Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The nine low MTOW Pratt & Whitney PW4168 engine equipped Airbus Industrie A330-300s had been scheduled for retirement (returned to lessor at end of lease) by late 2018 2021 now due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link). (The A330-200s, with more compatible Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, will continue, however.)

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra are not expected to be installed on the A330-300, at this time. It’s unpredictable if they might be refutted with the extended retirement dates.

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

For the specific thread about the Zodiac Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-300

Envoy / Business:
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites"
* Seats A and H have windows and aisle access, angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Economy:
* Rows 8 through 40
* Configured in a 2-4-2 pattern (A and H are windows with B/G beside them)
* Exits at row 25
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300:
A333 in New Livery

Link to archived older posts (back to 2011) from this thread.

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
lie-flat?

I've trawled through the last few pages, and I oddly don't see this discussed: are the J seats lie-flat or not?

Of course, my flights (CLT-LHR-CLT) aren't until Sep, so I suppose I might have an equipment change by then anyway...
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I've trawled through the last few pages, and I oddly don't see this discussed: are the J seats lie-flat or not?

Of course, my flights (CLT-LHR-CLT) aren't until Sep, so I suppose I might have an equipment change by then anyway...
Yes- all lie flat. Been this way since the US days.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ACA321
Yes- all lie flat. Been this way since the US days.
Great! Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:55 pm

Hi Folks!

Flying an AA 330-300 from LHR to PHL at the end of March. Wondering if you helpful lot could help clarify a few things...

The AA website is helpfully telling me that this flight has wifi on board - I am assuming that this is more than likely a mistake on the AA website....

Also - I'm sitting in the main cabin (economy) - I have searched this thread to find out what kind of power outlets the seats have only to find contrasting answers between economy only having Empower to economy only having USB. Remarkably I cannot find any photos of this plane's seatbacks anywhere online at all to help me figure this bit out.....

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Scott
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by scottnp
Hi Folks!

Flying an AA 330-300 from LHR to PHL at the end of March. Wondering if you helpful lot could help clarify a few things...

The AA website is helpfully telling me that this flight has wifi on board - I am assuming that this is more than likely a mistake on the AA website....

Also - I'm sitting in the main cabin (economy) - I have searched this thread to find out what kind of power outlets the seats have only to find contrasting answers between economy only having Empower to economy only having USB.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance

Scott
The 330-300 will NOT have wifi. No plans on installation before their 'retirement' from the fleet. If you get substituted onto a 330-200 there is a 50/50 chance of wifi. The entire sub-fleet of 200 series is scheduled to be completed before the start of summer flying this year.

In economy/main cabin you will have 1 USB outlet in each armrest.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by onic
If you get substituted onto a 330-200 there is a 50/50 chance of wifi. The entire sub-fleet of 200 series is scheduled to be completed before the start of summer flying this year.
I'm pleasantly surprised that this is still happening. I hadn't heard much about it since the announcement, so I thought it might have slipped off their plans in some cost-saving measure.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by twa777
I'm pleasantly surprised that this is still happening. I hadn't heard much about it since the announcement, so I thought it might have slipped off their plans in some cost-saving measure.
According to the un-official fleet site (which is usually pretty accurate IME), 8 of 15 332's have Wi-Fi. It also appears to finally be happening on the 763's as well.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Row 25?

has anyone flown in row 25? Middle of 8 and 25 are available and not sure which I should take.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Just flew an A330-300 and was surprised to see that the economy cabin has been refreshed just like some of the A320s and A321s. They now have seat coverings that match the traditional AA fleet, and the bulkheads have been updated as well so they no longer have that hideous decal that previously was present and the carpet looked new as well. This is as much of a refresh as they completed.

I was surprised to see any refresh at all considering they are planning to phase these planes out starting in 2018. I am wondering if perhaps they are thinking about postponing the retirement of these planes.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
With the announcement of deploying the A330-300s on PHX-HNL flights, I would suspect they'll stick around longer than originally planned...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
With the announcement of deploying the A330-300s on PHX-HNL flights, I would suspect they'll stick around longer than originally planned...
I must have missed that update because i was not aware. I just did a thread search and a google search to learn more about this change and couldn't find any information. Do you have a link to the A330-300s being deployed on the PHX-HNL route?

Thanks,

JC
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Joe1690
I must have missed that update because i was not aware. I just did a thread search and a google search to learn more about this change and couldn't find any information. Do you have a link to the A330-300s being deployed on the PHX-HNL route?

Thanks,

JC
Starting at post 623
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post28178115
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Joe1690

Thanks,

JC
The 333 will be deployed 1x daily between PHX-HNL from Dec 2017 to Feb 2018.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:01 pm

I'm almost 100% certain they are sticking around for longer now, especially with the further 350 deferral announced today. I'm not sure whether they'll stay in CLT/PHL or be transferred.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Piedmont767
I'm almost 100% certain they are sticking around for longer now, especially with the further 350 deferral announced today. I'm not sure whether they'll stay in CLT/PHL or be transferred.
Really? I can't see why they would need to stick around longer than planned. There are more 789s coming online than the total number of the 333s in the fleet. So it's not as though the deferred A350 order is causing a shortage of widebodies in the fleet. I suppose it comes down to the timings of the necessary heavy maintenance for these airplanes. Plus, they are the only aircraft in the fleet using this engine type, and they also have the shortest range of AA's widebodies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.