
- Air Margaritaville - landside (outside security) at Concourse E (sounds like casual food), you get $28 credit per person
- Viena - landside (outside security) at Concourse E (sounds like a nice Brazilian restaurant), you get $28 credit per person
- Corona Beach House - airside at Concourse D, convenient to AA gates, you get $28 credit per person (Casual food)

DFW - you have:
The Club at DFW (nothing special)
Minute Suites (nothing special)

so by default, sounds like Miami is a better airport to enjoy the Priority Pass restaurants. Question is if you'd have ample time to do so!
Old Jun 13, 18, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Do you have Priority Pass via the Amex Plat? If so, the Centurion Lounge is where you should go.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 13, 18, 8:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
I don't think any of the options are all that great and I wouldn't spend 3 hrs at MIA just to get some free food at an airport restaurant. If you want to leave your destination later, just take the shorter connection and then swing by the Corona Beach House and grab a sandwich or salad and a beer from the to go area. That's a short enough connection I probably wouldn't risk a sit down meal with table service. When I fly out of MIA I usually hang out and drink in the Centurion Lounge and then grab a salad from there for the plane, along with a road beer for the walk, since MIA allows open consumption of alcohol, provided of course it's sold by an airport vendor and in a plastic cup
Old Jun 13, 18, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
krazykanuck - thanks for the input - good to know for future trips via MIA! I was just there a few weeks ago (had a 4 hour layover from Madrid), spent most of my time at the AA Flagship Lounge (which was very nice), then walked over to Centurion to check it out since I'd never been. Walked by Corona Beach House, but didn't think about getting to-go salad for the plane and a to-go drink (and I had eaten enough at the Flagship Lounge). I was traveling with the parents and we were not in the mood for a sit down restaurant (and didn't want to deal with the stress of going through security again), so didn't go to Viena or Margaritaville.
Old Sep 14, 18, 11:19 am

Programs: AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer View Post
Sounds like you have more choices in Miami vs DFW - question is if you'd be able to hit all the Priority Pass restaurants at Miami.

Miami - you have:
- Air Margaritaville - landside (outside security) at Concourse E (sounds like casual food), you get $28 credit per person
- Viena - landside (outside security) at Concourse E (sounds like a nice Brazilian restaurant), you get $28 credit per person
- Corona Beach House - airside at Concourse D, convenient to AA gates, you get $28 credit per person (Casual food)

DFW - you have:
The Club at DFW (nothing special)
Minute Suites (nothing special)

so by default, sounds like Miami is a better airport to enjoy the Priority Pass restaurants. Question is if you'd have ample time to do so!
Anyone know if Air Margaritaville or Vienna are really checking for departing boarding passes? I have several flights landing in MIA this year including a red eye and would love a nice breakfast on the way out as I have a few hours to kill after arriving.
Old Jun 16, 19, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by lisah101 View Post
Anyone know if Air Margaritaville or Vienna are really checking for departing boarding passes? I have several flights landing in MIA this year including a red eye and would love a nice breakfast on the way out as I have a few hours to kill after arriving.
Would also like to know this.

So if I get there early , its worth doing Air Margaritaville or Vienna first and then grabbing some to go food for the flight from Corona ?

Search this Thread