Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gilt City Virgin America Deal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thank the info. I wonder why my order is taking so long..it's been almost 12 hours.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
Thank the info. I wonder why my order is taking so long..it's been almost 12 hours.
I bought a long haul 3-pack also yesterday evening and I still haven't received my codes either.

My dad bought the same deal 3-4 hours after I did and he already received his codes this morning.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
I received my initial confirmation at 10.39am yesterday. The codes were delivered to me at 11.06am. Today I used my first code. It couldn't have been easier to redeem. As detailed in previous posts, you cannot select seats during the booking process. But, once you are booked you can go into the manage flights page and select seats from there. Overall, extremely satisfied with this promotion!!!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The promo code email finally arrived, after 13 hours I purchased last night. Now let's hope it's not too difficult to find these seats.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
I hope they do it again, and sell packages of 2 and 4... a girl can dream.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Yay! Glad I got in on this, got 3 long hauls.

The promo code can only be entered on the first, flight search screen. (or, I couldn't find a place to put it after).

The promo code is ONLY good for a round trip. You must select an outbound and return. You can't break it up and use it as two one ways to different cities.

I couldn't select seats in the purchase flow, but after 'purchasing" for $14 ($7 in taxes each way), I could go to my reservation and select.

I emailed my voucher email to Virgin Elevate to request the elevate points for dollars spent.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA gold
long layover

hi i was wondering if this is possible.
I have a long haul promo code from this promotion
I want to fly
JFK-SFO
spend five hours then fly
SFO-LAS
then fly LAS-JFK a few days later
i can book a ticket this way now because jfk-las flights fly through sfo for most of their flights, however i can only get a two hour layover this way. Any way to stretch that out?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:14 pm

Has anyone gotten their 5x EleVAte points for purchasing this and forwarding them the confirmation email yet?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by diamond404
Has anyone gotten their 5x EleVAte points for purchasing this and forwarding them the confirmation email yet?
Not yet. Still waiting for them!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Gold, SW Gold
I emailed virgin american about this and they said it could take up to 4-6 weeks for the points to post.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Appears as though you need to book at least six days in advance. Even if there are MCS seats available on flights before then, I see no availability until the 31st, for example. Bummer.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by southy1978
I emailed virgin american about this and they said it could take up to 4-6 weeks for the points to post.
With an 8/3 purchase date, this Wednesday (9/14) will be 6 weeks. Looks like they're pushing the posting of the points right to the wall!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by TravelStar
With an 8/3 purchase date, this Wednesday (9/14) will be 6 weeks. Looks like they're pushing the posting of the points right to the wall!
My points showed up today!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
Appears as though you need to book at least six days in advance. Even if there are MCS seats available on flights before then, I see no availability until the 31st, for example. Bummer.
I had no issues booking 2 days in advance
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:45 pm

A select few flights seem to have blackouts. Keep in mind though with MCS, you can actually chance your flights with no penalty fees- sometimes I've found I can book one, and change it to a flight that previous was 'unavailable'.

Wish I bought more of these things. :\

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.