Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

So Does Virgin America not Notify Passengers of Delays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

I usually fly Delta - and, at the first whiff of a delay, they always send an email notifying of the delay.

I assumed that Virgin America did the same thing, and find myself at SFO with a flight delayed an hour and no warning. Even now, at the airport, no email or text message. At 3 minutes before scheduled departure, no aircraft at the gate which suggests perhaps a late incoming aircraft.

There is really no excuse that I can think if for failing to notify passengers.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I can't see any connection to Virgin Atlantic in this post , so will move it to the VX forum

Nick
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I usually fly Delta - and, at the first whiff of a delay, they always send an email notifying of the delay.

I assumed that Virgin America did the same thing, and find myself at SFO with a flight delayed an hour and no warning. Even now, at the airport, no email or text message. At 3 minutes before scheduled departure, no aircraft at the gate which suggests perhaps a late incoming aircraft.

There is really no excuse that I can think if for failing to notify passengers.
Depends on how long the delay is. If it's under an hour or two, I don't think they send blanket emails. You are able to sign up to be notified by email or phone of your flight status.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by cringle
Depends on how long the delay is. If it's under an hour or two, I don't think they send blanket emails. You are able to sign up to be notified by email or phone of your flight status.
This works and works well, but you need to do it for each flight.

Yes, DL has this covered well in my experience.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:40 am

I normally do get emails from VX when there is a delay. I also receive an alert from the app as well.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Not sure if it applies to your case, but on occasion if you book through a third party (Expedia, cheapo air, etc) they do not forward your contact information to the carrier and if you have not provided a frequent flier profile, the carrier may have no way of reaching it to you. VX typically does a good job of informing everyone of delays. I've even recived a phone call (from a real person) to the number I put in my reservation asking if I could take an earlier flight or different routing as there was a chance I might misconnect with my original itinerary. If you aren't getting a updates about your flight I would double check that your contact info is in the reservation.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Guess Tripit Pro was a good investment?

The email photoed above seems more like a general flights may be delayed message to people traveling through SFO vs a flight be flight delay notice. Even with delays yours may be getting priority over others and not be delayed. I assume VX gives higher priority for transcon than shorter flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.