Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

How do you not feel gross during/after flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you not feel gross during/after flights?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by Aakshitaa
Hi Ladies,
talking about moisturizer.. i thought we arent allowed to take any liquid on flight..
i wanted to take those mini perfumes- like those sampler size, a mascara, lotion, lipstick or gloss whatever is allowed..
There are many solid form lotion sticks available made of coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax and other natural oils that won't count towards the liquid limit. Same for solid form fragrances that glide on your skin.
Old May 2, 2014, 10:28 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I usually have luck with bringing sample-sized single-use manufacturer sealed packets of products I need. Just don't bring an entire ziplock full of them. Sometimes a schmear of petroleum jelly in saran wrap tucked into my purse helps with lips, hands, cuticles and cheeks.

My kid cousin just suggested I borrow her pink plastic lip balm ring I think she got it in a drugstore.

Last edited by tcl; May 2, 2014 at 10:30 am Reason: Added kid's suggestion.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have small tins of Burts Bees cuticle cream & hand salve in my bag and have never had to declare them as liquids. I don't love them all the time and have "real" lotion in my 3-1-1 bag too, but they're a nice back up. (well, I love the cuticle cream but it has a fairly limited application) I've had shea butter sticks and they're fine as long as you are in COOL environments. Leave one in a hot car (or un-air-conditioned hotel room) and they will melt, and they will melt all over your bag, and it will be a mess, and it will stain.

Ask me how I know this So I prefer tins, tubes - things that will contain a mess if needed
Old May 16, 2014, 7:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I take one of those small spritz containers of Evian. Yes, I know, who is dumb enough to buy water for their face? But I have found it really works, keeps my skin hydrated and not greasy!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant
I take one of those small spritz containers of Evian. Yes, I know, who is dumb enough to buy water for their face? But I have found it really works, keeps my skin hydrated and not greasy!
It might be cheaper just to use a small refillable atomizer bottle and mineral water of your choice, or even (gasp) tap water - unless your face can tell the difference!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: none
wipes, lotion and gum because there is nothing worse than stepping off a plane with bad breath and ashy legs
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Fragola
It might be cheaper just to use a small refillable atomizer bottle and mineral water of your choice, or even (gasp) tap water - unless your face can tell the difference!
Well, if the tap water is from the plane loo, you might learn the difference in a way you don't like. Somewhere here on FT are the results of studies done by the son of a FT member on the bacterial content of plane water supplies. No way would I ever put water from the loo faucet on my face!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Well, if the tap water is from the plane loo, you might learn the difference in a way you don't like. Somewhere here on FT are the results of studies done by the son of a FT member on the bacterial content of plane water supplies. No way would I ever put water from the loo faucet on my face!
I read that FT report, although I meant tap water on land.

Should have added to my post....if your face can tell the difference, or your gastrointestinal system or your immune system.

But wait, don't we all use the loo faucet water on our hands?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.