Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Originally Posted by tdb27
I'm sure they will be awful with disputes and unauthorized transactions. VX really should have taken a less sweet deal with a more legitimate bank.
Legitimate, don't make me laugh, all of the banks (BofA, Citi, etc) have been in trouble with the law and been investigated numerous times.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by flyingcat
Legitimate, don't make me laugh, all of the banks (BofA, Citi, etc) have been in trouble with the law and been investigated numerous times.
Comenity is a subprime issuer. I think that's what people are complaining about. Esp with a premium brand like VX.

Edit: Have a look at the T&C: https://d.comenity.net/virginamerica...nditions.xhtml

What's appealing about that?

Compare the latest Barclays HA WEMC to this offering by VX.

Last edited by patrick.barnes; Jan 6, 2014 at 4:04 pm
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:55 pm

Application Link now on VA website

Looks like the application link is now live on the VA website. I will probably go for the $149 card. What are the chances they increase the incentive to sign up from 15-20K Elevate points anytime soon? I don't have a great sense of what card issuers do in this case. They presumably know a large number of affinity customers will sign up right away..so why goose the incentives early on?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Thanks for the heads up. I just applied for the Premium.

Got a 7k limit and 15.98% APR (I pay it off every month).

Woot.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:40 am

I was a former VX Barclay card holder. Do you think its worth it to see if I get an email with the additional incentives (as in one offering 15k/20k) or does it seem like everyone who was going to get an email got one already?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:36 am

Wait for the email

Originally Posted by teo24
I was a former VX Barclay card holder. Do you think its worth it to see if I get an email with the additional incentives (as in one offering 15k/20k) or does it seem like everyone who was going to get an email got one already?
Wait for the email!...I am an Elevate Silver member and had the old Barclays VA card. Today I jumped the gun and applied for the new Premium Card. Was awarded a $25k line and a 15.95% interest rate, with 15,000 Elevate points with $1,000 spend in first 90 days. about an hour after I applied, I received an email offering 25,000 Elevate points with same spend requirements..I called Comenity and asked for the extra...fingers crossed.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:52 am

Will Comenity be able to add the extra points or will we have to go thru VX Elevate people directly? Was going to call VX (or Comenity) and see if they can take care of some extra points since I was a former card holder. Anyone have any ideas of whether VX or Comenity will be the ones to do this?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Pilot05
Wait for the email!...I am an Elevate Silver member and had the old Barclays VA card. Today I jumped the gun and applied for the new Premium Card. Was awarded a $25k line and a 15.95% interest rate, with 15,000 Elevate points with $1,000 spend in first 90 days. about an hour after I applied, I received an email offering 25,000 Elevate points with same spend requirements..I called Comenity and asked for the extra...fingers crossed.
D'oh! I just got the email offering 25k elevate points too. What did Comenity say?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by SoCalZman
D'oh! I just got the email offering 25k elevate points too. What did Comenity say?
Do you have status? I don't currently have status so I'm not sure whether I should get my hopes up or not
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:58 am

Please share link to 25K offer

Hi - would you mind sharing a link to the 25K signup? Maybe it will work for us too.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:58 am

Do you have status? I don't currently have status so I'm not sure whether I should get my hopes up or not
I am a Gold Status member.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:03 am

Conversion of Miles to $$

By what algorithm are they converting miles into $$ with this slider: https://www.virginamerica.com/ads.do

2266 miles = $60 (37.8 miles/$)
74488 miles = $1612 (46.2 miles/$)
Why wouldn't they just use some linear method?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:26 am

For what it's worth, I haven't received an email yet. I was a Barclay's card holder and am a silver elevate member. I don't know what process they're using to go through the solicitations, but I figure I'm likely to be midway or so. (My surname begins with "K" and my statement date was the 12th).
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:36 am

To clarify, I called the service number on my newly-opened VA Visa Premium Card account. 855-871-9842. The first call, the lady was very nice, but transferred me to Virgin Elevate, and nobody picked up. The second call (9842number) to a different lady (also very nice, and maybe a little more confident) sent an email/ noted my account. She completely understood my situation and was going to try and get me the extra 10k elevate points. She said she would call back in 48 hrs. As a first call, I would say friendly custiomer service...Better than Barclays.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:46 am

By what algorithm are they converting miles into $$ with this slider: https://www.virginamerica.com/ads.do

2266 miles = $60 (37.8 miles/$)
74488 miles = $1612 (46.2 miles/$)
Why wouldn't they just use some linear method?
That's not how VX works. They are points. Not miles. The points are worth a certain amount of cash depending on the day of the flight. I believe they have 2 valuations depending on the weekday. Exact values are on the VX FAQ site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.