Search

SFO Clubhouse

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: VX Gold
SFO Clubhouse

Just wanted to comment on the clubhouse at SFO. It's run by Virgin Atlantic, but its accessible by Virgin America flyers so long as its open. The checkin staff have this weird (as in, why?) tendency to direct you towards the Admirals Lounge in T2 when asking about lounge access, but anyhow... I've been to the SFO Clubhouse while flying VX several times and wanted to share with y'all that my experiences there have been truly phenomenal. It's a bit out of the way (as in, take the AirTrain to a different terminal) but its TOTALLY worth it. The service and atmosphere there is amazing and its a great way to pregame (drink, eat, and/or just relax!) your flight. Highly recommended and totally worth the price.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Has it ever been overly crowded when you went?

I tried the club at LAX and when there is a flight for AUS scheduled to go out it is standing room only in there.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: VX Gold
The SFO Clubhouse was not too crowded at all! The number of people is just about right, but there's more than enough seats of different sorts for everyone.

I've had the same experience with the LAX Loft being overcrowded around the Australia flight times, too
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:44 pm

Non-Travelling Guest

I am going to pay the USD 40 and confirmed on FC to LAX. However I would like to guest 2 people who wants to experience the Clubhouse. They are not travelling and since it is outside security, I would like to show them and pay for their entry. Is that allowed for non-travelling guest accompanied by passenger (all paying entry) like we do at Delta SkyClub in SFO? Appreciate feedback.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by mnlfqtv
They are not travelling and since it is outside security, I would like to show them and pay for their entry. Appreciate feedback.
the LAX Loft (clubhouse) is post security so no one is able to access it without going through security first.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by SocalApproach
the LAX Loft (clubhouse) is post security so no one is able to access it without going through security first.
I think the poster is referring to VS Clubhouse at SFO. It is outside security however I believe if the person is not flying on VX you can not purchase a pass for them. Perhaps consider buying a refundable ticket for them?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Where's the SFO Loft? I'm so jealous of LAX...
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
Where's the SFO Loft? I'm so jealous of LAX...
I would take a guess and say in about 7 years when T1 is rebuilt and AA moves out of T2. VX can then take over the AA lounge in T2.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
I would take a guess and say in about 7 years when T1 is rebuilt and AA moves out of T2. VX can then take over the AA lounge in T2.
UGH is all I have to say. Too bad VX cant enter some kind of deal so that we can use the AA lounge.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
It does mystify me why VX did not build their own lounge when T2 was being rebuilt.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Cost I presume. I believe that the airport paid for the buildout of the AAdmirals Club as part of the agreement for AA to move to T2.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by gooseman13
Cost I presume. I believe that the airport paid for the buildout of the AAdmirals Club as part of the agreement for AA to move to T2.
I think promising the lounge space to AA as a concession to get them to move to T2 was also a factor in why VX didn't get to build their lounge there.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:19 pm

SFO lounge use

<deleted>
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:23 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
If VX lasts that long.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by gooseman13
I think the poster is referring to VS Clubhouse at SFO. It is outside security however I believe if the person is not flying on VX you can not purchase a pass for them. Perhaps consider buying a refundable ticket for them?
The only negative thing about the VS Clubhouse at SFO is that it's landside. Otherwise, it's terrific -- great food & drinks, aesthetically pleasing, very friendly staff and it's never been crowded in the four times I've been in there. Being landside is not much of negative, though, as they give you a priority pass for security. You're unlikely to be in the security queue for more than five minutes.

Now, if you use the VS lounge as a VX passenger, then you do have a bit of a hike between the lounge and your gate at T2. I'm not sure if the lounge will give you a priority pass for T2 security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.