Reload this Page >

LGW London Gatwick lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW London Gatwick lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow LGW London Gatwick lounges

This thread begins with a overview of London Gatwick's departure lounges. You can book your spot ahead of time via the Gatwick website or via Executive Lounges, Holiday Extras, or No1 Lounges websites. It is worth comparing the results of each booking channel as prices and stay durations can vary from one to the next. Some channels such as No1 bundle in fast track security. The prices indicated below are based on adult rates quoted by the Gatwick website. Discounts for children, aged 2 to 11 and senior citizens may also be available.
Legend:
DP = DragonPass accepted
EL = Executive Lounge (Swissport) accepted
PP = Priority Pass accepted
£ = single visit pre-booking service available (and recommended)

Opening hours subject to change (times correct as of January 2018)

Gatwick South Terminal
Club Aspire

Airside, mezzanine level. Open 05:00 to 21:00
£27.50 when booked in advance (£24.50 Senior citizens aged 65+, £19.50 Child aged 2-11)
DragonPass and Priority Pass accepted

My Lounge

Airside, mezzanine level. Open 04:30 to 22:00
£24.00 when booked in advance
DragonPass and Priority Pass accepted

No1 Clubrooms

Airside, mezzanine level. Open 05:30 to 20:00
£38.00 when booked in advance or £50.00 at the door

No1 Lounge

Airside, entrance between Dixons and JD Sports. Open 04:00 to 22:00
£32.00 when booked in advance or £40.00 at the door
American Express Platinum, DragonPass and Priority Pass accepted

Gatwick North Terminal
Club Aspire Lounge

Airside lounge pavilion. Open 04:30 to 20:45
£24.99 when booked in advance
American Express Platinum, DragonPass, Executive Lounges and Priority Pass accepted (no pre-booking)

My Lounge

Airside lounge pavilion. Open 04:30 to 14:00 (06:30 to 20:00 during summer schedule)
£24.00 when booked in advance

No1 Clubrooms

Airside lounge pavilion. Open 06:30 to 15:00 (until 18:00 during summer schedule)
£38.00 when booked in advance or £50.00 at the door

No1 Lounge

Airside lounge pavilion. Open 04:00 to 22:00
£32.00 when booked in advance or £40.00 at the door

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 4, 2019 at 1:55 pm Reason: Add Club Aspire South Terminal
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Is it worth me pointing out that for Priority Pass members who get turned away from the No1 @ LGW south due to the frequent overcrowding there is another PP option albeit it's not actually a lounge?

For those who don't know I'm talking about "The Grain Store" which is a bar/restaurant. They'll give you a £15 credit per person if you show a priority pass on the way in...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
For those who don't know I'm talking about "The Grain Store" which is a bar/restaurant. They'll give you a £15 credit per person if you show a priority pass on the way in...
Good point. DragonPass card holders also receive 25% off food and beverages at:
  • Wonder Tree, South Terminal (airside)
  • Apostrophy, South Terminal (airside)
  • Giraffe, South Terminal (landside)
  • Joes Coffeehouse, South Terminal (landside)
  • Comptoir Libanais,, North Terminal (airside)
  • Garfunkel's, North Terminal (airside)
  • Eat, North Terminal (airside)
  • Shake-a-Hula, North Terminal (airside)
  • Armadillo, North Terminal (airside)
  • Nicholas Culpepper Pub and Dining, North Terminal (airside)
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:12 am

Sorry, never done LGW North since I've had PP but looks like I'm flying EasyJet for business next week

Which lounge in Gatwick North is best for a 5.30am hot breakfast? From looking at the respective websites I'm guessing Aspire will be best for bacon and eggs type fare?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Sorry, never done LGW North since I've had PP but looks like I'm flying EasyJet for business next week

Which lounge in Gatwick North is best for a 5.30am hot breakfast? From looking at the respective websites I'm guessing Aspire will be best for bacon and eggs type fare?
In terms of easy access for food, it's probably the Aspire lounge, yes. No 1 also does hot breakfast items but the portion size and ordering process is somewhat off putting, there is a buffet of continental items. MyLounge has a buffet but I think it's just porridge as a hot item and it's not where you should be heading. To be honest the better option for a full English breakfast is in the restaurants/pubs area rather than the lounges, though that will come at a price.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Thinking of using No1 lounge at Gatwick South for breakfast before flying in the morning (mid-week 10am flight, just before easter). Any idea on whether I should pre-book or if it is likely to be walk-in availability? Staying at the Hilton attached to the airport overnight but booked a non-breakfast fare! We have DragonPass and PP between the two of us.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
LGW South Options?

I've got a flight on Air Europa from LGW next week and no Skyteam status so wonder if the No. 1 lounge was worth it or if it was best to just go to Grain Store Café and take the credit? The pictures I saw seem meh, but I suppose it's better than the terminal.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Depends if you are hungry or not I suppose! If you are in the lounge at an offpeak period it's fine, it beats sitting outside JD King of Trainers, even if several notches below the standard of the BA lounge. If it's a peak period and you want food then I'd go to the Grain Store.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:14 am

I suppose it will just depend on how much time I have. Probably grab some food and if I have some time after will head over to the lounge.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:29 am

Just to let you know that the No1 at LGW south tends to get busy at peak times. When it is busy they turn Priority Pass holders away unless they've pre-booked.

You can pre-book on the No1 website to guarantee entry but it costs £5...
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:39 am

So to report back, I did my plan as stated above but the lounge was packed when I first tried to go in around 14:30 but cleared out enough in about 40 minutes for me to get in. I had a few hours to kill so not a huge deal.

I didn't realize that a PP entry grants you a choice of an a la carte menu in the No 1 Lounge. It looked pretty good from what I saw around but having just eaten, I wasn't too interested.

If I had to do it again, I'd reverse the order and try and get into No 1 first and just eat there and then use Granary Store as my backup.

That said, the Granary Store burger was pretty good and definitely a good deal to end up with a 50p bill for a burger and water.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I didn't realize that a PP entry grants you a choice of an a la carte menu in the No 1 Lounge. It looked pretty good from what I saw around but having just eaten, I wasn't too interested.
I've only entered this lounge as a J passenger, but I think everyone gets to order one item from the menu, emphasis on "one".

My experience has been that the hot dishes available are not very substantial, what might be called "lounge portions", whereas I expect the Grain Store to serve a proper sized meal (if that's what is ordered).
Old May 11, 2018, 12:03 pm

Does anyone know how busy the North No1 Lounge/My Lounge typically are, especially given that the Aspire Lounge is currently closed for refurbishment? I'll be travelling on a Friday afternoon if that makes much of a difference.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:53 pm

No. 1 is a fairly busy lounge at the best of times, and Friday would be a peak day in the summer period. MyLounge usually isn't too bad, there usually are seats available, but it is a lower spec provision, and perhaps better for those having a brief stop before their flight. With Aspire temporarily closed then there isn't much of an alternative really.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
RE: Grain Store at LGW.

Does anybody here know if they require a departing BP--or could you use the lounge on arrival as well?

FWIW, the access rules for the restauran on the PP.com website state: "Cardholders must present a valid Card and Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel before placing an order."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.