Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I seem to have that problem a lot too, both with pantyhose and knee highs.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Silver, Eurostar CarteBlanche
Owlchick, Your 2 pairs of one legged pantyhose trick was something my grandmother did!! I only tried that once....it is a bad idea when both pairs are control top.
Now I wear thigh highs, for reasons of economics rather than 'sexy'. One leg gets a run, just pop another on. Not as many issues with length either.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by GalleyGal
Owlchick, Your 2 pairs of one legged pantyhose trick was something my grandmother did!! I only tried that once....it is a bad idea when both pairs are control top.
Now I wear thigh highs, for reasons of economics rather than 'sexy'. One leg gets a run, just pop another on. Not as many issues with length either.
I read about this trick in a magazine years ago. You're right, though, never try this with control tops!

How do you get thigh highs to stay up? I used to wear them, but every time they'd start sliding down my leg and I'd have to stop wherever I was to pull them back up.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:59 am

If I MUST I usually end up wearing Microfibre tights (light beige and black are my staples) they are pretty lightweight ~ a thing I do when wearing hose or tights is wear another pair of panties on the outside (yup, one pair under & one pair over), it just seems to help with comfort and creep.

I have used the 2 pairs of hose trick for covering up a run....

I cannot count how many times I have put my fingers through fishnet stockings....
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by YYCWoMaN
I cannot count how many times I have put my fingers through fishnet stockings....
A couple of weeks ago one of the women in the office was wearing fishnets with boots and a short skirt...and the fishnet had rips in it. I almost said something, but figured it might have been part of the look she was actually going for.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Fishnets are so whoreish.

Personally, I just wear a great tan when I travel
Old Sep 1, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, QF (currently some base metal), LH, Star Alliance, CSA
"Favourite pantyhouse" is, if I have the correct term, an oxymoron. Or a contradiction in terms. Sainsbury's home brand tights if I really, REALLY must, otherwise trousers.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hertz
As a less-than-thin woman, for years I struggled gamely into pantyhose first thing in the morning, then sometime mid-day if traveling. Then I found Talbott's store brand! I have no idea what they put into them.. but the control top controls AND I get several uses out of each pair.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:13 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FlyerTalk GA_NanD.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by BraniffLuvr

Personally, I just wear a great tan when I travel
If you wear them correctly (without rips, for example), fishnets are really great. When I lived in Seattle, I used to wear them with boots and a long skirt, so you'd only see a glimpse of them. I'd certainly consider them perhaps provocative.

And right now they'd be way more comfortable than any other kind of hosiery!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by BraniffLuvr
Sometimes that's the look one is going for .... but probably not a good idea for business or traveling.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:05 pm

I love Hanes pantyhose, and for my upcoming trip to Europe I will def need to buy a new pair. I was browsing the web today and saw that Lord & Taylor has the ones I am looking for.(Hanes, Rib Texture) While I am there, I think I'll look around for some cute winter jackets, I love the ones I saw online.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Wolford, all around best pantyhose I have ever bought. I cannot remember ever getting a run in them. Since they are expensive, I always check the marked down section of the hosiery department when in Europe. I have gotten some really good deals this way. I also found some end of season at Saks for a good price.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by SocietyFlyGirl
Wolford, all around best pantyhose I have ever bought. I cannot remember ever getting a run in them. Since they are expensive, I always check the marked down section of the hosiery department when in Europe. I have gotten some really good deals this way. I also found some end of season at Saks for a good price.
Really? I don't think I've ever bought a pair of pantyhose in Europe, but I will give it a look for sure. My trip is next week and I still have so much to do, I am hoping to get a pair of boots from Lord & Taylor, they're having a signature sale that I just can't pass up. Apparently... its already pretty cold in Europe and I am totally not prepared for that. NOH!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL, AA
For those who love SPANX and those who want to try them... 20% discount on the company's entire product line at www.spanx.com during October.
Enter code (must type exactly): Louis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.