Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The nine low MTOW Pratt & Whitney PW4168 engine equipped Airbus Industrie A330-300s had been scheduled for retirement (returned to lessor at end of lease) by late 2018 2021 now due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link). (The A330-200s, with more compatible Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines, will continue, however.)

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra are not expected to be installed on the A330-300, at this time. It’s unpredictable if they might be refutted with the extended retirement dates.

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

For the specific thread about the Zodiac Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-300

Envoy / Business:
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites"
* Seats A and H have windows and aisle access, angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Economy:
* Rows 8 through 40
* Configured in a 2-4-2 pattern (A and H are windows with B/G beside them)
* Exits at row 25
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300:
A333 in New Livery

Link to archived older posts (back to 2011) from this thread.

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

AA Airbus A330-300 / 333 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
If you use Seatguru it tells you that these seats are Main cabin extra but with restricted legroom. They show up yellow on the chart. Another gotcha is on the A321 exit row 22. The seats are 3" narrower. First time I sat in one I didn't check Seatguru and was quite shocked at how narrow they are. Now I always check there before selecting my seat.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tmm1012
To report back, I flew in 8A on Sunday CDG-CLT...8A and B were blocked until 24 hours before departure, at which point I grabbed them. For a daytime flight, these seats were perfect. The bulkhead wall is in front of these seats, but there is much more legroom than a narrowbody A319/320. I'm 5'11" and I could extend my legs almost fully. I could easily get out of my seat without my wife needing to move in 8B. For an overnight flight, the light and noise from the galley may be an issue, but no issue flying westbound from Europe.
Hi,

I am 6'4' and just moved over from the luxury of United E+ with great legroom , even the bulkheads have cutouts so I can put my legs fully out.

Anyway, with AA/US planes I have to always just use Exit rows as NONE of their planes have a cutout on the bulkhead.

I will be flying to UK with my 4 year old, so will not be able to use exit row, did you get a chance to see what the 'preferred ' seats are like behind row 8? I will not be able to put my legs straight on row 8, but can on next row, but I am concerned , as with any standard seat, that I will not be able to get my knees in. Always a catch 22 with AA planes , I am finding - cannot put legs out on bulkhead ' extra' seats, but cannot get knees in a standard seat, hence exit row.

Any help appreciated.

thx
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Hi,

I am 6'4' and just moved over from the luxury of United E+ with great legroom , even the bulkheads have cutouts so I can put my legs fully out.

Anyway, with AA/US planes I have to always just use Exit rows as NONE of their planes have a cutout on the bulkhead.

I will be flying to UK with my 4 year old, so will not be able to use exit row, did you get a chance to see what the 'preferred ' seats are like behind row 8? I will not be able to put my legs straight on row 8, but can on next row, but I am concerned , as with any standard seat, that I will not be able to get my knees in. Always a catch 22 with AA planes , I am finding - cannot put legs out on bulkhead ' extra' seats, but cannot get knees in a standard seat, hence exit row.

Any help appreciated.

thx
Unfortunately, the Legacy US Planes are pretty lame when it comes to 'Preferred' seating. The only that makes those seats 'Preferred' is that they're towards the front of the plane. No extra legroom, no other benefits. So I think row 8 would still be preferable to row 9 - row 8 doesn't have cutouts in the bulkhead, but it is still very decent legroom. 8 A/B and 8 G/H have about 1" extra legroom than 8 C/D/E/F (the middle section is about an inch further forward from the outer sections)...and the bulkhead has much more space compared to narrowbodies (A319/320). Since Row 25 is reserved as crew rest seats, the only seats in Y that have extra legroom are in Row 8.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by simonoaks
So other than some general preferred/ main cabin advise you can give me, could you tell me where I should sit on an A330-300 ?
I'm going to shift this discussion into the extant 333 master thread.

~Moderator
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by TSparky
If you use Seatguru it tells you that these seats are Main cabin extra but with restricted legroom. They show up yellow on the chart. Another gotcha is on the A321 exit row 22. The seats are 3" narrower. First time I sat in one I didn't check Seatguru and was quite shocked at how narrow they are. Now I always check there before selecting my seat.
3 inches? I doubt the difference is more than an inch and a half.

As a point of reference, seat 10A on the LUS A321 is 17.8" wide between armrests and 6B is 18.4" wide.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:39 pm

I've read most of the pages in this thread, but are all of the A333s update with new interior matching the A332s in economy? There strangely are not many recent A333 interior pics online.

Also, apologies if this has been answered before, but do the economy preferred seats on long haul open up to all customers at any point? Looking for a window seat on an upcoming flight, and all 16 rows left are "preferred". :/
Old May 9, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA
Just flew AA 759 ATH-PHL. Main cabin seats had new covers (nice) but everything else appeared the same. Business class had new bulkhead cover.
Old May 9, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by bridge29
Just flew AA 759 ATH-PHL. Main cabin seats had new covers (nice) but everything else appeared the same. Business class had new bulkhead cover.
Do they still have the same small AVOD screens on the Y seatbacks as before (when the seats were grey cloth)? Or are they the large screens that exist on the 332s?
Old May 10, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Do they still have the same small AVOD screens on the Y seatbacks as before (when the seats were grey cloth)? Or are they the large screens that exist on the 332s?
Same small non-responsive screens.
Old May 10, 2016, 3:11 pm

Same small non-responsive screens.
No, thats wrong. The 333s have exactly the same cabins as the 332s with the exception of wall panels and overhead bins which are the older Airbus design. The screens were replaced when the 333s were refur'd in 2011/12.

What bridge29 is referring to is that some interior fixtures like bulkheads and seat cloths have been updated to the AA-design like so:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFE77TFPcT/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFEuqdFPb9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFFEtYlPce/
Old May 10, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Piedmont767
No, thats wrong. The 333s have exactly the same cabins as the 332s with the exception of wall panels and overhead bins which are the older Airbus design. The screens were replaced when the 333s were refur'd in 2011/12.

What bridge29 is referring to is that some interior fixtures like bulkheads and seat cloths have been updated to the AA-design like so:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFE77TFPcT/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFEuqdFPb9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFFEtYlPce/
Sorry, you're right, was confused by the question. The screens are small and non-responsive compared to the newer AA planes.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Sorry, you're right, was confused by the question. The screens are small and non-responsive compared to the newer AA planes.
Define small. Because the AVOD screens on the backs of the 332 Y seats seem pretty big (for an AVOD screen in Y, that is). I haven't flown on a redone 333. But those AVOD screens (the original delivery ones) were pretty small. Kind of like the ones on AA's unrefurbished 772s.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flying this PHL - MAD with the girlfriend (night flight). The cabin is wide-open, it seems like either 3 or 4 would be the best balance of avoiding noise/light from galley/restrooms but not being all the way back towards Y?

Or since it is a nighttime flight are we better off just snagging two window seats around rows 3 and 4 for the additional privacy for sleeping?
Old May 12, 2016, 5:09 pm

Thanks for the clarification on the 333 interior. From the Instagram links posted above, I also see the same user posted a comparison of the 332 vs 333 cabins:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFGDhHlPeN/
Old May 12, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I'd go -- we do go -- with option B (back-to-back window seats).

Go for the starboard side -- on the 332 the front commotion is portside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.