Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flight cancelation

I'm flying with Virgin from CNS to SYD in October and they have just cancelled my direct morning flight and have re-routed me via BNE. I would obviously prefer a direct flight but the next direct Virgin flight lands in SYD to late. Guess they won't move me another airline, but is there any chance of a cash refund? (I'm from the UK so Virgin Aus credit is no use to me). Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:13 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Yes I expect you can easily get a refund to the original form of payment if you call and request it.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by barneyb
..Guess they won't move me another airline....
Have you looked at what other airlines fly CNS SYD non stop at a time you want?
Hint: Qantas & Jetrats
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks all. Virgin wouldn't move me to the direct Jetstar flight at the same time, but have given me a full cash refund and I've booked on the Jetstar flight.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you looked at what other airlines fly CNS SYD non stop at a time you want?
Hint: Qantas & Jetrats
Originally Posted by barneyb
Thanks all. Virgin wouldn't move me to the direct Jetstar flight at the same time, but have given me a full cash refund and I've booked on the Jetstar flight.
You have missed "Jetrats" above - that was not typo!!! Good luck to have that flight still on the same timing in October and good luck with flying on time or at all I would rather go ten times via BNE with VA than once direct on JQ.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Jetstar isn't that bad!
Yes they have 180 (same as BA) and now 188 seat A320s but just pay the bit extra for an exit row seat and it's perfectly acceptable.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by luftaom
Jetstar isn't that bad!
Yes they have 180 (same as BA) and now 188 seat A320s but just pay the bit extra for an exit row seat and it's perfectly acceptable.
I tried them twice... Once they cancelled the day before and offered flight 24 hours later, once they changed schedule from 8:00am to 8:00pm... That was enough for me to say "never, ever..."
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
I think that you were a little unlucky.

I was flying them on average once a week for 3.5 years and never had anything more irritating than a handful of a ~2 hour delays (although I admit was lucky).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.