Search

LGW London Gatwick lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by 1flyer
RE: Grain Store at LGW.

Does anybody here know if they require a departing BP--or could you use the lounge on arrival as well?

FWIW, the access rules for the restauran on the PP.com website state: "Cardholders must present a valid Card and Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel before placing an order."
In theory, outside the US you are supposed to have a boarding pass for a departing flight. In practice, it might work. See more here:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/pri...ge-on-arrival/
1flyer likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by 1flyer
RE: Grain Store at LGW.

Does anybody here know if they require a departing BP--or could you use the lounge on arrival as well?

FWIW, the access rules for the restauran on the PP.com website state: "Cardholders must present a valid Card and Boarding Pass with confirmed same-day travel before placing an order."
Hi,

LGW has separate departures and arrival routes ( ie after arrival you will be sent towards immigration ( if arriving from outside the UK) baggage reclaim and customs and you do not go near the departures hall where the Grain store is. You would need a departing boarding pass to go through transit security to get to the lounge.

Regards

TBS
1flyer likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Just to let you know that the No1 at LGW south tends to get busy at peak times. When it is busy they turn Priority Pass holders away unless they've pre-booked.

You can pre-book on the No1 website to guarantee entry but it costs £5...
does it still come with fast track security?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tmoore4000

does it still come with fast track security?
It did last time I booked it, but that was about 4-5 months ago.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bummer seems price for this has gone up
signatureeliteclass.com/locations/london-gatwick
might consider if paying longhaul F though
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
What would be the best option for a mid-day visit? No1 or My Lounge?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
For my sins, the RC family are flying with TUI on Good Friday to Cancun. Apparently with their 'premium' seats we get access to the No.1 Lounge in the north terminal.

From what I've read, it looks like it's a pretty busy lounge. Can anyone suggest a good time to be in there by to have a reasonable chance of seats for the 4 of us? Flight is 9.40am and I'd prefer not to be in there at the crack of dawn if possible!

Data point - the last time we went to CUN from this terminal at Easter we were in the old BA lounge and that was rammed as well, so trying to avoid a repeat experience!

thanks
RC
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:43 am

Gatwick south lounge, which one?

Hi my wife and I will be travelling alone for the first time for our anniversary. We are flying from Gatwick south and I would like to book a lounge, I have never booked one before so which one would you recommend and what’s the cheapest (best) way to get it. Money is very tight so looking for best deals. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Is it worth me pointing out that for Priority Pass members who get turned away from the No1 @ LGW south due to the frequent overcrowding there is another PP option albeit it's not actually a lounge?

For those who don't know I'm talking about "The Grain Store" which is a bar/restaurant. They'll give you a £15 credit per person if you show a priority pass on the way in...
A friend and I had a nice glass of Malbec each and a plate of savoury Chinese buns using the £15pp credit at LGW a few weeks ago. It made me wonder - do the Grain Store sell anything one could seal (or ask to be sold unopened) and take on one's flight? If a couple were flying economy a bottle of prosecco might help to pass the time, especially if it were essentially free!
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Bumping the LGW discussion. Looking ahead to Feb of 24. We have a 7 am LGW arrival on B6 and an 1150 departure on U2. Both at North. Considered the Yotel (at South) for a nap, but since it's landside, might not be the best option. What's the most comfortable pay lounge at North? Breakfast and booze being secondary to comfy seating in this instance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.