FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   So Does Virgin America not Notify Passengers of Delays? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1822844-so-does-virgin-america-not-notify-passengers-delays.html)

BigFlyer Feb 16, 2017 4:18 pm

So Does Virgin America not Notify Passengers of Delays?

I usually fly Delta - and, at the first whiff of a delay, they always send an email notifying of the delay.

I assumed that Virgin America did the same thing, and find myself at SFO with a flight delayed an hour and no warning. Even now, at the airport, no email or text message. At 3 minutes before scheduled departure, no aircraft at the gate which suggests perhaps a late incoming aircraft.

There is really no excuse that I can think if for failing to notify passengers.

Nottingham Nick Feb 16, 2017 4:22 pm

I can't see any connection to Virgin Atlantic in this post , so will move it to the VX forum

Nick

cringle Feb 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 27919495)
I usually fly Delta - and, at the first whiff of a delay, they always send an email notifying of the delay.

I assumed that Virgin America did the same thing, and find myself at SFO with a flight delayed an hour and no warning. Even now, at the airport, no email or text message. At 3 minutes before scheduled departure, no aircraft at the gate which suggests perhaps a late incoming aircraft.

There is really no excuse that I can think if for failing to notify passengers.

Depends on how long the delay is. If it's under an hour or two, I don't think they send blanket emails. You are able to sign up to be notified by email or phone of your flight status.

ptownca Feb 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by cringle (Post 27919553)
Depends on how long the delay is. If it's under an hour or two, I don't think they send blanket emails. You are able to sign up to be notified by email or phone of your flight status.

This works and works well, but you need to do it for each flight.

Yes, DL has this covered well in my experience.

halamadrid Feb 20, 2017 2:40 am

1 Attachment(s)
I normally do get emails from VX when there is a delay. I also receive an alert from the app as well.

brettsir Feb 21, 2017 6:10 am

Not sure if it applies to your case, but on occasion if you book through a third party (Expedia, cheapo air, etc) they do not forward your contact information to the carrier and if you have not provided a frequent flier profile, the carrier may have no way of reaching it to you. VX typically does a good job of informing everyone of delays. I've even recived a phone call (from a real person) to the number I put in my reservation asking if I could take an earlier flight or different routing as there was a chance I might misconnect with my original itinerary. If you aren't getting a updates about your flight I would double check that your contact info is in the reservation.

CDKing Feb 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Guess Tripit Pro was a good investment?

The email photoed above seems more like a general flights may be delayed message to people traveling through SFO vs a flight be flight delay notice. Even with delays yours may be getting priority over others and not be delayed. I assume VX gives higher priority for transcon than shorter flights?