FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Australia | Velocity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity-682/)
-   -   Flight cancelation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-australia-velocity/1865609-flight-cancelation.html)

barneyb Sep 7, 2017 2:10 am

Flight cancelation

I'm flying with Virgin from CNS to SYD in October and they have just cancelled my direct morning flight and have re-routed me via BNE. I would obviously prefer a direct flight but the next direct Virgin flight lands in SYD to late. Guess they won't move me another airline, but is there any chance of a cash refund? (I'm from the UK so Virgin Aus credit is no use to me). Thanks

CPMaverick Sep 7, 2017 2:13 am

Yes I expect you can easily get a refund to the original form of payment if you call and request it.

Mwenenzi Sep 7, 2017 3:43 am

Originally Posted by barneyb (Post 28786930)
..Guess they won't move me another airline....

Have you looked at what other airlines fly CNS SYD non stop at a time you want?
Hint: Qantas & Jetrats

barneyb Sep 8, 2017 2:22 am

Thanks all. Virgin wouldn't move me to the direct Jetstar flight at the same time, but have given me a full cash refund and I've booked on the Jetstar flight.

vbroucek Sep 8, 2017 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 28787072)
Have you looked at what other airlines fly CNS SYD non stop at a time you want?
Hint: Qantas & Jetrats

Originally Posted by barneyb (Post 28791376)
Thanks all. Virgin wouldn't move me to the direct Jetstar flight at the same time, but have given me a full cash refund and I've booked on the Jetstar flight.

You have missed "Jetrats" above - that was not typo!!! Good luck to have that flight still on the same timing in October and good luck with flying on time or at all :D I would rather go ten times via BNE with VA than once direct on JQ.

luftaom Sep 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Jetstar isn't that bad!
Yes they have 180 (same as BA) and now 188 seat A320s but just pay the bit extra for an exit row seat and it's perfectly acceptable.

vbroucek Sep 19, 2017 3:40 am

Originally Posted by luftaom (Post 28832193)
Jetstar isn't that bad!
Yes they have 180 (same as BA) and now 188 seat A320s but just pay the bit extra for an exit row seat and it's perfectly acceptable.

I tried them twice... Once they cancelled the day before and offered flight 24 hours later, once they changed schedule from 8:00am to 8:00pm... That was enough for me to say "never, ever..."

luftaom Sep 19, 2017 8:26 pm

I think that you were a little unlucky.

I was flying them on average once a week for 3.5 years and never had anything more irritating than a handful of a ~2 hour delays (although I admit was lucky).