Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gilt City Virgin America Deal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by grt2106
A select few flights seem to have blackouts. Keep in mind though with MCS, you can actually chance your flights with no penalty fees- sometimes I've found I can book one, and change it to a flight that previous was 'unavailable'.

Wish I bought more of these things. :\
Isn't there a $20 fee as you have to make changes via the call center, and can't do it online?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:28 pm

you can make these changes online.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by grt2106
A select few flights seem to have blackouts. Keep in mind though with MCS, you can actually chance your flights with no penalty fees- sometimes I've found I can book one, and change it to a flight that previous was 'unavailable'.

Wish I bought more of these things. :\
There are two MCS fare classes, one has no fee to make a change (and is refundable) and one does.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by cringle
There are two MCS fare classes, one has no fee to make a change (and is refundable) and one does.
Gilt City tickets are Main Cabin Select tickets, not Instant Upgrade to Main Cabin Select (which is merely a Main Cabin Ticket w/ an Upgraded seat and the other perks).
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Gold, SW Gold
Cancellation / Change Fees

For anyone who is thinking about changing or cancelling flights booked using these vouchers, please keep in mind that the only way to change these tickets is by calling the service center and paying a $20 fee. If you try to change the tickets online, the system shows a $75 change fee. We had to pay this fee to change a ticket today. the $20 fee is per itinerary that needs to be changed.

Further, my understanding is that you may lose the value of the voucher if you book and then cancel a flight (versus rescheduling).

From the Gilt T&Cs: Travel may not be cancelled once booked, however booking may be changed by contacting Virgin America’s reservation call center at a cost of $20 per guest per itinerary.

This is confusing because the Virgin T&Cs indicate that there is no change fee and that the fare is fully refundable.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:15 pm

Anyone figure out the complex T&C of changes?

$75 online, or $20 on the phone?

Also despite being R/T's... it appears they don't have to be booked that way via changes.

I am half way through a long haul from LAX to JFK, I can online change the ticket to another LAX to JFK but I'd eat the change fee. I wonder if that can happen via phone center too.

Strange, I wonder if I can book from SFO to LAS, then fly home somewhere else then go SFO to LAX.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Although you cannot book 2 on the same reservation, these certs are transferable. Is it possible to book 2 on the same flight (assuming fare class availability) on 2 separate PNRs?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Although you cannot book 2 on the same reservation, these certs are transferable. Is it possible to book 2 on the same flight (assuming fare class availability) on 2 separate PNRs?
I did that a few months back.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by southy1978
For anyone who is thinking about changing or cancelling flights booked using these vouchers, please keep in mind that the only way to change these tickets is by calling the service center and paying a $20 fee. If you try to change the tickets online, the system shows a $75 change fee. We had to pay this fee to change a ticket today. the $20 fee is per itinerary that needs to be changed.

Further, my understanding is that you may lose the value of the voucher if you book and then cancel a flight (versus rescheduling).

From the Gilt T&Cs: Travel may not be cancelled once booked, however booking may be changed by contacting Virgin America’s reservation call center at a cost of $20 per guest per itinerary.

This is confusing because the Virgin T&Cs indicate that there is no change fee and that the fare is fully refundable.
Does any one know if you do reschedule the return leg, does the return date have to be no later than June 15, 2012? The reason I ask is because the original Gilt T&C for these vouchers says travel must occur between August 15, 2011 and June 15, 2012.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by gojennygo
Does any one know if you do reschedule the return leg, does the return date have to be no later than June 15, 2012? The reason I ask is because the original Gilt T&C for these vouchers says travel must occur between August 15, 2011 and June 15, 2012.
I would imagine you would have to follow the T&C.
I'd imagine an exception -could- be made, as I have a feeling a stockpile of these things are about to start getting used up, and this will cause massive overcrowding in MCS, and thus a lot of vouchers unable to be used strictly on account of the limited availability of seats left.

You'd have to ask VX booking services to be certain.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
edited...nevermind!

Last edited by diamond404; May 3, 2012 at 7:37 pm
Old May 7, 2012, 10:55 am

Everyone,

Please note that it is against the site guidelines to buy or sell coupons here. I have deleted some posts as a result.

Thanks for your understanding.

Aviators99
Virgin America Elevate Forum
Old May 12, 2012, 10:46 am

I think I asked where I could do this. Can you tell me?

Thanks

Originally Posted by aviators99
Everyone,

Please note that it is against the site guidelines to buy or sell coupons here. I have deleted some posts as a result.

Thanks for your understanding.

Aviators99
Virgin America Elevate Forum
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS, SPG
Please PM because I missed the chance to buy these on Gilt City.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:17 pm

And if she passes, PM me or email me ([email protected]) and I'll take them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.