Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 14, 3:46 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: The US A330-300 [master thread]
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: aztimm
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

The US Airways A330-300

Link to US Fleet page

Link to Seatguru for US A330-300

Envoy:
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across
* Seats A and H have windows and aisle access
* Seats C and F are both in the middle (no windows)

Economy:
* Rows 8 through 40
* Configured in a 2-4-2 pattern (A and H are windows with B/G beside them)
* Exits at row 25

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ew-livery.html

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 4, 11, 6:05 am   #1

The US A330-300 [master thread]

Does the last row on the 330-300 (row 38 in the center or 39 on the sides) have limited recline? Seatguru says "no", but I would like to make sure before I pick this seat. (My thinking is, if it has full recline, it is likely to be the last one taken, therefore the best chance to have an empty seat next to me.)
cdepks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 11, 6:12 am   #2

If you plan on sleeping I would avoid the last couple of rows......lots of noise and light from the galley.
tahitigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 11, 7:03 am   #3

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Agreed. Your profile says you are US Silver Preferred - go for an exit row in advance if you can. If you end up with an empty flight, then move just before push-back to a vacant row.
geo1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 11, 9:50 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1005 View Post
Agreed. Your profile says you are US Silver Preferred - go for an exit row in advance if you can. If you end up with an empty flight, then move just before push-back to a vacant row.
Exit rows unavailable even for preferred on the 330, I think they are reserved for crew rest, unless they open up day of departure.
Old Feb 4, 11, 5:40 pm   #5

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepks View Post
Exit rows unavailable even for preferred on the 330, I think they are reserved for crew rest, unless they open up day of departure.
Where did you get that info? Give the Silver line a call and check. It may be that you have other elites on board that have reserved those seats. I doubt the seats are reserved for crew rest.
ejh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 11, 6:17 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejh25 View Post
Where did you get that info? Give the Silver line a call and check. It may be that you have other elites on board that have reserved those seats. I doubt the seats are reserved for crew rest.
It is true the exit row seats on the A330 are crew rest seats. I would always say try to get a seat mid-way between row 6 and 22, it's much more quite and for those that don't like the bumps less turbulent.
Old Feb 7, 11, 7:15 pm   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahitigirl View Post
It is true the exit row seats on the A330 are crew rest seats. I would always say try to get a seat mid-way between row 6 and 22, it's much more quite and for those that don't like the bumps less turbulent.
Thanks for the info Tahitigirl, is there really that much of a turbulance difference in the back? I never really noticed it. Also, does the last row recline on the 330? Thanks...
Old Feb 7, 11, 10:24 pm   #8

Programs: None
I'd stay away from the last few rows of coach since the legroom is less there. Hopefully that'll improve when the 330's are reconfigured with the new interior.

Jim
Old Feb 8, 11, 6:38 am   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdepks View Post
Thanks for the info Tahitigirl, is there really that much of a turbulance difference in the back? I never really noticed it. Also, does the last row recline on the 330? Thanks...

Yes, there really is a difference. It's pretty cool to when seated on the fwd jumpseat to watch how much the aircraft can bend and flex when it's bumpy. I know that the last row does recline.....slightly. Jim is also correct that there is less leg room in the last few rows.
Old Feb 15, 11, 12:36 pm   #10
Moderator: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security

Programs: US CP, HHonors Diamond, Hertz 5*
The US A330-300 [master thread]

reserving this space for major points about the aircraft, seatguru/airline links, etc.

Please feel free to add any input below and I'll copy/paste it here.
aztimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 11, 4:11 am   #11

Programs: Gold Preferred
Envoy on A333

Took an Envoy flight on Monday night from PHL to MAN on the A333.
We were delayed before boarding then again after boarding... Bathroom issues. There was also a medical issue where they called for the paramedics. We were almost two hours late in leaving.
Nice class of bubbly when we boarded but no refills while we were delayed.
Envoy is a nice set up on this plane but I sure wish I was able to get row one. Seats were a bit uncomfortable for Envoy, though I did get a little bit of sleep.
Dinner service started quickly and was rather nice. Salad and smoked salmon app, the beef for my entree. Very nice raspberry mousse for dessert. Watched half a movie and had to close my eyes for a while.
Worth the miles because I sure didn't want to be stuck in the back but I think I will enjoy the new suite on the 332 on the way home!

Last edited by IzzyL; Jan 22, 12 at 12:04 pm.
IzzyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 11, 3:31 am   #12

Programs: USairways, United, Hilton, Marriott
picture of Row 1?

Does anyone know a link to a picture of Row 1?
Is it worth paying for the upgrade from Envoy?
Thanks
rmswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 11, 6:46 am   #13

Programs: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmswift View Post
Does anyone know a link to a picture of Row 1?
Is it worth paying for the upgrade from Envoy?
Thanks
There are several posts in this thread that indicate it's possible to get row 1 for no extra charge.

Jim
Old Feb 20, 11, 2:20 pm   #14

Programs: EK Gold
Flew economy from MAN to Philly, must say it was very cramped and the seat belt was way too short. Some other passagers complained.

Been on this aircraft before with other carriers and it has been fine.

Flew on to Tampa on A321, the seats were more comfy and the belt was correct. You would expect better comfort on the longer flight.

Have to do this a few time a year. Not sure I will use US Airways again if it continues to use this aircraft.
how long left? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 11, 2:47 pm   #15

Programs: US-CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by how long left? View Post
Have to do this a few time a year. Not sure I will use US Airways again if it continues to use this aircraft.
These birds are cramped due to the type and number of seats they've squeezed into Y. US will be refitting the Y cabin in fall 2011 (competion by summer 2012) with slimline seats that should provide greater space to Y PAX.
DCAorBust is offline   Reply With Quote