FA tells pilot how to treat pax who tweet

Old Feb 23, 17, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic and Mint fan, AA EXP and CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
FA tells pilot how to treat pax who tweet

It was one of those moments you've also probably had onboard.

You are the passenger awaiting departure and the closure of the door from the departing gate. FA engages in talk with fellow employee in front of aisle of cabin as if no one is there listening. You are invisible or you don't matter. Take your pick.

Recently on LAX to JFK transcon VX F flight, lead FA is telling pilot that she recently encountered one of the airline's social media experts onboard who offered advice on how to handle pax who communicate on social media.

First, its important you know that I am unaware whether she meant to say that it was a VX or AS employee giving instruction, but either way here is the take away.

FA said she was given instructions on how to handle pax who decide to tweet or record an onboard experience in social media.

The advice.

"Mention the passengers full name if they are recording." The take away was explained to the pilot that people tend to shy away from expressing themselves if their full name is given in a recording.

Last edited by cyber1k; Feb 25, 17 at 7:23 am
Old Feb 23, 17, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Seems like good advice.

I'm all in favor of anything that reduces the number of life experiences that are shared publicly.
Old Feb 24, 17, 5:54 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
Seems like good advice.

I'm all in favor of anything that reduces the number of life experiences that are shared publicly.
Ditto!!!
Old Feb 26, 17, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold - ooooh!
So that might work with a recording, but what about tweeting?
Old Feb 27, 17, 2:46 am

Programs: VS, BA, C, C++, IoT
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
Seems like good advice.

So you'll be cancelling your Flytertalk account, then...?
Old Feb 27, 17, 11:17 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jonsg View Post
So you'll be cancelling your Flytertalk account, then...?
Anyone who has read some of my posts knows that most of my comments have nothing to do with my "life experiences."

Search this Thread