Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: Plat Delta
Originally Posted by scoow
For those who love SPANX and those who want to try them... 20% discount on the company's entire product line at www.spanx.com during October.
Enter code (must type exactly): Louis
Wow, thanks!!!!
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Thanks

I just tried a spanx order for the first time--I am so loving the bra....figuring out how many more to order...

I get the BEST shopping tips from this forum! Thnaks!
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I usually never wear pantyhose unless I am going to be out in the cold, or like SkiAdcock says, working a trade show. Wearing support hose while working a trade show can be a life saver. Try it and you will be amazed at the wonderful difference it can make. This also applies to a weekend or cruise where you may be doing marathon dancing, night after night after night, in a row.

There are also occasions where my dance outfits demands a particular pair of stockings. I have one pair that is dark on the outside and light on the inside of each leg. They are pretty interesting and terrific for tango. I have fun at the Rack or Saks Off 5th, buying trendy specialty hose to jazz up dance outfits. Some of those cost as much as $50 each originally but can be picked up for $3.00 or $4.00 each after all of the normal people decide they are too far out for them. Way too much fun for me.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:52 pm

Shapings.com is a great place to buy european pantyhose. Lots of Sheer to Waist kinds with good reinforced toes.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA
Most nylons seem so short-lived to me that it seems best to think of them as disposable. That said, the longest-lasting (weeks, months) pairs that I have bought have been from Casual Corner.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 6:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
I read this thread with interest as I have not worn panty hose in years other than tights in the winter...was shocked to see that so many women still wear them. It was a liberating feeling when I gave them up.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 9:15 am
Suspended

Whoa !
Man enters thread by accident, backs out slowly and closes the door very very gently behind him !
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:59 am
nam

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by gretchendz
I just tried a spanx order for the first time--I am so loving the bra....figuring out how many more to order...

I get the BEST shopping tips from this forum! Thnaks!
You're right! I also just tried them and you can't beat them for comfort. Thanks all for the great tips on this forum.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: mileage plus, skymiles, marriot silver, starwood plat, priorty club, hilton honors
I tried spanx this summer and I was miserable! Maybe I had the wrong size or style. I may give them another try with the discount....thanks for the info!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:15 pm
JHV

Programs: UA 1K, AS, *wood, DL
Wolford

My favorite stockings are Wolford. I like Logic and Synergy styles. They can be purchased at Nordstroms and on ebay or in boutiques in the States and Europe. They are pricey but they wear very well. The waist bands are comfortable. Most pantyhose, tights, etc irritate my skin especially in the winter. These don't.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by scoow
For those who love SPANX and those who want to try them... 20% discount on the company's entire product line at www.spanx.com during October.
Enter code (must type exactly): Louis
Thanks for the promo code. I just bought the trouser socks without a band at the top for my mother. She always complains about the tight elastic at the top which leaves a "dent" in her leg. I hope these will not do that. They will make good stocking stuffers. ^
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dknyc01
I tried the Spanx full length hose and while I can tell you the tummy control part is great (as per all Spanx), I got a run on the second wearing!! My toe went right through...

Argh - for $25 I expected more. It's hopeless I think
I had high hopes for Spanx as I've "filled out a bit" after months on the road... but I was very disappointed. Yes the control part is great but I got a hole at the waistband on the first wearing and run at the crotch on the second. I'm VERY careful with my hose - I'm generally the one who can make the same pair last for months. I bought mine at Nordie's Rack so they were only about $15... but still thats just nuts! My DKNY from Ross do almost as well control wise and last several wearings for about $5.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 9:11 am

Spanx - Hose - Tights

Hi! I am new to this forum, but wanted to mention my experience with British "Tights" from Marks & Spencer's.

They seem to last forever! and you can get them in different denier (how sheer they are). They can snag, but not what I would call easily and mine have never done embarassing sprint up or down the leg! Personally, I can live with a little snag after a long day.

I have not tried Spanx was wanting to find out if they last - so sad to hear the $28 price doesn't mean they last longer than any other typical panty hose.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I just had a pair of Dress Barn pantyhose that lasted almost 20 uses! I was astonished they lasted so long!
Old Sep 6, 2008, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
L'eggs Shear Energy last a very long time.

Thanks to the advice I got on this thread, 6 months of the year I am without pantyhose.

You all have saved me a ton of money.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.