Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by emma69
I thought tights and pantyhose were interchangable words, ie mean the same thing.
In the UK yes, in the US (at least my part of it) no. To me pantyhose are the sheer, easily destroyed item that you wear once and get a run in, whereas tights are opaque and made out of thicker, less fragile material. I also wear tights a lot in winter, but they aren't always suitable for every outfit.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by lili
This is amazing, since I think you can no longer buy pantyhose in California. It's been several years since I've seen any in Ross or TJ Maxx or on anyone. .
Try Safeway - as rarely as I wear hose, I'd get a pair there, if I got a second wearing out of them 6 months later, it was a bonus.

Originally Posted by lili
I'm in favor, but PH seem to be out. Recently got open-toed heels to wear with pants for several events and was advised going bare was de rigueur. I thought a black or nude knee high would have been more comfy and attractive, but was voted down. Think a basic opaque black trouser sock would have looked just as good and been much more comfy.
Who votes down what you put on your feet?

I agree, hose would be more attractive with heels if this was a dressy event.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 7:50 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
My favourite basic hose is Hanes because they are priced right (especially at their outlets), are relatively easy to find in most places and have the right amount of coverage (i.e. sheer but still look like you're wearing hose).

My personal preference is stockings with garter as I hate the extra time it takes to tuck everything back into place smoothly and carefully (to not rip regular hose) after using the loo. However good garters have metal parts and therefore not security friendly so I've been going back to full hose and sometimes thigh-highs for travel.

I travel with a few 8" strips of velcro (soft loop side only) to cover any uncovered strips on the back of chairs and under the seats to help minimize snagging casualties. I have lost too many stockings and pashminas to back of seat velcro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.