Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Airways asking for volunteers to take $500,000 dollars to give up their seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways asking for volunteers to take $500,000 dollars to give up their seat?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Ok, my guess is this must be some kind of voucher dollars and it's not really USD but points. But still, the amount seems very high.

I was at Atlanta and hearing US Airways agent calling: "anyone willing to give up their seat, we will compensate $500,000" 20 minutes later that amount got raised up to $700,000.... (wasn't my flight, otherwise I would of gone up and asked....)
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A bit of wry humour? A GA would have the authority to offer as much as...(fill in the blank).

As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ ME BEFORE POSTING! Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum!. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Last edited by miamigrad; Aug 2, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: Many
I would take a week's delay for that kind money or points. Find it hard to believe though. Either the GA misspoke or was indeed attempting to be humorous.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:20 pm

how is this $500,000 offer not legally-binding?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Very easily.

I doubt it was points - still too many.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
..."anyone willing to give up their seat, we will compensate $500,000" 20 minutes later that amount got raised up to $700,000....
Geez, no takers at $500,000, eh? Tough crowd.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Karelia
how is this $500,000 offer not legally-binding?
Originally Posted by CPRich
Very easily.
Off the top of my head, the Contract Law principal of unilateral mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.