Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Schedule Change: minimum time for refund ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM

I have a schedule change of four hours and I do not like the possibilities. What is the minimum amount of hours is needed for a full refund on a non refundable ticket ? Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I have a schedule change of four hours and I do not like the possibilities. What is the minimum amount of hours is needed for a full refund on a non refundable ticket ? Thanks
strictly speaking the refund on schedule change is no longer in the UA CoC. The discretion to do a refund is up to UA. That said, others have been successful with changes less the 4 hours -- YMMV.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:57 pm

If you're looking to get out of it and want a refund a polite but firm telephonic request to cancel for a 4 hour connection should be approved, no questions asked. If you simply want to book something more convenient do the same thing.

Good Luck!!!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, Hilton Diamond
schedule change rules

hey, I can't seem to find the rules governing schedule changes on the united website so i figured i'd ask here. How much of a change in time is tolerated before they allow me to reject the schedule change and book something else or get a refund??
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
IME, much more flexibility to book something else, even a half hour change - they are often flexible if you get the right agent.

For refund, I believe there are set rules, and they tend not to deviate from them. Its been said here its 90 minutes or 120 minutes depending on the thread you read.

For example, my connection in CLE changed from 85 to 38 minutes - still very legal, and unlikely to refund - but they had no problem changing the flights to accommodate me.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tons of thread about this. Some recent ones:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-original.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...le-change.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...me-refund.html

The old UA was 2 hours, the new UA seems to be 4 hours. You can usually change your itinerary for less than that, but not for refunds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.