Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

VX elevate points not posting - related to upcoming site transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

VX is switching booking engines and expecting some issues during the downtime. Some of my points were not posting, and the online form did not work to post the points. I Called in and she said she could see them in the "queue" waiting to be posted, but there is a delay due to the system transfer and to just give it a few more days.

It has been almost a week and the points have still not posted. Just wanted to caution everyone out there to pay close attention now and especially after the system transfer in case they never get posted.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
I also have the same issue and called yesterday. She said it may take a couple of days for them to get posted.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by malsf1
I also have the same issue and called yesterday. She said it may take a couple of days for them to get posted.
She said give it 24 more hours to me, which has came and gone. It is related to this:

Quote from VX website:http://virginamerica.com/news.do

Travel Advisory for all Guests

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

We’re making the switch to a new reservation platform – an update that will make our booking system and website stronger, faster and all-around better. Although the new Sabre platform will ultimately improve our booking and airport experience, the switch to a new platform will cause some guest inconvenience over the weekend of October 28 – October 30, when we transition from the old system to the new. For those flying or planning to use our website or Call Center during this time, below is some important information about what to expect. We appreciate your patience as we make this transition and continue to improve our Company and your experience on Virgin America.

Bookings, flight information and website (www.virginamerica.com):
Our reservations and booking services will be unavailable for approximately 12 to 24 hours beginning at noon Pacific Time on October 28.

During this time period you will be unable to change flights, check flight status, upgrade, receive Flight Alerts and 24-hour email confirmation reminders, check-in online or make other changes to reservations. All Elevate transactions and account information will also be unavailable.

Flight status on our website and Flight Alerts will be unavailable October 28 – October 30. To stay up-to-date on flight schedules during this time, visit www.flightview.com. Flight Alerts will also not migrate to the new system. Any guests who signed up to receive Flight Alerts will need to re-submit their Flight Alert request after the cutover is complete around midday on October 29.
We encourage all guests who need to access Elevate information, book flights or make changes online, to do so before October 28 or after October 30.

Although our Call Center will be additionally staffed and open 24 hours a day October 28 – October 30 to answer questions, Call Center teammates will be unable to access the reservations system during a 12 to 24 hour period beginning at noon Pacific Time on October 28. During this time period, you will be unable to change flights, check flight status, upgrade, check-in online or make other changes to reservations.

You may also experience extended Call Center hold times due to high call volume.

If you’d like to make routine changes or bookings via the Call Center, we encourage you to do so before October 28 or after November 4. Alternatively, changes can be made online via our website after October 29. If you have a general question, you can also contact us via Twitter by following @VirginAmerica and sending us a Direct Message: twitter.com/virginamerica.
Airports:

If you booked directly through our website or Call Center and are traveling October 28 – October 30, you will receive more information via email about what to expect at the airport – including the following:
Please allow extra time for longer lines at airport check-in. Check-in kiosks and online check-in will be unavailable so we encourage travelers to arrive at least two hours before scheduled departure times October 28 – October 30.

From the morning of October 27 through midday on October 28, we are encouraging guests to avoid longer lines by using online check-in for October 28 flights, however, guests who use our online check-in during this time will be unable to upgrade or check bags online. Guests will still be able to check baggage at the airport and have the option to upgrade onboard the aircraft via the Red entertainment system’s upgrade options (subject to seat availability).
Flight status on our website and Flight Alerts will be unavailable for 12 to 24 hours starting at noon Pacific Time on October 28, so we recommend that you stay up-to-date on flight schedules at www.flightview.com.

Fee waiver for those who wish to change flights October 28 - October 30:
If you have a confirmed flight booked directly through Virgin America for travel between October 28 – October 30, you may change your travel date to any date through November 15, 2011 (excluding October 28 – October 30), without paying change fees or the difference in fares – for travel between the same cities and within the same cabin of service (subject to seat availability). You can also cancel flights with no fee and receive credit toward future travel or a full refund. Changes and cancellations of reservations must be made prior to October 22, 2011 by calling 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN ( 1.877.359.8474 ).*

Special advisory for guests who purchased flights through travel agents/third parties: Travel agents and third party sites like Expedia or Travelocity have been notified and issued waiver codes by Virgin America. If you booked in this way, please be in touch with the site you booked through for more details on your flight and any changes. Guests who booked through Orbitz can contact Virgin America directly.

Special advisory for travel agents: Travel agencies may use waiver code WX253 in their GDS to re–accommodate impacted guests traveling during the affected time period.
*Any guest calling within the United States has access to a complimentary telecommunication relay service by dialing 711. For more information, go to: http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/telecomm.asp
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Please tell me this new platform will support a mobile site! I still can't believe that "uber-techie" VX doesn't have one.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:27 pm

"ubertchie"?? I don't get that vibe from them at all.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Going on two weeks now and these still have not posted. This is pretty poor CS. Might have to give them a ring again today.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by cringle
"ubertchie"?? I don't get that vibe from them at all.
I see 13 instances of the phrase "tech-forward" on virginamerica.com and about 120,000 Google hits for "virgin america techie". Their Facebook and Twitter followings are outsized. Their home hub is in Silicon Valley's backyard. Tech is clearly part of the VX corporate identity and their lack of a mobile presence contradicts that.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:18 am

Well, they can say it all they want.....I can say "Meow, Meow" all day. Doesn't make me a cat.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by cringle
Well, they can say it all they want.....I can say "Meow, Meow" all day. Doesn't make me a cat.
Then I think we're on the same page. Their reputation is not quite aligned with reality.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA, SPG GLD, DL FO, VX, UA, US, ICH, Hyatt, Avis Pref.
I cancelled a flight and requested a full refund due to their upcoming tech migration. Although their Travel Advisory said I was entitled to one, their phone rep tried to tell me no that I would have to rebook to another date.

Eventually I got her to agree. She said my card would be credit back. I look at my elevate account and see a Virgin America Credit. Grrrr!!! I hope this is just a temporary place for the credit while they process the credit card return.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 4:01 am

virgin refunds have always been annoying. you have to call to do it, it can take longer than the 7-10 days advertised, and sometimes they just don't do it at all, requiring you to call back.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by bstndance
I cancelled a flight and requested a full refund due to their upcoming tech migration. Although their Travel Advisory said I was entitled to one, their phone rep tried to tell me no that I would have to rebook to another date.

Eventually I got her to agree. She said my card would be credit back. I look at my elevate account and see a Virgin America Credit. Grrrr!!! I hope this is just a temporary place for the credit while they process the credit card return.
You're correct. They take about 2 biz days to return the credit information. The rest of the process is on your bank or credit card company, which is why they give you a quote of up to 10 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.